Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

anticipating multiclass combat

124»

Comments

  • AntoniusAntonius Member Posts: 4,991 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited July 2015

    Tecton said that the learning will be like tradeskills, so you'll have increasing costs to Trans skills the more classes you pick up. No idea if there's a hard cap, but if each class after your second increases by 50% like tradeskills do, getting even four or five classes to Transcendent in the three class skills would be incredibly expensive; you'd be looking at ~1740 credits for your fourth class.

    From IRE's point of view, there's no real reason or incentive to limit the number of classes you can potentially learn. You'll only ever be able to use one at a time, and it just means more potential credit sales for both learning new classes and buying artefacts for them.

    TharvisXith
  • NizanaNizana Member Posts: 68 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Plus, you probably won't be able to have like Apostate and Priest, due to them being directly opposing, or something similar to that.

  • TaelTael Member Posts: 1,197 @ - Epic Achaean
    I think we can confidently assume it will be greater than or equal to two.
    Praxides
  • AchillesAchilles Los AngelesMember Posts: 2,579 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Shirszae said:
    I know. My point is that I think most people just want to be able to phase and snipe, instead of participating heavily into serpent combat.
    This is a real issue to look at.  The risk/reward of shooting is out of whack right now especially for serpents.  
    image
  • AchillesAchilles Los AngelesMember Posts: 2,579 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Antonius said:

    Tecton said that the learning will be like tradeskills, so you'll have increasing costs to Trans skills the more classes you pick up. No idea if there's a hard cap, but if each class after your second increases by 50% like tradeskills do, getting even four or five classes to Transcendent in the three class skills would be incredibly expensive; you'd be looking at ~1740 credits for your fourth class.

    From IRE's point of view, there's no real reason or incentive to limit the number of classes you can potentially learn. You'll only ever be able to use one at a time, and it just means more potential credit sales for both learning new classes and buying artefacts for them.

    All I really want is to be able to switch from Runewarden to Paladin (and not have to buy a bunch of class specific arties again).  I'll probably want a way to remove runeblade empowerments or I won't have a sword I can wield then.
    image
    Praxides
  • AustereAustere TennesseeMember Posts: 2,340 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Achilles said:
    Antonius said:

    Tecton said that the learning will be like tradeskills, so you'll have increasing costs to Trans skills the more classes you pick up. No idea if there's a hard cap, but if each class after your second increases by 50% like tradeskills do, getting even four or five classes to Transcendent in the three class skills would be incredibly expensive; you'd be looking at ~1740 credits for your fourth class.

    From IRE's point of view, there's no real reason or incentive to limit the number of classes you can potentially learn. You'll only ever be able to use one at a time, and it just means more potential credit sales for both learning new classes and buying artefacts for them.

    All I really want is to be able to switch from Runewarden to Paladin (and not have to buy a bunch of class specific arties again).  I'll probably want a way to remove runeblade empowerments or I won't have a sword I can wield then.
    Please don't go paladin. Targossas is overrun with devotion.
  • AchillesAchilles Los AngelesMember Posts: 2,579 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Austere said:
    Achilles said:
    Antonius said:

    Tecton said that the learning will be like tradeskills, so you'll have increasing costs to Trans skills the more classes you pick up. No idea if there's a hard cap, but if each class after your second increases by 50% like tradeskills do, getting even four or five classes to Transcendent in the three class skills would be incredibly expensive; you'd be looking at ~1740 credits for your fourth class.

    From IRE's point of view, there's no real reason or incentive to limit the number of classes you can potentially learn. You'll only ever be able to use one at a time, and it just means more potential credit sales for both learning new classes and buying artefacts for them.

    All I really want is to be able to switch from Runewarden to Paladin (and not have to buy a bunch of class specific arties again).  I'll probably want a way to remove runeblade empowerments or I won't have a sword I can wield then.
    Please don't go paladin. Targossas is overrun with devotion.
    I'd only go Paladin because then 90% of my arties would still be useable.  All I need for Paladin would be a tuning fork (not even that necessary).  

    Would pretty much be an unartied magi (aldar would just get be slightly past quick witted) for example.
    image
  • XerXer LangleyMember Posts: 804
    edited August 2015
    You guys are all wrong. This is the real future of multiclass.

    |   Necromancy                  100%  #########################  Transcendent |
    |   Chivalry                      0%  -------------------------         Inept |
    |   Runelore                      0%  -------------------------         Inept |
    |   Evileye                     100%  #########################  Transcendent |
    |   Apostasy                    100%  #########################  Transcendent |

    Issue me So.... I'm an Apostate with Chivalry and Runelore. No big deal. I can rune myself for 12 hours, wield runeblades, sketch in room and beckon people into it, block without a mount, use weathering with all the Apostate benefits, use Isaz/Engage with gravehands... I think something's wrong here.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
    PraxidesMelodieAntidas
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, FloridaMember Posts: 5,147 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I don't see a problem here. In fact, I want to sign up for whatever you're taking.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • DaeirDaeir AustraliaMember Posts: 6,292 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited August 2015
    A part of me holds a faint shred of hope that habitual classchangers will receive some sort of pity manna from the administrators upon high. If that's the case, Seftin/Jhui/Dunn will probably have enough lessons to immediately tritrans every class under the sun, and I'd have enough for about 3/4 of them.
    PraxidesJonathin
  • TaelTael Member Posts: 1,197 @ - Epic Achaean
    edited August 2015
    Daeir said:
    A part of me holds a faint shred of hope that habitual classchangers will receive some sort of pity manna from the administrators upon high. If that's the case, Seftin/Jhui/Dunn will probably have enough lessons to immediately tritrans every class under the sun, and I'd have enough for about 3/4 of them.
    I'm not holding my breath.

