Nexus (HTML5) client updates!

Comments

• Vanceroth said:
    @Brean
    Are you having the issue with blank pop-ups, as well? The map is indeed fixed, though the tabs have been changed and pop-ups are blank white windows.
    I have not had any, just the map.
  • Hey there, 

couple let recommendations and questions here.

1. Pvp targeting. I get this is disabled to stop young ones from getting into trouble. Can you enable this as an option or make it a shift tab combo?

2. Resizing. at work I have chrome set to a custom size to only see the chat. It seems when this is done it assumes its on mobile and stops recording chat into the tabs for when I resize to see what I missed. I see this as a bug.

-

s there documentation on how to write scripts for it?

is this on github? Even if it is proprietary. I would like to help. Willing to submit NDA and waiver of copyright. Did work on BlackBerry's webworks engine and html 5 gui.

thanks!

• Aesi said:
    Hey there, 

couple let recommendations and questions here.

1. Pvp targeting. I get this is disabled to stop young ones from getting into trouble. Can you enable this as an option or make it a shift tab combo?

2. Resizing. at work I have chrome set to a custom size to only see the chat. It seems when this is done it assumes its on mobile and stops recording chat into the tabs for when I resize to see what I missed. I see this as a bug.

-

s there documentation on how to write scripts for it?

is this on github? Even if it is proprietary. I would like to help. Willing to submit NDA and waiver of copyright. Did work on BlackBerry's webworks engine and html 5 gui.

1. Shift-tab is complete-from buffer, but we've already got an option in the works to let you cycle through players with tab as well.

2. Yeah, should probably still record chat to there. 

No real documentation on scripts for it yet. That's going to be an upcoming focus for it.

It's proprietary, not open-source, yeah. Appreciate the offer of help but I think we're good for now. Having said that, since you have experience with html5 guis, you may see foundational stuff that could be done/done better with the client that I'm not seeing. If so, feel free to shoot me an email at matt (-at-) ironrealms (-dot-) com.
  • Wait, shift-tab is complete from buffer?

Mind blown.
  • Non-scripting functionality is documented here (newish page that hasn't been widely announced yet):

http://nexus.ironrealms.com/ClientBasics
  • Bah, changed Nexus so I can't go through and make sure I got everything. Now Java won't let me in.
  • Reading the documentation and this made me chuckle

• I just discovered why I didn't know about shift+tab.

It doesn't work in Chrome, which doesn't seem to pass the keys into the window.

When you do Shift+Tab, it seems to just cycle through all of the display elements of the page.
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    would CTRL+TAB be a better keybind for that?
    Never mind that jumps between the tabs in my browser. Is the Shift+Tab thing reconfigurable? To have the cycling bound to a different key?
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Tharvis said:
    would CTRL+TAB be a better keybind for that?
    Never mind that jumps between the tabs in my browser. Is the Shift+Tab thing reconfigurable? To have the cycling bound to a different key?
    Apparently not, at least not in vanilla Chrome.
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Shift+tab works fine for me in vanilla chrome after I type a couple of characters (tested on osx and windows)
  • edited June 2015
    How strange. I just tested it again and it's still highlighting different elements (you can see the little anchor text in the lower-left corner similar to when you hover over a link).

I dug a little deeper into Chrome's keybindings and it appears that shift+tab is supposed to step backwards through the anchors the same way bare tab normally steps forward through them. I'm on Windows, using Chrome 43.0.2357.130 m

Edit: Decided to try it without loading my refexes and mysteriously now it's working. Wondering if it had something to do with my scripts, I disabled all of them and reloaded (loading reflexes this time), and it's still broken. I'm trying to figure out exactly what UI option is breaking it - will update if I can narrow it down.
  • edited June 2015
    I seem to have at least found a way to reproduce it: if you load up the client, log in, don't load reflexes (so everything stays default), then right click and remove either the buttons or the avatar or the gauges, it stops working (and doesn't start working again if you re-add them). Since I don't have the buttons or the avatar in my saved UI, I'm guessing that's what's breaking it.

Edit: Changing "Reduced gauge height" breaks it too. I'm guessing this is something to do with the way the bottom container updates when changes are made.
  • KasyaKasya Tennessee
    Alright, the comment I made last night in client side scripts probably belonged here. The problem I have with the client is that it's not feasible on a 15" laptop screen. The resolution of my screen makes Nexus too large, and that doesn't seem to be configurable.
    Kasya said:
    Alright, the comment I made last night in client side scripts probably belonged here. The problem I have with the client is that it's not feasible on a 15" laptop screen. The resolution of my screen makes Nexus too large, and that doesn't seem to be configurable.
    Hi Kasya - have you tried removing/rearranging the client tabs and windows? Other things you can try is making the text size smaller (if you're comfortable with that), or trying it in tablet mode, which will automatically hide some of the elements for you (just resize the window until they disappear).
  • @Kasya You can right-click to turn off/on elements in the client. You can also select narrow gauges, and fkeys in the settings menu, or you can turn them off entirely.
  • KasyaKasya Tennessee
    I'll have to wait until I get home to play around with that. And... maybe going fullscreen on the browser would help too. Valuable real estate space being eaten up. For what it's worth, when I log in at work, it looks fantastic. But this is a desktop with a better resolution monitor.
  • I just wanted to know if you are considering updating the map?

and to ask you to admit JQuery is evil.
    Achimrst said:
    I just wanted to know if you are considering updating the map?

