Stocking Fillers - The Obligatory 'whatdidyaget' thread

Comments

• You open a logosmas stocking and find a luxurious black top hat, 777 gold sovereigns, and a group of 
    6 coal pieces inside!

Thanks @Savira

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • @Tecton @Sarapis Out of curiosity, is there anything in place to make these stockings worth buying this late in the month? Seems like by now you've just lost so many opportunities to open them that the relative value is so much lower.
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Antonius said:
    @Tecton @Sarapis Out of curiosity, is there anything in place to make these stockings worth buying this late in the month? Seems like by now you've just lost so many opportunities to open them that the relative value is so much lower.
    Stockings are single-use, so yes, they'll have the same value no matter when you buy it.
  • I don't really understand your question, @Antonius but I'll trust that @Tecton answered it!
  • If someone left your stocking somewhere inaccessible, will it sit there until you get to it?

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Trey said:
    If someone left your stocking somewhere inaccessible, will it sit there until you get to it?
    Yes! Suicide run!
  • Tecton said:
    Trey said:
    If someone left your stocking somewhere inaccessible, will it sit there until you get to it?
    Yes! Suicide run!
    Already did that for one in Eleusis! The one in question is inside a private estate.

• In all honesty, what was the point of them buying it for you then?

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • To force me to be social! We're on different schedules, I'll get it eventually! 

• Also to stay on topic, so far I got a caribou fawn, a featureless ice figurine and Ironbeard battle fig. I didn't expect to get many/any stockings, so this was a nice surprise.

• You open a logosmas stocking and find a featureless ice figurine, a group of 10 coal pieces, and a
    group of 18 ginseng roots inside!

I am not having good luck with these. And I think Ironbeard is confused -

The rowdy notes of a drinking song, faint at first, then rising to the undisputed intensity of a
    Dwarf On A Mission, herald the arrival of Ironbeard the Magnanimous who casts his beam of a smile
    about himself as he arrives.
    "Far better to give than to receive!" Ironbeard the Magnanimous declares, smiling, giftbag in hand.
    "For you, Darktalon, and none other. No, really!"
    Ironbeard the Magnanimous just gave you a giftbag!

Shaped roughly resembling a drawstring sack, this small but spacious bag can hold a few items.
    Stained linen bandages are wrapped haphazardly around the exterior of the bag to prevent anything
    from falling out. The interior of the bag vaguely resembles decomposed skin, and what appears to be
    tendons have been crudely attached as handles.
    It has 2 months of usefulness left.
    It weighs about 22 pounds.
    A mummified Mayaween giftbag is holding:
    "sigil405923"                           a cube sigil
    "fist411871"                            a fist-shaped sigil
    "fist411961"                            a fist-shaped sigil
    "sigil411963"                           a cube sigil
    "sigil411980"                           a knife sigil
    "sigil412041"                           a mushroom sigil
    "sigil412047"                           a cube sigil
    "sigil412107"                           a mushroom sigil
    "sigil412269"                           a knife sigil
    "fist412310"                            a fist-shaped sigil
    "key sigil412393"                       a key-shaped sigil
    2154 gold sovereigns.
    It contains a total of 12 items of a max of 25.

Thinks it is still Mayaween based on the bag. I am guessing it is a bug and the contents are the same, just thought it was amusing.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    For those curious - I know at least @Datrius and @Kayeil were wondering - finally got ahold of a turkey mount and handed it off as a gift!

This enormous turkey stands at an impressive size of seven feet, his extraordinary girth spanning half that to give plenty of room for a rider to rest in comfort. Shiny, dark bronze feathers cover his thick body, their hues lightening around his visage, contrasting the avian's beady black eyes. His head features a bright red dewlap and snood beside his elongated ashen beak, fleshy protuberances swaying about as he gobbles. The expansive array of plumage that composes the extravagant tail consists of alternating rings of garnet and gold, periodically converging to shape an oculus, a ring of emerald specks at its centre.
    An oversized turkey is quite powerful.
    He has 100% health remaining.
    He weighs about 234 pounds.
    A collar of Lupus encircles his neck.
    A badge of returning has been attached to him.
    He is mountable as a legendary steed.
    He is loyal to Ainly.

An oversized turkey lets out a desperate gobble, frantically beating his short wings trying to remain upright. (When Ainly dropped him)
    A tufty turkey chick hops back in slight alarm at the appearance of an oversized turkey and promptly trips over his own awkward talons.

Ainly, riding an oversized turkey, arrives from the down.
    A tufty turkey chick trots up to an oversized turkey with his awkward gait but stops short to gaze in awe at the size of his adult counterpart.

