June Promo: Build-Your-Own-Artefact package *swoon*

KuyKuy
edited June 2015 in North of Thera
ANNOUNCE NEWS #4356                                     (06/01/2015 at 00:03)  
From   : Tecton the Terraformer
To     : Everyone
Subject: June across the Iron Realms!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We're opening up artefact packages again over the month of June... but with a twist... We know how 
difficult it is to get a package that suits everyone, so we thought: "Why not just let people build 
their own?" So that's just what we did!

Head over to the website and build your own artefact package and get great discounts! You'll get the 
lowest credit prices, as well as a 30% discount (40% with Iron Elite membership) - that's a massive 
discount, and you don't have to make the trip to Delos to buy the artefacts!

If you're just after credits, you're in luck too, we've got a 15% bonus (25% with Iron Elite) sale 
running all month!

So what are you waiting for? Head over to http://www.achaea.com/credits and pick yours up today.

Penned by My hand on the 21st of Aeguary, in the year 685 AF.

THIS IS NOT A DRILL

Aside from just how quickly my wallet is going to deplete because of this, I have a question.  @Sarapis @Tecton : If we want to upgrade an artefact via this promotion, is that possible?

Also, what about the shooting addon for bows?
[2:41:24 AM] Kenway: I bet you smell like evergreen trees and you could wrestle boreal mammals but they'd rather just cuddle you

Comments

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Shooting and upgrades aren't included in this promo, I'm afraid, they'll still need to be done in-game. Maybe in a future iteration of this promotion, but nothing on the cards at the moment.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere

...maybe. >_>

• Tecton said:
    Shooting and upgrades aren't included in this promo, I'm afraid, they'll still need to be done in-game. Maybe in a future iteration of this promotion, but nothing on the cards at the moment.
    Awwww. That makes this promo just a little bit worse off for me...

...but holy hell thank you guys.
    [2:41:24 AM] Kenway: I bet you smell like evergreen trees and you could wrestle boreal mammals but they'd rather just cuddle you
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    I'm so happy right now, and yet so sad.
    Huh. Neat.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
     :(  Website isn't loading for me.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

Kayeil said:
     :(  Website isn't loading for me.
    Back up now!
  • KasyaKasya Tennessee
    The only thing that would make this promo better would be upgrades. And globes. I need globes to happen.

That being said, this is beautiful. 
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    So I went ahead and did my wish list, just for curiosity..anyone wanna donate $1200 to the "Artie a Austere" fund?
  • All my artefacts are lvl 1/ lvl 2 and was looking to push most of them up to lvl 3 during the sale. No way to do the 40% in game @Tecton? :'( Appreciate the sale anyway, will be helpful to new players to get them hooked on gleam/artefacts (same thing). 
  • @Tecton what about selling bound credits at 30% (40% for iron elite), then we use them on upgrades? *hope* Did I mention that I love you? 
    Upgrades/direct bound credits @ 40% aren't something we will be doing during this promo, I'm afraid!
  • Tecton said:
    Upgrades/direct bound credits @ 40% aren't something we will be doing during this promo, I'm afraid!
    Looks like no Logosian ring for Sarathai.

On the other hand, I now own wings. No more watching in envy as people duanathar their way around Sapience. Or being left behind when everybody goes up to Clouds to skirmish because I wasn't quick enough to follow, or had to tumble out and couldn't get back. B)
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

Don't forget that you get 15/25% bonus on credit purchases too, making everything not in the cart system able to be purchased at a pretty nice discount!
  • I predict many a endurance ring will be purchased.
  • AmunetAmunet Spokane, Washington, USA
    Uuuugh, I wish I had known this was coming when I bought credits two days ago, haha. I guess I will just have to wait until payday.
    My avatar is an image created by this very talented gentleman, of whose work I am extremely jealous. It was not originally a picture of Amunet, but it certainly looks a great deal like how I envision her!
  • Do the math before you buy credits to upgrade too. It might be better value to trade in a level one item and buy a new one than buy credits to upgrade!

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• Do the bonus lessons from the first 1000 credits apply from getting the artefact package?
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Gwyneria said:
    Do the bonus lessons from the first 1000 credits apply from getting the artefact package?
    Ooh, interesting question. Doubtful though. Very unlikely.
    Huh. Neat.
  • The bonus lessons are for converting unbound credits to bound credits. So if you buy an artefact directly, there are no credits to bind.
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    There's also a discount for those buying these arties from the website with an elite subscription. I bought a 100cr worth artifact, and it cost me only $23.99.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• AktillumAktillum Philippines
    Katzchen said:
    @Szeth Achaea isn't a game on the scale of any of those you've listed. Their paying players are at any point listed in the hundreds, maybe thousands. I doubt they'd be able to make the game as awesome as it has been lately if credits and such cost less. You really cannot compare it to MMOs with hundreds of thousands of players, if not millions.

I think most of us who've bought large numbers of credits see it as an investment and supporting a game we enjoy far more than any mmo. Arties are by no means compulsory or necessary. They're just convenient, and purchasing supports the game. 
    This is true.

