Achaea podcast!

Hihihihi. I've been thinking about dipping my toe into the world of podcasting for awhile now and thought it could be fun to make a little podcast about Achaea. Is this something that anybody would be interested in helping me with? I thought the first episode we could focus a little on the different cities/factions and see where we go from there. In the end I'd be happy if only five or six people even ended up listening to it, I'm just in it for the fun. Fire me a message here or you can hit me up on skype: Vithincus. Kthnxluvubye. 

Comments

• I wouldn't mind helping out (and I have a background in audio production to help with), but I've also got a somewhat limited schedule. What exactly are you looking for help with? Someone to co-produce the whole thing for you, or would you accept smaller varieties of specific help?  :)

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• I'd definitely be interested in something like this, and perhaps occasionally participate. If you do this, keep a thread up to date and you'll probably have a few more than 5 or 6 listeners.
  • edited September 2015
    Jhaeli said:
    I wouldn't mind helping out (and I have a background in audio production to help with), but I've also got a somewhat limited schedule. What exactly are you looking for help with? Someone to co-produce the whole thing for you, or would you accept smaller varieties of specific help?  :)
    Honestly I have no experience whatsoever with audio production, so I guess right now it would be something like how do I make this not sound like it was recorded in a wind tunnel onto a wax tablet. I'm doing some research now into what programs would be good (and more importantly, free) to use. Seeing as whomever might be on the podcast with me won't be in the same location I also need to figure that out. I'm looking into programs to record skype conversations at the moment.
  • I'd happily represent the merchants. I have the perfect face for radio.
  • I did a radio show for Lusternia once upon a time... @Saibel remembers!
  • If your microphone is mobile, then try recording in different rooms in your home, see what works better. Some ambience can be taken out, but only to a point. There ARE ways of getting decent audio with an iPhone, for example.

Talk slowly. Use straight-forward, action-focused language. Pre-write your scripts, then go off-script while recording. Personally, I would start out with a shorter podcast (under fifteen minutes), then go longer if you're feeling ambitious. Another option might be to have more than one person record different segments, like a pre-done radio show or news program, which would get around the multiple people/skype thing.

I'll see what programs I can pull up here at home to help out with!

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• LothienLothien Montréal, Québec
    I will subscribe, listen to a few episodes, then forget about it and listen to Taylor Swift in my car instead like I do with all podcasts. :(
  • I would like to help. :)
  • Hmmm, depends on the topics I guess. I don't want to listen to a boring podcast.
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    edited September 2015
    The one God I want to snuggle with the most is @Sartan but I'll probably be reduced to ashes first. @Sarapis would be a safer choice in hindsight. (Yes, I listened to the above soundcloud clip!)

I'll be willing to help out in the effort if this ever gets off the ground!
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• I'd represent the Luminai. But only if I'm allowed to BEEP censor 95% of my speech.
    I also have a terrible accent.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Hmm.

This is an interesting start. I might like to help, though probably not as a co-host, bit shy for that (but appearing on the show sometimes, sure). Looking forward to see where this goes!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • @Ruth You'd be great to have on to speak about Mhaldor!
    @Blujixapug Thanks! I just put together a couple of talking points I wanted to hit on and went for it. Subsequent efforts will certainly have more structure to them. I just wanted to get something up, get people interested, and get those interested on board.
    @Siduri I guess I'm going to have to learn how to bleep swears eventually! Would love to chat with you. Also accents are cool.
  • edited September 2015
    Ill listen to this while i play

..well with my South afican time i might miss it..can u save it and link it after?

• I'll cohost, sure.  >:)
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    I WANT TO PLAY
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Yeah I think what would be the most interesting episodes is when you get someone like (prominent ashtani) and (prominent targossian) in the same episode
  • I would be happy to serve as cohost. I have been playing since 1999 and I am very much unbiased. I have a background in theatre, so I believe I would serve well as a cohort. I have stage managed many shows and acted in a few, so I hope that I may serve a useful purpose. I am not a techie, with respect to audio quality and such, since I have people for that usually. I hope you consider this application, and if not, the best to you!

• My ideas for topics:

Multiclassing - when, where, and what?

Automated combat - bad for Achaea?

Ashtan - the worst city?

Are MUDs doomed?
  • Hey! @Vithincus this is a great idea. I'd listen.
    Some of Aepas' friends back in Colorado do a weekly podcast. I bet you could zip him a little message and ask him what they used sound wise because they literally do it on their iphone through an app that actually works surprisingly well.
    (You can see what the sound quality is like on the actual cast we were on chatting about Achaea for a while at one point -  -)
    I think they do things really simply but it's crisp and clear.

I like the positive attitude behind your ideas for the podcast and I would be super eager to hear what you and people have to say about things. 
    Best of luck :)

• I'll participate if you want combat-y stuffs

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • I'll provide jokes :).

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • I will totally listen. I know nothing about podcasts but would be happy to help in any way. Happy to talk about everything but combat, LOL. My phone has a badass mic.
  • If you're interested in co-hosting or would like to be on an episode or just want to chat please hit me up on skype. The name is pretty easy, just Vithincus. I wanted to start chatting with some people today. Kthanx!
  • Tagging @Leliel and @Killian because I think they might be awesome for something like this too :)