Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Random Achaean thoughts

2

Comments

  • SilvarienSilvarien Member Posts: 577 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    edited March 2016
    Lorielan said:
    The Mercenaries of Arn were a multiracial group formed of creatures from a number of planets and planes. Arcanian was the name given to the elite force that accompanied Gruul everywhere and were single race, one of which Gruul was also. It is speculated that they were the first giants.

    "Prospero's merchant-lords had been out negotiating with the infamous mercenaries of Arn. Consisting of beings from many planes and planets, these forces were famous for their courage, their ferocity, and their absolute loyalty once paid for. The overlord of this army of mercenaries was an eight-foot tall powerful and craft warrior-lord of a previously unknown race, called Gruul. He traveled constantly surrounded by an elite guard called the Arcanians, composed solely of members of his race, none of whom spoke any language but their races' own." -- http://www.achaea.com/the-gods-march-to-war

    @Lorielan : the gods' knowledge of lore never ceases to amaze me. Virtually any weird or obscure question I ever had, @Phaestus was able to answer. For example, I once asked him what the gods were like as "children," because, I reasoned, even they had to be born in some way, some gigantic time ago. I can't imagine asking, say, @Verrucht something like that and getting an answer, (he knows WAY more than I do) but you gods seem to know.
  • RangorRangor Member Posts: 3,263 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    New Class. Thanks for the Spoiler @Lorielan ;

    "Aegis was there with his legions of Horkval: well-trained insectoid warriors arranged in tight phalanxes, and armed with spears and shields."
    image
    Utianima
  • DortheronDortheron Member Posts: 343 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Silvarien said:
    Lorielan said:
    The Mercenaries of Arn were a multiracial group formed of creatures from a number of planets and planes. Arcanian was the name given to the elite force that accompanied Gruul everywhere and were single race, one of which Gruul was also. It is speculated that they were the first giants.

    "Prospero's merchant-lords had been out negotiating with the infamous mercenaries of Arn. Consisting of beings from many planes and planets, these forces were famous for their courage, their ferocity, and their absolute loyalty once paid for. The overlord of this army of mercenaries was an eight-foot tall powerful and craft warrior-lord of a previously unknown race, called Gruul. He traveled constantly surrounded by an elite guard called the Arcanians, composed solely of members of his race, none of whom spoke any language but their races' own." -- http://www.achaea.com/the-gods-march-to-war

    @Lorielan : the gods' knowledge of lore never ceases to amaze me. Virtually any weird or obscure question I ever had, @Phaestus was able to answer. For example, I once asked him what the gods were like as "children," because, I reasoned, even they had to be born in some way, some gigantic time ago. I can't imagine asking, say, @Verrucht something like that and getting an answer, (he knows WAY more than I do) but you gods seem to know.
    I remember some time ago (I think it was a @Tecton live stream, or maybe an article/interview by @Sarapis, because the example given was the Xoran backstory, so this had to have been before Bal'met) that the Garden has way more thoughts and knowledge about the backstory and lore of Achaea that they don't openly share, and that they have some thoughts on how and why things came about but no absolutes on some stuff. I have few doubts that before the Demi-gods take over an IC god role that they have to read a big dossier about the god and the garden that's been compiled over the years.
    You know, that one thing at that one place, with that one person.

    Yea, that one!
  • SzanthaxSzanthax San DiegoMember Posts: 1,906 @ - Epic Achaean
    Dortheron said:
    Silvarien said:
    Lorielan said:
    The Mercenaries of Arn were a multiracial group formed of creatures from a number of planets and planes. Arcanian was the name given to the elite force that accompanied Gruul everywhere and were single race, one of which Gruul was also. It is speculated that they were the first giants.

