Achaea podcast!

Comments

• Vithincus said:
    Hey! I did a thing!

Vithincus you sound awesome! I'm willing to help with whatever. I have zero audio production background but I'm an avid listener of several of these!
  • @Vithincus, you have kind of a Brian Posehn tone to your voice.

• Trey said:
    @Vithincus, you have kind of a Brian Posehn tone to your voice.
    I get that -all- of the time!
  • Surely Pandora's Box should be set up for suggestions. :)

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • edited September 2015
    I'm really excited that someone is finally getting this going!

There's always a ton to discuss in Achaea. There are politics, the backgrounds of cities and houses, a ton of people have been around long enough to talk about the history of old houses and guilds (and I think a lot of people really enjoy hearing about how past events and structures lead to the current world), there are ships and all that jazz, there's PvP with group combat, 1v1 offence and defence for each class, and raiding, you could do tips for and discussions of roleplaying, there's current events, etc. The game has been around so long and there's so much different stuff going on all the time that I doubt you'd ever run out of interesting stuff to talk about.

I do not have a radio voice, but I really, really hope this takes off.

Three suggestions from podcasts I listen to and friends who produce podcasts:
    1. Doing several regular "segments" with multiple people each week can be really hard to coordinate. Doing two hosts and one guest each episode is a pretty good format that doesn't require too much cat-wrangling. Any more than that and things get hard and scheduling starts becoming harder than actually sitting down and doing the thing.
    2. I listen to a few podcasts where they do "question and answer" and that whole thing can get really boring if you just answer a battery of smallish questions rather than choosing one or two that can spark a real, good conversation.
    3. It's better to talk more about fewer things each episode. Depth is always better than breadth for conversations and opinions (even negative opinions) are good.
    As for a song, it seems like @Zuko @Laurie et al would be the natural choice, if they're willing.
  • edited September 2015
    @Tael Thank you for the pointers. So far my strategy has just to google "how to podcast." It's been working so far! As to having a voice for radio, I sound like a troll, so there is that.

Worry not though future listeners! @Tahquil is going to be my co-host and will be bringing her +5 voice bonus along to the show. Her accent is the only reason why I chose her really. It has nothing to do with her being bright, witty and wonderful to collaborate with (did I do the prank AND praise right?). We'll be releasing a twenty to thirty minute podcast between now and before the release of multi-class and have decided that our first episode is going to be an introduction to the show. If you have any questions you'd like us to discuss please feel free to let us know! I hope you're all half as excited to hear the first episode as I am to make it!
  • We are going to be pretty red-faced if multi-class is released tomorrow! Like Vithincus said we'll be doing an introduction podcast. It's not just for the show but an introductory of ourselves as well.

If you have any question for either of us as players or even our characters don't be afraid to post here or shoot us a private message. Can range from favourite colour, foods .. underwear type....

The more you guys put in the more you guys will get out of us!
  • This is so awesome! Looking forward to it @Tahquil and @Vithincus!
  • Oops. The song people are actually @Zuko and @Lauria not Laurie.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    I just want all the goss on that juicy Tahquil-Aerek-Melodie love triangle. It's like The Bold and The Beautiful Achaea Style.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Kyrra said:
    I just want all the goss on that juicy Tahquil-Aerek-Melodie love triangle. It's like The Bold and The Beautiful Achaea Style.
    Hey hey! And that's the kind of shit we'll be avoiding like the plague on the podcast! No National Enquirer Achaea edition up in this bitch. I'm sure there are plenty of skype groups and shitty ooc clans you can tune in on for that sort of bullshit. 
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Vithincus said:
    Kyrra said:
    Hey hey! And that's the kind of shit we'll be avoiding like the plague on the podcast! No National Enquirer Achaea edition up in this bitch. I'm sure there are plenty of skype groups and shitty ooc clans you can tune in on for that sort of bullshit. 
    That's why you put up restrictions on what people can ask about!
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Tahquil, Aerek and Melodie are in a love triangle. The end. Next question?
  • Tahquil said:
    Tahquil, Aerek and Melodie are in a love triangle. The end. Next question?
    See, this is exactly the kind of too-short Q&A answer I was talking about.
  • We're going to have a lot of topics to talk about and will have many episodes discussing things such as houses, bashing, pk, economic systems before having to resort to gossip mongering 'The Bold and The Beautiful style'. We're trying to make it a relaxed, informative program and not a drama.

Hell, if it ever comes to the point gossiping about others becomes the main focus of the show I can safely say on behalf of Vithincus and I both - it won't be continuing.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Just to add in my own bit:

While I am not against talking about the "behind the scenes" of the wedding/etc and various character's mindsets about certain decisions (either just myself or with other players joining in the conversation), I definitely will not be indulging any gossip. Go watch your own soap operas if you want that!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • LothienLothien Montréal, Québec
    I just posted a poll on this, but maybe it'd be a good podcast topic -- having alts. Do you have them? How do you find time to develop all of their stories? Does it enhance the Achaean experience for you? Etc.
  • That's a good question @Lothien, thank you for mentioning it! We're going to be doing the recording for our first episode later today and I hope we'll have something up for Friday.
  • Hi Guys, there is a small delay on my part. Sorry. We needed another day to iron out some details .. however I'll be heading on a trip for 5 days expect an episode on monday/tuesday hopefully.
  • Let me know if you want a British voice to record a segment. Ive done numerous hacking videos for work so quite used to it. Might need to find a decent mic from somewhere though

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Sobriquet said:
    Let me know if you want a British voice to record a segment. Ive done numerous hacking videos for work so quite used to it. Might need to find a decent mic from somewhere though
    Australian is the new british accent..

• KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Vithincus said:
    Hey! We did a thing!

Hi @Tahquil i think i just fell in love with you

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • Kenway said:
    Vithincus said:
    Hey! We did a thing!

Hi @Tahquil i think i just fell in love with you
    Get in line, @Mayapple saw her first.

• LothienLothien Montréal, Québec
    I'm famous!! Thanks for taking my question!
  • @Tahquil in South Africa we have the same kinda thing, you buy uncapped but when you get to lets say 150 gig you get "softcapped"..its like dial up speed...but its Achaea Friendly:)

Anyways good job guys..keep it up