Probably a lot of other stuff, but that's what I've seen so far. Awkwardly adorable.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    I need that in my life like yesterday.  o:)
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Melodie said:
    An oversized turkey is quite powerful.
    Mmm. Just imagining what a delicious and oversized turducken that would make...
  • Meh, nothing great (but still helpful). Bought 5 fancy stockings;
    Looking over yourself, you see the following tattoos:
    Body Part    Tattoo                    Charges  Active 
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Head         a shield tattoo           46          N
    Head         a mindseye tattoo         28          Y
    Torso        a cloak tattoo            10          Y
    Torso        a boar tattoo             art         Y
    Left arm     a moss tattoo             art         Y
    Right arm    a chameleon tattoo        18          N
    Left leg     a tree tattoo             art         N
    Right leg    a moon tattoo             n/a         Y
    Back         a prism tattoo            38          N
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [6700h | 6510m | 70%] e (04:49:17.609) 

A crappily-filled globe in the 4th, and gave the 5th to Azhelyn, who got a globe+4000-ish gold and ~11 sip of lucky.
    Gonna give her the golden one for xmas tomorrow (today) and see what she gets.

• I am convinced the fancy stockings only have globes in them, and considering a globe cost 4.99 and fancy stocking costs three times that, it makes me incredibly irritated.

• Paid 175 credits for a Grand stocking. Got a Prospectors Guidebook that traded in for 133. Bleh.
  • Datrius said:
    Paid 175 credits for a Grand stocking. Got a Prospectors Guidebook that traded in for 133. Bleh.
    got 2 grand stockings... think i've managed to get like a couple surcoat and some sips of lucky.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    You open a logosmas golden stocking and find 1 mayan crown, 553 gold sovereigns, a group of 13 coal 
    pieces, and a group of 17 bloodroot leaves inside!

You open a logosmas golden stocking and find a crate marked "live animal inside" (a wobbly camel calf), a worn whetstone, 
    a group of 12 wood commodities, a group of 13 coal pieces, a group of 16 valerian leaves, a group of 
    25 valerian leaves, and a group of 9 coal pieces inside!
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• edited December 2015
    Golden ones did not treat me well... a vial, a crown and a jackal, 20 credits, a sandman, some lucky and two whetstones were the only things of note out of five gold logosmas and one gold fancy. Since I have no use for whetstones, not that great. Oh well.

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    You open a logosmas golden stocking and find 25 credits, 1100 gold sovereigns, and a group of 27 bloodroot leaves inside!

I haven't opened the others. I was under the impression the gold/platinum stockings would have double loot. :confounded: 

• You open a logosmas golden stocking and find 25 credits, 1908 gold sovereigns, and 812 gold 
    sovereigns inside!

I am not sure that's twice what the normal stockings were, which is what the golden/platinum ones were advertised as.. that seems pretty lackluster to be honest.

• Yeah, I got about the same on average as the regular ones, not sure how it's double either.

• On my 4 gold stockings I got 20 humgii tickets, 1 mayan crown, 20 credits and 20 credits. The 20 tickets make me happy I'm obviously addicted to the gamble, and the mayan crown well a shop of wonders mount would be lovely someday! Better than what I expected. Happy it's not a top hat or ice figurine.
  • KasyaKasya Tennessee
    I got a camel calf and a camel mount and haven't decided what to do with them. 
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    I apparently acquired a stocking from a mystery someone! Thank you to whomever bought me one anonymously.

You open a logosmas stocking and find a crate marked "live animal inside" (a tufty turkey chick), a group of 5 Lucrescent 
    nuts, 1682 gold sovereigns, 283 gold sovereigns, a group of 15 bloodroot leaves, a group of 26 
    bloodroot leaves, and a group of 8 pieces of rope inside! 
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• edited December 2015
    Why are whetstones even an item given in these? Proficiency really doesn't do much these days with the weaponry changes to knights.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    I pretty much had all the proficiencies from ages ago when I was sitting on an excess of 2000+ lessons and just wanted to burn through them since we can't use lessons for gambling anymore. I figure my whetstone is just another RP item now, like my shears or cooking spoon from crafting. I can't use it or trade it in, but that's okay.

• You open a logosmas golden stocking and find a group of 5 Lucrescent nuts, a 
    worn whetstone, 2023 gold sovereigns, a group of 12 ginseng roots, a group of 19
    goldenseal roots, and a group of 9 coal pieces inside!

You open a logosmas golden stocking and find a featureless ice figurine, a worn 
    whetstone, a group of 16 valerian leaves, a group of 25 goldenseal roots, a 
    group of 6 coal pieces, and a group of 9 steel bars inside!

waiting on platinum now!

• KasyaKasya Tennessee
    The whetstones have no tradein value, which is unfortunate because I now have three... I got zero prior to the golden stockings, and am not too excited about them. :(