    "Prospero's merchant-lords had been out negotiating with the infamous mercenaries of Arn. Consisting of beings from many planes and planets, these forces were famous for their courage, their ferocity, and their absolute loyalty once paid for. The overlord of this army of mercenaries was an eight-foot tall powerful and craft warrior-lord of a previously unknown race, called Gruul. He traveled constantly surrounded by an elite guard called the Arcanians, composed solely of members of his race, none of whom spoke any language but their races' own." -- http://www.achaea.com/the-gods-march-to-war

    @Lorielan : the gods' knowledge of lore never ceases to amaze me. Virtually any weird or obscure question I ever had, @Phaestus was able to answer. For example, I once asked him what the gods were like as "children," because, I reasoned, even they had to be born in some way, some gigantic time ago. I can't imagine asking, say, @Verrucht something like that and getting an answer, (he knows WAY more than I do) but you gods seem to know.
    I remember some time ago (I think it was a @Tecton live stream, or maybe an article/interview by @Sarapis, because the example given was the Xoran backstory, so this had to have been before Bal'met) that the Garden has way more thoughts and knowledge about the backstory and lore of Achaea that they don't openly share, and that they have some thoughts on how and why things came about but no absolutes on some stuff. I have few doubts that before the Demi-gods take over an IC god role that they have to read a big dossier about the god and the garden that's been compiled over the years.
    I'd have to be a forgetful God...



  • KryptonKrypton shi-KhurenaMember Posts: 2,377 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    The wiki on Ceylon, the second newbie trial, has for a long time said:
    It is rumoured that the souls of such luminous individuals as Emperor Nicator and the Aldar Dekalb reside there, as well. 

    So I was pretty mad when the Trial was changed. My newbie alt mission was to find Nicator on that plane, dammit!!

    (Mhaldor): Herenicus says, "Apologies, I am in-and-out of hold with Verizon wireless customer service."
    UtianimaAereidhna
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna beMember Posts: 3,370 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Krypton said:
    The wiki on Ceylon, the second newbie trial, has for a long time said:
    It is rumoured that the souls of such luminous individuals as Emperor Nicator and the Aldar Dekalb reside there, as well. 

    So I was pretty mad when the Trial was changed. My newbie alt mission was to find Nicator on that plane, dammit!!

    The whole area still exists, mechanically speaking, soooooo...

    Idk man. Someday.

    (not really but you know)
    Huh. Neat.
  • GoryllinGoryllin Member Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    This is kinda embarrassing. After 2 years away from the game... I don't really remember my artifacts or what they actually do. (outside of the weapons, strength and con boosts ones).
    SzanthaxUtianimaAereidhna
  • SzanthaxSzanthax San DiegoMember Posts: 1,906 @ - Epic Achaean
    Goryllin said:
    This is kinda embarrassing. After 2 years away from the game... I don't really remember my artifacts or what they actually do. (outside of the weapons, strength and con boosts ones).
    I still forget how to do basic things...



    Utianima
  • TolanTolan Member Posts: 181 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Goryllin said:
    This is kinda embarrassing. After 2 years away from the game... I don't really remember my artifacts or what they actually do. (outside of the weapons, strength and con boosts ones).
    I've been gone from Achaea for somewhere close to ten years. Even though I've been playing other MUDs and other IREs, for some reason I still can't code for shit when it comes to Achaea. Some might say, "Oh well, you smoke pot, you stoner", others might say, "Each game is their own, and different in oh so many ways". I would say ... "Brain damage hurts".
    SzanthaxUtianimaNataliia
  • SzanthaxSzanthax San DiegoMember Posts: 1,906 @ - Epic Achaean
    Tolan said:
    Goryllin said:
    This is kinda embarrassing. After 2 years away from the game... I don't really remember my artifacts or what they actually do. (outside of the weapons, strength and con boosts ones).
    I've been gone from Achaea for somewhere close to ten years. Even though I've been playing other MUDs and other IREs, for some reason I still can't code for shit when it comes to Achaea. Some might say, "Oh well, you smoke pot, you stoner", others might say, "Each game is their own, and different in oh so many ways". I would say ... "Brain damage hurts".
    When I left it was all mud coding... Now it's like... Real coding. . More flexible but more complex



  • TreyTrey Member Posts: 4,797 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Goryllin said:
    This is kinda embarrassing. After 2 years away from the game... I don't really remember my artifacts or what they actually do. (outside of the weapons, strength and con boosts ones).
    ARTEFACT LIST, then look at relevant help files.

    TarausUtianimaAereidhnaNataliia
  • KezKez Member Posts: 646 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Here's a random achaean thought.

    If there's a feature that looks an awful lot like a bug, but everyone is aware and accepts or even makes use of it in practice, can it still be considered a bug?
  • TreyTrey Member Posts: 4,797 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Kez said:
    Here's a random achaean thought.

    If there's a feature that looks an awful lot like a bug, but everyone is aware and accepts or even makes use of it in practice, can it still be considered a bug?
    I'd say yes, only because if it's not performing as intended it's still a bug. Whether that bug is favorable or not is another matter, and I suppose the admin could shift intent and it would cease to be one.

    KezTahquilUtianima
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the StormMember Posts: 3,178 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Trey said:
    Kez said:
    Here's a random achaean thought.

    If there's a feature that looks an awful lot like a bug, but everyone is aware and accepts or even makes use of it in practice, can it still be considered a bug?
    I'd say yes, only because if it's not performing as intended it's still a bug. Whether that bug is favorable or not is another matter, and I suppose the admin could shift intent and it would cease to be one.
    Like Gare from the wilderness by outer islands... :cry:

    Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
    Shirszae
  • SarathaiSarathai Member Posts: 2,139 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Klendathu said:
    Trey said:
    Kez said:
    Here's a random achaean thought.

    If there's a feature that looks an awful lot like a bug, but everyone is aware and accepts or even makes use of it in practice, can it still be considered a bug?
    I'd say yes, only because if it's not performing as intended it's still a bug. Whether that bug is favorable or not is another matter, and I suppose the admin could shift intent and it would cease to be one.
    Like Gare from the wilderness by outer islands... :cry:
    Can't you just move a few rooms out with a Transoceanic Orb and Gare then?
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."



  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the StormMember Posts: 3,178 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Sarathai said:
    Klendathu said:
    Trey said:
    Kez said:
    Here's a random achaean thought.

    If there's a feature that looks an awful lot like a bug, but everyone is aware and accepts or even makes use of it in practice, can it still be considered a bug?
    I'd say yes, only because if it's not performing as intended it's still a bug. Whether that bug is favorable or not is another matter, and I suppose the admin could shift intent and it would cease to be one.
    Like Gare from the wilderness by outer islands... :cry:
    Can't you just move a few rooms out with a Transoceanic Orb and Gare then?
    Went quite a distance (at least 20 rooms) from Ageiro, and no dice :(

    Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • KyrraKyrra AustraliaMember Posts: 4,861 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Klendathu said:
    Sarathai said:
    Klendathu said:
    Trey said:
    Kez said:
    Here's a random achaean thought.

    If there's a feature that looks an awful lot like a bug, but everyone is aware and accepts or even makes use of it in practice, can it still be considered a bug?
    I'd say yes, only because if it's not performing as intended it's still a bug. Whether that bug is favorable or not is another matter, and I suppose the admin could shift intent and it would cease to be one.
    Like Gare from the wilderness by outer islands... :cry:
    Can't you just move a few rooms out with a Transoceanic Orb and Gare then?
    Went quite a distance (at least 20 rooms) from Ageiro, and no dice :(
    Time to walk to an inner island?
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the StormMember Posts: 3,178 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Kyrra said:
    Klendathu said:
    Sarathai said:
    Klendathu said:
    Trey said:
    Kez said:
    Here's a random achaean thought.

    If there's a feature that looks an awful lot like a bug, but everyone is aware and accepts or even makes use of it in practice, can it still be considered a bug?
    I'd say yes, only because if it's not performing as intended it's still a bug. Whether that bug is favorable or not is another matter, and I suppose the admin could shift intent and it would cease to be one.
    Like Gare from the wilderness by outer islands... :cry:
    Can't you just move a few rooms out with a Transoceanic Orb and Gare then?
    Went quite a distance (at least 20 rooms) from Ageiro, and no dice :(
    Time to walk to an inner island?
    It's only 120 or so rooms from the mainland to Ageiro, 31 from Prin to Orilla, etc. There are ways

    Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
    Kyrra
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess BellatereMember, Seafaring Liason Posts: 3,054 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited March 2016
    So... as I had 2 OOC days left on that cart of mine. I decided to run a little experiment. I pushed the cart all the way from Delos to outside Minia and filled it with an assortment of clothing to see what people would buy from it. At the end of two days...

    sensuous silk panties of black and green

    canvas trousers of a deep brown

    a sensuous halter-neck bra of black and green

    a lacy silk garterbelt of black and green

    a hooded indigo travelling cloak

    knee-high black leather boots with stiletto heels

    a demure, yet provocative deep violet mini dress

    strong brown hiking boots

    a charcoal black cloak with crimson knotwork

    a pair of steel-heeled stiletto shoes

    a pair of men's durable black trousers

    a high-collared, black shirt with long sleeves

    a sultry, hooded cloak of crimson roses

    sensuous silk panties of black and green

    tiny red lace bra

    tiny red lace panties


    :| I'm very happy that some boots and men's clothing sold, but why was it out of all the ladies' wear that was on sale, most of it was just sexy lingerie getting bought?

    edit: for further experimentation I have decided to assemble a fresh cart and put the clothes out for a longer period for a larger sample.





  • KezKez Member Posts: 646 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    You know why.

    I used to make a mint selling bras and panties in the wolves den, but as soon as I got a shop in Delos I moved it all out of there on principle, and tried stocking useful stuff that honestly hasn't needed restocking in... well... ever.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess BellatereMember, Seafaring Liason Posts: 3,054 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Yeah but... I mean, let's presume here that some of the female newbies aren't actually minia hookers. I kinda hoped that some of the not-sexy clothing would sell. :(


    Nataliia
  • BlujixapugBlujixapug Member Posts: 1,833 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Skye said:
    So... as I had 2 OOC days left on that cart of mine. I decided to run a little experiment. I pushed the cart all the way from Delos to outside Minia and filled it with an assortment of clothing to see what people would buy from it. At the end of two days...

    :| I'm very happy that some boots and men's clothing sold, but why was it out of all the ladies' wear that was on sale, most of it was just sexy lingerie getting bought?

    edit: for further experimentation I have decided to assemble a fresh cart and put the clothes out for a longer period for a larger sample.

    smut-peddling encourager of degeneracy distances herself responsibility by framing her panty-pushing as 'a little experiment'

    shameful
    image
    Exelethril
  • XadenXaden Member Posts: 2,315 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Skye said:
    Yeah but... I mean, let's presume here that some of the female newbies aren't actually minia hookers. I kinda hoped that some of the not-sexy clothing would sell. :(
    Might be lads buying it as saucy gifts...


    ...for minia hookers
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

    ElipiseNataliia
  • ValkynValkyn Member Posts: 734 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Maybe vellis just has a secret. 

    JukilianAereidhnaAziikNataliia
  • NakariNakari Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Also, the people familiar with carts and how to use them are probably disproportionately players with some experience, which would probably push the percentage of sexalts up (especially because many of them stay around Minia for much longer then your average player will).

  • KayeilKayeil Washington StateMember Posts: 2,824 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Yeah, as much fun as accessories can be, whether the clothing or jewellery type... the sales are slow and few compared to other things.  :/
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

  • SkyeSkye The Duchess BellatereMember, Seafaring Liason Posts: 3,054 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Cost is part of the problem. Jewellery based accessories in particular cost quite a lot more than tailoring accessories like ribbons. Also unlike Lusternia, there's also little to no incentive to dressing up. 


    Nataliia
Sign In to Comment.