    I just wish I had known it was coming soon. I changed like two weeks ago assuming it wasn't going to be for at least six months or so :(

    I feel like that was some seriously wasted money and I'm pretty disappointed.
    Praxides
  • AmranuAmranu Member Posts: 725 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    I don't think we know when it's happening yet, Ashtan renaissance probably won't be for another couple months at least.
  • DegasDegas Member Posts: 25
    When we can multiclass, do we keep our lessons without penalty or do we have to start from scratch to learn the new class's skills?
  • AntoniusAntonius Member Posts: 4,991 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    @Degas You'll keep lessons spent on your current class. Any extra classes you'll have to spend (ever increasing amounts of) lessons to learn to Trans in, even if there's 9overlap between classes.
    Degas
  • XithXith Member Posts: 2,602 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Daeir said:
    A part of me holds a faint shred of hope that habitual classchangers will receive some sort of pity manna from the administrators upon high. If that's the case, Seftin/Jhui/Dunn will probably have enough lessons to immediately tritrans every class under the sun, and I'd have enough for about 3/4 of them.
    I wonder if adventurers have a '# of classchanges' stat. If not, then I doubt it.
    If so, then at best you're going to get pity lessons for every class change prior to the announcement of multiclass like ~2 years ago? Since any class change since then is on you. I waited to go Magi for a while and have kept the lessons saved up for Jester/Serpent/etc. (Or at least I did until learning all those tradeskills...)

    "Additional tradeskills
    ----------------------
    To encourage a thriving economy and community, additional tradeskills carry an
    extra cost to learn. If you'd like to become more self-sufficient, you may
    purchase more tradeskill permits for fifty credits each, allowing you to learn
    an extra trade skill. Each of these skills also carries a compounding lesson
    cost to learn. So your third tradeskill (first additional skill) will cost
    fifty percent more lessons to reach transcendent. Your fourth (second
    additional) will cost fifty percent more again."

    Assuming two free class slots and an increase for each thereafter...
    Class 1: 5208 lessons (868 credits)
    Class 2: 5208 lessons (868 credits)
    Class 3: 7812 lessons (1302 credits)
    Class 4: 10416 lessons (1736 credits)
    Class 5: 13020 lessons (2170 credits)
    Class 6: 15624 lessons (2604 credits)...
    So by your 5th class you're basically adding the equivalent of an artefact. I imagine quitting an embraced class will refund 50% of the lessons learned for whichever slot you're using?

    I'll be Magi, Jester, Serpent.
    Possibly Alch, Shaman, or Runie for the 4th.
    The only reason I've never been Bard is because I prefer classes with more utility, but honestly Bard would probably fit right in, since I'll be dex-spec'd half the time.

    Do you think each class slot will get its own racial spec and traits too? Too big a spoiler, @Garden? Or can you tell us?
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna beMember Posts: 3,370 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Xith said:
    Daeir said:
    A part of me holds a faint shred of hope that habitual classchangers will receive some sort of pity manna from the administrators upon high. If that's the case, Seftin/Jhui/Dunn will probably have enough lessons to immediately tritrans every class under the sun, and I'd have enough for about 3/4 of them.
    I wonder if adventurers have a '# of classchanges' stat. If not, then I doubt it.
    If so, then at best you're going to get pity lessons for every class change prior to the announcement of multiclass like ~2 years ago? Since any class change since then is on you. I waited to go Magi for a while and have kept the lessons saved up for Jester/Serpent/etc. (Or at least I did until learning all those tradeskills...)

    "Additional tradeskills
    ----------------------
    To encourage a thriving economy and community, additional tradeskills carry an
    extra cost to learn. If you'd like to become more self-sufficient, you may
    purchase more tradeskill permits for fifty credits each, allowing you to learn
    an extra trade skill. Each of these skills also carries a compounding lesson
    cost to learn. So your third tradeskill (first additional skill) will cost
    fifty percent more lessons to reach transcendent. Your fourth (second
    additional) will cost fifty percent more again."

    Assuming two free class slots and an increase for each thereafter...
    Class 1: 5208 lessons (868 credits)
    Class 2: 5208 lessons (868 credits)
    Class 3: 7812 lessons (1302 credits)
    Class 4: 10416 lessons (1736 credits)
    Class 5: 13020 lessons (2170 credits)
    Class 6: 15624 lessons (2604 credits)...
    So by your 5th class you're basically adding the equivalent of an artefact. I imagine quitting an embraced class will refund 50% of the lessons learned for whichever slot you're using?

    I'll be Magi, Jester, Serpent.
    Possibly Alch, Shaman, or Runie for the 4th.
    The only reason I've never been Bard is because I prefer classes with more utility, but honestly Bard would probably fit right in, since I'll be dex-spec'd half the time.

    Do you think each class slot will get its own racial spec and traits too? Too big a spoiler, @Garden? Or can you tell us?
    I think it's very likely that with the release of multiclass, the monthly promo will either be lessons or related to multiclass itself.

    Also, why would bard fit in with dex specced classes?
    Huh. Neat.
  • DochithaDochitha Member Posts: 1,415 @ - Epic Achaean
    Amranu said:
    I don't think we know when it's happening yet, Ashtan renaissance probably won't be for another couple months at least.
    Hmm...So let's do it this way.

    Citizens of cities that are ready get Mutli-class -now-.

    Everyone, buy your class permit slot, more credits and start rolling!
Sign In to Comment.