Saddest moment

Comments

• It would be cool if it was a game for them. The ones that were offed were all the ones that rolled a natural 1 on a d20
  • I wouldn't be able to pin-point a 'most sad' IC moment for Tahquil. Angry, frustrated, jealous yes... but her approach to life only allows sadness to be fleeting before she simply gets on with it.

OOCly though, it's just been people who have disappointed her OOCly and dampened the enjoyment of Achaea as a game. ... That's about it.
  • Rangor said:
    When I realized Covenant wouldn't be there to lead Eleusis/Sentinels anymore.

And when Gaia dispersed her essence throughout the woods to cure them. (The Gaia of a looong time ago!)

I cried pretty badly. I REALLY liked Cov, probably my favourite player. That news shattered me that day.
  • I loved the time in the Jester guild but ended up leaving after autoclass due to the sheer stupidity that was its member base. Was disappointing to leave and spent many years after that as a rogue. Only ever been in one order too, so nothing to report there.

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Probably when my 245/249 rapiers decayed. This new retiring mechanic has the potential to be awful for quite a few people though.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Grandue said:
    It wasn't really a single event but more of a growing realization over the years, but I was really sad when I realized that literally nothing is a secret in the game and that people share secret IC information OOCly with other people.
    This and the feeling of not being able to trust people. Watching Aereidhna grow from being fairly trusting to optimistic but cynical has been depressing, but it's part of her evolution, I guess.

Otherwise, watching her bank account deplete to the tune of millions of gold for forging was rough. Especially finishing up legendary, realizing I'd overbought lacquer by a TON, donating it to Cyrene...and then someone emptying out the city donation chest recently and stealing everything inside.

She's mostly had a charmed life.
  • Nakari said:
    Kayeil said:
    Yeah I do wonder why some Gods got axed and others didn't.
    It seems like the two priorities were reducing the number of gods in the more factionally aligned cities (Mhaldor went from 3-4 to 1 and Good from 4 to 2), and the pretty much complete elimination of gods not tied to an organization. Out of the surviving "neutral" gods, the survivors were something like Phaestus, Naraeos, and Scarlatti (all of whom have pretty strong ties to Cyrene), Vastar (who's ideology was replaced with Chaos/Ashtan when he showed up again), Prospero and Pandora (with natural thematic ties to the neutral houses), Valnurana (obvious reasons), and Lorielan, who seems like the only truly unattached god now (she's also an elder god, which probably upped her chances of survival).
    If it was about reducing factionally aligned god #'s, I don't understand why the single city with the most dependence on divine got all of theirs axed  while everyone else gets to have at least two aligned gods lol :(

• I don't want to talk about it. :(
  • Morthif said:
    Clementius leaving. 
    This

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Sobriquet said:
    Morthif said:
    Clementius leaving. 
    This
    Absolutely this. 

• AustereAustere Tennessee
    Aquil said:
    Alrena's Pasiphaean voice resonates, "And thus, I renounce Nature, and I renounce You, Wildwood Queen!"

Bye, mom. :(
    Going out like a boss (tate)
  • Borran said:
    Sobriquet said:
    Morthif said:
    Clementius leaving. 
    This
    Absolutely this. 
    Actually, Sephira leaving was worse for Borran. She was all get knew and he felt like he was to blame.

• Aquil said:
    Alrena's Pasiphaean voice resonates, "And thus, I renounce Nature, and I renounce You, Wildwood Queen!"

It's a terrible day for rain.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Aquil said:

I missed this, but it was a pretty sad moment! I wished I had the time to say goodbye properly, I suppose.
  • Halos said:

Stirring the undergrowth, the hushed cadence of the Earthmother resonates, "Treacherous bitch."

I laughed

I did too! <3@Gaia
  • Aarashi Shamshir @Zuko Shu'in, Ambassador of Targossas (male Blue Dragon).
    He is 119 years old, having been born on the 18th of Daedalan, 592 years after the fall of the Seleucarian Empire.
    He is unranked in Achaea.
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    When in doubt, Dannyl out

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • Kiet said:
    I know it's kind of arbitrary but I don't mind like Kastalia/Melantha getting axed since afaik no one was even in their orders anymore and no one had seen the gods in years. But Selene/Indrani/some others had active orders and were still doing things right before it happened and I'm not sure why they had to go.
    Melantha had an Order. I can think of two people immediately that were in it: Sanaki and @Ephram . I'm not sure how active Melantha was, but the Order itself had active members.