We recently overhauled the mapping functions to be a lot faster, in what ways would you like to see it updated?

JQuery isn't -that- bad, could be worse, could be asm!
  • Tecton said:
    Achimrst said:
    I just wanted to know if you are considering updating the map?

We recently overhauled the mapping functions to be a lot faster, in what ways would you like to see it updated?

JQuery isn't -that- bad, could be worse, could be asm!
    It's terrible, but that's beside the point. 

How about not getting lost on clouds? Especially since people fight up there a lot.
    Clouds are now mapped, will take a little while to show up!
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    If the bog south of Ashtan still isn't mapped, that would be another good one.  I understand the reason it's not, but the fact it isn't still gives mudlet a plus one.  
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Plus battlements still aren't mapped :(
    Huh. Neat.
    Better to file a BUG about unmapped areas, since it's not something that's directly related to the client, and will probably get actioned faster that way! Thanks!
  • AchimrstAchimrst Nature
    edited July 2015
    Tecton said:
    Better to file a BUG about unmapped areas, since it's not something that's directly related to the client, and will probably get actioned faster that way! Thanks!
    So, if I'm walking around and run into an unmapped area I can bug it! I had no idea that was a bug! YAY!

Also, can I use actual HTML5 in the HTML5/Nexus thingy, because I'm about to blow a puppies brains out trying to figure out Jquery.
  • I just looked crap up online myself, and apparently I am just getting terrible information on JQuery, ignore me. ty.
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    Opening the new client on mobile is great, except I don't seem to be able to scroll down. I know when you open it in the browser on a computer there's a button to the top right that you have to click before you can scroll up, but I can't find it on the mobile version. Am I just missing something?
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

ANNOUNCE NEWS #4420                                     (09/04/2015 at 20:03)  
    From   : Tecton the Terraformer
    To     : Everyone
    Subject: New Nexus client updates
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We're pleased to announce a new version of our Nexus client has just been put live! Here's a list of the major changes and additions:

* The settings window has been overhauled!

* A "duplicate" button has been added to the scripting window, allowing you to easily duplicate an alias, trigger, or function.

* The split screen window (when scrolling up) is now resizable.

* Keybindings now allow functions, script, and delays to be called.

* A new "Colors" tab has been added, allowing remapping of output colours.

* The help button now takes you to our Nexus documentation wiki.

* New config options have been added:
      - To echo tab-target changes.
      - To echo all GMCP messages.
      - To echo when triggers fire
      - To change the scrollback buffer size

* A new "vote" button has been added - allowing easy support of Achaea!

As always, please force a refresh in your browser to ensure that you're on the latest and greatest version!
  • Tecton said:
    ANNOUNCE NEWS #4420                                     (09/04/2015 at 20:03)  
    From   : Tecton the Terraformer
    To     : Everyone
    Subject: New Nexus client updates
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We're pleased to announce a new version of our Nexus client has just been put live! Here's a list of the major changes and additions:

* The settings window has been overhauled!

* A "duplicate" button has been added to the scripting window, allowing you to easily duplicate an alias, trigger, or function.

* The split screen window (when scrolling up) is now resizable.

* Keybindings now allow functions, script, and delays to be called.

* A new "Colors" tab has been added, allowing remapping of output colours.

* The help button now takes you to our Nexus documentation wiki.

* New config options have been added:
      - To echo tab-target changes.
      - To echo all GMCP messages.
      - To echo when triggers fire
      - To change the scrollback buffer size

* A new "vote" button has been added - allowing easy support of Achaea!

As always, please force a refresh in your browser to ensure that you're on the latest and greatest version!
    An actually helpful help button! :hurrah: 
  • Is anyone else having issues with the Reflexes tab? If I click on any reflex that contains a Highlight, the edit pane seems to get "stuck" - I can move to other reflexes in the selection pane, but it doesn't update the contents of the edit pane at all. You can see in the attached screenshot that I've tried to move from one reflex trigger to another, but the edit pane still shows the last trigger I was editing. This only happens with triggers containing "highlight" as best I can tell.  It's happening across three browsers (Firefox 40.0.3, Chrome Version 44.0.2403.157 m and the new Microsoft Edge). I've already submitted feedback on it, but was wondering if anyone else has encountered it.