Anyone who says credits / artefacts should be cheaper overall is basically saying IRE's paid staff should work for less money. You may not be intentionally saying that or even thinking about that when you wish for cheaper cr, but do realize that Achaea has full-time staff, being paid a competitive salary for the industry.

Everyones like to joke that Sarapis is jet-setting around the world on IRE money but do remember Sarapis has an investment portfolio that contains more than just IRE, including bitcoin and stock in online companies, dudes got his fingers in many pies and I wouldn't be surprised if he paid IRE staff more than he pays himself from IRE profit.

I mean lets say hypothetically Tecton was paid (and I don't know his actual salary) an average of $30,000 a year, or $2500/mo. Achaea would need to sell 100 elite memberships a month, or about 15,000cr a month through the website, to pay Tecton that kind of salary.

Obviously Achaea is capable of selling that much and more, since Tecton isn't the only paid guy in Achaea, but once you put it into perspective, the prices are pretty justified.

•  Well I agree the prices are to high. I was about to write  but figured what is the point. There will always be someone to bash and agree that the prices are fine. Simply put there are those that will pay it and therefore IRE will keep it as is and then those that cant afford it
  • edited June 2015
    Personally, I'd spend more money on Achaea if the returns were significantly higher. I've only invested cash into lessons, where the return is higher. I'd love to get artifacts, but not at this price. I can't justify spending $500 for 1 out of 9+ things that I want, let alone $3600 or $15000 for all of them. I could justify spending $100 for all 9, though. So rather than $0 from me, it'll be $100. I'd probably change class a lot more often if it wasn't so costly, too, so maybe another $50 now and then. 

I'm sure there's a few people that spend $5000+, but I think there's at least 200-300 people out there that would spend $100 if they got more than a ring of endurance out of it. If prices were lowered by 90%, I don't think credits would be as intimidating to new players, too, and fresh blood is probably the biggest concern of the game. I think credits would be sold on the market more, and the prices would go down by a lot. So it would be much easier to earn credits in-game, and people who can't buy any would probably be more willing to invest hundreds of hours bashing to get what they want. Which would be higher players.

I'm not an economist so I could be wrong but in the end, I imagine Achaea would make more money if credit prices were lowered by 90% because I think...

1. More people would buy credits, working out so it would be at least even, if not more money.
    2. In-game credit costs would go down, so people would be more willing to bash for things. Player retention up.
    3. More true newbies would be willing to stay and play, rather than be scared off by credit prices.

i'm a rebel

• Aktillum said:

Anyone who says credits / artefacts should be cheaper overall is basically saying IRE's paid staff should work for less money. You may not be intentionally saying that or even thinking about that when you wish for cheaper cr, but do realize that Achaea has full-time staff, being paid a competitive salary for the industry.

I see what you're getting at, but that's not what I'm saying. I'm not arguing from a place of morality or anything - I'm not saying there is inherent value to artefacts and they're being priced beyond that so that IRE's staff can fly to the corner shop in Learjets. Of course there isn't and of course they aren't - artefacts are digital goods for one, and for another "inherent value" is a dodgy proposition within the system of capitalism which most of Achaea's players live in. What I'm saying is that the relative value of Achaea's digital goods has been thrown into stark relief by the rising popularity of other digital goods of a similar type.

My argument is actually along the lines of what @Tesha and @Jinsun have said. Namely, that the up front prices for anything except lessons (and even lessons are dodgy beyond what you get out of Iron Elite and the no brainer packages) are too high to justify me paying for them when other content exists in the world that I can receive as much value from for much less money. It's not that I'm refusing to pay, it's that my disposable income meets a fork in the road; on the one hand, Achaea offers me artefacts for hundreds of dollars, on the other, Hearthstone offers me packs for single figures. I'm not saying everything in Achaea needs to be $20 or less (although more things at that price point couldn't hurt), but the profound upfront cost of artefacts means that like Tesha, I simply won't ever buy any. Whereas if there were a bunch of artefacts for <$100, I bet I would have bought several by now.

Basically I'm advocating attempting the same method of revenue generation as Steam sales tap into. If you look up results from the seasonal Steam sales, when games have their prices cut by 50%, they don't make 50% of the revenue. They don't even make the same revenue due to twice as many people buying it. They tend to make upwards of four times the revenue, which means eight times as many people are buying!

I'm actually hoping that this month's sale will be a success, even though I can't contribute to that myself, because it will begin to prove out this theory. Hopefully this will lead IRE to experiment with deeper discounts and perhaps cutting general prices, or creating new artefacts/lesson packages/whatever to buy at lower price points, and prove it further. The no brainer packages are already a huge success, from what I've heard, so hopefully everything will continue in this direction and people like me will actually be able to justify spending more money on Achaea. At that point, everyone wins.
  • Amunet said:
    Uuuugh, I wish I had known this was coming when I bought credits two days ago, haha. I guess I will just have to wait until payday.
    @Amunet : You could try asking the admins if they'd be willing to do something about your situation. I would wait until a new month if a current promo isn't that good though.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]