But I do agree with you, I'm not sure why they had to go. Still, sadly, it was one of the blows that has pushed me away from playing Achaea.
    meh

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    edited April 2016
    Asara said:
    I didn't intend to write this and I take no pleasure in it whatsoever, but there were some things I couldn't take care of in-character/in-realms:

I just wanted to express my sincere thank you to Sarapis, Maya, Neraeos, Clementius, all the other Gods past and present, and so many generations of Achaeans I have had the pleasure of knowing for making my seven year Achaean experience one that will remain dear to me. In two weeks, I must unwillingly leave the realms at last, and after spending so many hours of my life investing myself in the game, there is so much more I would like to say but words just cannot express. It has already been incredibly difficult for me saying goodbye to my Achaean family, the Nerai. You guys are bar none the best Order in the history of Achaea. Don't ever forget your lore, your religion, your rituals, your Fleet, your history, your traditions, your triumphs, your dignity, your Aristeia, and all the other facets that make you stand apart. Your messages and letters have also made me tear up - it means so very much to me. S'hris Neraeos! Sahtae aran Ksiradhi reh'na Pelagia. When I step back and take a look, I actually grew up with this, the Achaean community, which has made this experience even more meaningful for me. Thank you especially to the Pentad for letting Asara and I contribute at the level that we did, in all avenues and means that we did. I truly enjoyed every minute of it. I don't regret any of it. The bottom line is that I had fun.

Achaea has come a long way. This world has an open-ended complexity that is responsible for the depth that makes Achaea great - enjoy it! Thank you for letting me be a part of it! I am really going to miss everyone. Laughing out loud

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Trilliana said:
    Kiet said:
    I know it's kind of arbitrary but I don't mind like Kastalia/Melantha getting axed since afaik no one was even in their orders anymore and no one had seen the gods in years. But Selene/Indrani/some others had active orders and were still doing things right before it happened and I'm not sure why they had to go.
    Melantha had an Order. I can think of two people immediately that were in it: Sanaki and @Ephram . I'm not sure how active Melantha was, but the Order itself had active members.

But I do agree with you, I'm not sure why they had to go. Still, sadly, it was one of the blows that has pushed me away from playing Achaea.
    I think Glacial and Kalexei, too?
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Delphinus and Iocun were both Kastalian to the end, IIRC.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Glacial was, as was uh...Kasya
  • Frederich said:
    Glacial was, as was uh...Kasya
    Pretty sure @Kasya wasn't a character when the order was still around, so thats unlikely

• Was one of her alts then.  I remember talking to them at the pub irl about it lmao.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Not Kastalia, but another god. I'm not revealing that info though, that's up to her!

Krypton said:
    Asara said:
    I didn't intend to write this and I take no pleasure in it whatsoever, but there were some things I couldn't take care of in-character/in-realms:

I just wanted to express my sincere thank you to Sarapis, Maya, Neraeos, Clementius, all the other Gods past and present, and so many generations of Achaeans I have had the pleasure of knowing for making my seven year Achaean experience one that will remain dear to me. In two weeks, I must unwillingly leave the realms at last, and after spending so many hours of my life investing myself in the game, there is so much more I would like to say but words just cannot express. It has already been incredibly difficult for me saying goodbye to my Achaean family, the Nerai. You guys are bar none the best Order in the history of Achaea. Don't ever forget your lore, your religion, your rituals, your Fleet, your history, your traditions, your triumphs, your dignity, your Aristeia, and all the other facets that make you stand apart. Your messages and letters have also made me tear up - it means so very much to me. S'hris Neraeos! Sahtae aran Ksiradhi reh'na Pelagia. When I step back and take a look, I actually grew up with this, the Achaean community, which has made this experience even more meaningful for me. Thank you especially to the Pentad for letting Asara and I contribute at the level that we did, in all avenues and means that we did. I truly enjoyed every minute of it. I don't regret any of it. The bottom line is that I had fun.

Achaea has come a long way. This world has an open-ended complexity that is responsible for the depth that makes Achaea great - enjoy it! Thank you for letting me be a part of it! I am really going to miss everyone. Laughing out loud

Gah, I didn't sign up for the Asara feels train and the wave of Nerai nostalgia. I had never seen this post (didn't really forums back then, and she left while I was dormant). So much rip. I'm gonna need a bit of chocolate, now. 
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby