Nexus (HTML5) client updates!

Comments

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Additionally, is this only happening at one place? Say, it only kicks you off at work, but it's fine at home? Or happens everywhere?
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    Done and emailed!
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• RuthRuth Singapore
    edited June 2015
    Well, @Tecton. It works fine at work, but it does not work at home. It doesn't happen anywhere else (I think) but I haven't tested that with my laptop outside of my house.

Addendum: I tried this on chrome and on firefox, in case this was browser-based. I tried looking into whether java was messing with it (it shouldn't, afaik) by uninstalling and reinstalling. I have the latest browser updates for both firefox and chrome. I tried disabling my firewall for a while, but it still doesn't want to connect.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• Does this happen to anyone else?

A random space between lines....it feels weird and makes spam feel spammier.
  • MorkadoMorkado Seattle, WA
    No, but I have an issue with the scrolling. Sometimes, when I scroll up to read a previous message, I am unable to exit the split screen scrolling by scrolling down.
  • PraxidesPraxides Kansas, USA
    Morkado said:
    No, but I have an issue with the scrolling. Sometimes, when I scroll up to read a previous message, I am unable to exit the split screen scrolling by scrolling down.
    Can you click with middle-click with the mouse wheel to reset it to the current line? Alternatively try the page down key over scrollwheel. Works for me when I use HTML and scrolling goes funny.
  • Seems to be working okay on chrome (still ipad), but it did crash the entire browser at first, stayed up once it got going though. Still having the same issues with Safari.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• Tekk said:
    Does this happen to anyone else?

A random space between lines....it feels weird and makes spam feel spammier.
    That's intentional. You can turn it off with a checkbox in the settings.

I actually like it. It's the same spacing you would have had if you didn't have it set to hide the prompt/use a single prompt.
  • edited June 2015
    Is anyone else having this issue with elements being mal-proportioned?

Fetch water,
    Carry the Moon
    -Cogitations and Ponderations of Disciple Vanceroth, Student of the Trine
    I'm not, but we'll take a look! Have you tries resetting your user interface by clicking on the circular arrow in the bottom right?

• edited June 2015
    I get the same thing on older versions of Firefox and Firefox-based browsers (it's fine in the latest version of Firefox), resetting doesn't change it, resolution and window size don't matter. It looks like the input box is just taller than it's meant to be.

Edit: Looks like the issue is with the box-sizing property in Firefox, before version 29 (also in Chrome before version 10) it needed the -moz- prefix (-webkit- for Chrome).
  • Ah, thanks, added the prefix. You may want to upgrade your Firefox if this fixes the problem, though, FF28 is more than a year old.
  • Okay, not just the ipad. After I last posted, Chrome was doing it too, and firefox on a laptop is having the same issue.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• I'm using Icedragon, which is Firefox based. I guess I'll have to switch browsers.
    Fetch water,
    Carry the Moon
  • Works fine with Lunascape.

Fetch water,
    Carry the Moon
  • Vanceroth said:
    I'm using Icedragon, which is Firefox based. I guess I'll have to switch browsers.
    IceDragon is made possible by the Firefox open source project based on Firefox 26.0.0.2 (taken from their download page)

That's probably your problem! Lunascape just seems to have the Gecko rendering engine (and Trident and WebKit), so it's not based on Firefox itself and probably works differently than direct Firefox derivatives.

Bydar, a garish-looking trader says, "I'm not a man, I'm an experience."
  • Just came back into Achaea after a year out and thought I'd try out the console as I have a new laptop and not yet ported things across from the old one and I'm very impressed. This would have helped me no end get into things quicker as a newbie. 

One question. I've noticed the Battlerage buttons updated when I lesserformed, but then got stuck. Are they supposed to auto-update for Dragonform (Each colour as I'm Elder) or is this something you need to script yourself? 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
    We've just released a new minor update to the client, which overhauls the graphical mapping system! This should result in less delay when transitioning between areas! Enjoy!
    Sobriquet said:
    Just came back into Achaea after a year out and thought I'd try out the console as I have a new laptop and not yet ported things across from the old one and I'm very impressed. This would have helped me no end get into things quicker as a newbie. 

One question. I've noticed the Battlerage buttons updated when I lesserformed, but then got stuck. Are they supposed to auto-update for Dragonform (Each colour as I'm Elder) or is this something you need to script yourself? 
    Might have just missed an update - I'll take a look now and get it fixed up!
  • Map marker no longer corresponds to location, as of update, per announcement#4366:

Fetch water,
    Carry the Moon
    edited June 2015
    @Vanceroth - that's working fine for me that room - have you tried forcing a refresh (control+f5) to make sure you've got the latest version?

ETA: Additionally, you can try clicking Options -> Advanced -> Network -> Cached Web Content -> Clear Now 
  • edited June 2015
    Speaking of the map marker, with many maps, it is exactly shaped and positioned so as to make it completely impossible to tell whether or not there's a north exit for the room and that's pretty frustrating. It somewhat obscures the exits to the NE too, and even makes it somehwat harder to see down exits, though neither are completely obscured like north exits.

I get that it's supposed to be bigger and more intuitive than, say, changing the room's border to indicate you're in it, which might be visually confusing to newbies, but could we at least get an option to use a marker that's less intrusive, like a highlighted border around the room you're in?
  • @Tecton
    That did not fix it. I don't know what the problem is. The map is non-functional in any room. I had no problems with the old html5 client; this one has given me constant problems with compatibility and bugs.
    As you can see, the pop ups are malfunctioning as well.
    Fetch water,
    Carry the Moon
    Vanceroth said:
    @Tecton
    That did not fix it. I don't know what the problem is. The map is non-functional in any room. I had no problems with the old html5 client; this one has given me constant problems with compatibility and bugs.
    As you can see, the pop ups are malfunctioning as well.
    We'll take a look!
  • edited June 2015
    Vanceroth said:
    Map marker no longer corresponds to location, as of update, per announcement#4366:

Just want to echo this is happening to me as well, trying forced refresh and cache clear as suggested, no luck @Tecton
  • When reporting problems with the client, please also include the browser that you are using. Thanks!
  • edited June 2015
    Daennar said:
    When reporting problems with the client, please also include the browser that you are using. Thanks!
    sorry @Daennar! Firefox 38.0.5
  • Thanks @Daennar. You rule. 
  • @Brean
    Are you having the issue with blank pop-ups, as well? The map is indeed fixed, though the tabs have been changed and pop-ups are blank white windows.
    Fetch water,
    Carry the Moon