Ak Opponent Tracking

Comments

• AustereAustere Tennessee
    Amranu said:
    Pretty sure this completely beats out Godzilla now, or whatever Ernam's tracker was called.
    I dunno about this.  My logic is mostly solid, but I do still get random bugs.  Godzilla also provides a ton more triggers.  The main difference being every bit of my code is viewable on your end, so it is much easier to personalize.  Everything is broken down into simpler logic.  Godzilla is definitely coded better, but mine is more non-coding user friendly(since I have no coding background). The credit totals don't lie.  Godzilla has made tens of thousands of credits more than AK(according to figures I was sent by E.) Honestly,  I would still recommend mine over Godzilla even if I were charging, though.  If something happens to me and I stop updating, anyone could continue.  Godzilla requires a single person to do it all. 
  • edited April 2015
    True but Godzilla is also a lot more mature, and I haven't noticed any major bugs at least in 3.7. Any little things just need to be ironed out at this point.
    Amranu said:
    True but Godzilla is also a lot more mature, and I haven't noticed any major bugs at least in 3.7. Any little things just need to be ironed out at this point.
    3.7 is bugged.  All my versions are bugged.  Updating seriously does give you large benefits on just about every update.  I try not to scream about every single bug I find, and I don't bother writing a change log until I post, so somethings simply aren't advertised well.  Trust me, though, if I am going to bother taking the time to yank the system from mine, export it into a blank mudlet, test it, reorder it,  reyank it so it doesn't have a thousand folder names in it,  delete everything, fresh install, double check that nothing is missing,  dropbox it, and then make up a change log: I found a scenario something wasn't working. 

Also: 3.9 is back up. 
  • edited April 2015
    How did Godzilla make tens of thousands of credits? 
    Merador said:
    How did Godzilla make tens of thousands of credits? 
    My apologies.  I guessed without looking at the message. My math for the dollar amount that was given to me, "$3500", was wrong (I don't reference large credit prices often).  That was for Manda single class and godzilla.  I assume since he and I are neither friendly with one another, and this is the internet, I am allowed to pass on information that was shared with me (braggingly of course).  I haven't broken 500 credits yet, I don't think, so my point stands.  I can go through all my messages later and tell you if you really want to know, though...

Ps: first Kemnast and now Ak. Same team @Merador , same team.  Go question some tree huggers thread. 
  • I wasn't calling you out, I was genuinely baffled. Haha.
  • He said he made 3500 dollars off Godzilla and Manda? Hahah
    Ak 4.0

Dual Wield Cutting:
    --Added in additional "no-limb-target-specified" trigger lines (and finally got sent a log of dual-cutting functioning 100%)

General:
    --Prompt display will now round off decimal places.  Considering dropping it down to a 1-10 display to further reduce the mass of information displayed, but unsure. 
    --Added in gmcp defaults, should prevent the system classenable() function from erroring.
    --Added system trigger disables for the classenabled() function.  This should disable every class except for what you currently are(and weaponry).  Should see noticeable processing speed differences. 

Please move all of your own edits(this includes the Osettings! and Odisplay scripts) from all AK files.  Uninstall via package manager.  Check to ensure all triggers, scripts, aliases, and keys are gone.  Install latest version.  Delete new "Osettings!"/"Odisplay" script, if you have yours saved. 

Please message me all errors(if you don't include a log, it will be ignored).  Massive thanks to everyone submitting bugs and logs including bugs. 

**If you have submitted a bug and encounter it again, log it and send please**
    Ak 4.1

Finally, I took 15 minutes and fixed the instruction text.  Formatting is still crummy, meh, but it actually breaks stuff down for you properly (again?).  Hopefully it will make things easier for more people to expand on this.
    --Added mycharacterstwo variable, so that AKG can function without forcing you to use my default grey and red echos for everything(or throwing up errors).
    --Added mycharactertwo checks into classenable() to prevent trying to edit trigger folders that do not exist for you.
    --Added scoreup() parse in classenable() (so Gui and attacks update)
    --Added a highlight disable to default targetting alias(in case it errors out on you).  It is located within the alias
    --Started coding automated expert diagnosis.
    --Corrected Dragonform trigger that was causing those of you not elder to not reset your stack on lesser.
    --Added Lyre checks to entire oattacks folder, including your custom offenses
    --Corrected error in oattack folder that was causing your custom offenses to never load up(seriously guys?  This long and no one has wrote a custom offense loaded in my osettings?)
    --Added stack disable and renable on prop/unprop(runies)
    --Who knows what else.  I can't remember.  I think I am just going to start releasing stuff.  Does anyone read these notes anyway?
    --Correct a spelling error that I have had since I first wrote my initial tracker.  I have just been copy pasting the same original echo this entire time and it took @Jadys pointing it out before I noticed it: Keys will now echo "Changing Stack to" properly :awesome:   

Please move all of your own edits(this includes the Osettings! and Odisplay scripts) from all AK files.  Uninstall via package manager.  Check to ensure all triggers, scripts, aliases, and keys are gone.  Install latest version.  Delete new "Osettings!"/"Odisplay" script, if you have yours saved. 

Please message me all errors(if you don't include a log, it will be ignored).  Massive thanks to everyone submitting bugs and logs including bugs. 

**If you have submitted a bug and encounter it again, log it and send please**

• I read these
  • I read these and I don't even use it. Hmm.
  • I have also read these, don't use it, and have decided that I may have to start using it. Hmm.

Not sure if anyone is still using AKG, since Zulah gave his pretty gui to everyone, but if you are, get with me and I can export you the fix for gmcp relays to the chat box.  I will see about updating the dropbox sometime this week, assuming that I don't forget. 
  • Looks like just the GUI is in your Dropbox D:
    Alaer said:
    Looks like just the GUI is in your Dropbox D:
    I removed it to update to 4.2 and got sidetracked about a week ago. I will see about throwing up the newest version tonight.  I will probably just skip 4.2 and 4.3, since I have had testers test both and made changes on feedback.
  • I can't seem to get the wundersys prompt tag to work. I was wondering if I was entering something in wrong. Can someone spot what I am doing wrong?

wsys.prompttags["affs"] = function() return wsys.affTags() end
    wsys.prompttags["oaff"] = function() return prompt() end
    [WunderSys]: prompt set to 
    @warning#red@paused@softpaused#DodgerBlue@retardation#yellow@phase#hcolour@healthh #mcolour@manam 
    #ecolour@percentendurance%e #wcolour@percentwillpower%w 
    @kai@shin#white@bal@bal#MidnightBlue|#white@eq@eq @invdef#DarkOrchid@mw@affs@diffhealth@diffmana@oaff

Acknu said:
    I can't seem to get the wundersys prompt tag to work. I was wondering if I was entering something in wrong. Can someone spot what I am doing wrong?

wsys.prompttags["affs"] = function() return wsys.affTags() end
    wsys.prompttags["oaff"] = function() return prompt() end
    [WunderSys]: prompt set to 
    @warning#red@paused@softpaused#DodgerBlue@retardation#yellow@phase#hcolour@healthh #mcolour@manam 
    #ecolour@percentendurance%e #wcolour@percentwillpower%w 
    @kai@shin#white@bal@bal#MidnightBlue|#white@eq@eq @invdef#DarkOrchid@mw@affs@diffhealth@diffmana@oaff

That looks like the old instructions.  Try just adding @owysprompt to your prompt. WunderSys needs to load first, either way.
  • Thanks for the help, I got it working but I had to switch from mudlet 3.0 to mudlet 2.1 to get it to relay to the GUI. However when I did that it completely screws up all of my keybindings that work when I am using 3.0. Does anyone know of any issues with gui relay when using 3.0?
    Acknu said:
    Thanks for the help, I got it working but I had to switch from mudlet 3.0 to mudlet 2.1 to get it to relay to the GUI. However when I did that it completely screws up all of my keybindings that work when I am using 3.0. Does anyone know of any issues with gui relay when using 3.0?
    I run a modified version of the gui on 3.0 just fine.  The mapper is broken in geyser for 3.0 (can't zoom or click with mouse or something) but that is the only issue I have ever had.  I only use the mapper for reference anyway, so not being able to click it doesn't hurt me. 
  • Got it to work. It required me to delete a lot of files. You are awesome and devilishly handsome.
    So turns out that renaming a folder in dropbox changes the link.  Whoops:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m6dnd61o8ncc5oe/AAAmY0FPLzuIDaYKDH0WVHsEa?dl=0
  • Could you maybe add events for when affscores get updated, so it'd be easy to plug the info into a GUI without having to recode things when AK gets updated?
  • Okay kids, time to download and give this a shot.

@Austere let's see your worst.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Atalkez said:
    Okay kids, time to download and give this a shot.

@Austere let's see your worst.
    Yea, it is worth it though I'm still trying to completely set mine up. I need it finish mine up and get it working smoothly so I can starting raiding with you guys.  :)
    Jacen said:
    Could you maybe add events for when affscores get updated, so it'd be easy to plug the info into a GUI without having to recode things when AK gets updated?

I do not intend to.  Group combat is already easy enough to coordinate and I do not wish to simplify echoing affliction information to party, which I am afraid this would do. Definitely no further plans to make it any easier to separate affs as they are set. 

If this question is really about a GUI and not about party relays, feel free to hit me up and I can show you how to piggyback off my GUI with single line code changes on updates, next time I am around. No further plans to continue updating at this point in time, so it shouldn't be a big deal right now anyway. I change my mind hourly on it, so who knows. 

*Disclaimer: Yes I know you can set it to echo affs if you understand mudlet code decently well. I still don't want this to be overly common and have tried to purposely make it convaluted enough that it becomes frustrating. I would snap if every single person in my faction told me that I gave them paralysis because they saw the third person message after I had already cleared it.  Freaking lag. 
  • No, that doesn't really have anything to do with party relays. It just makes it simpler for people with different code based on things being cured to not have to re-add that code after every update. So instead of adding their code into your scripts, you add an event to your script and their code fires after that event is sent.

I already add events so I don't have to re-add some chunks of code that tracks for instance bleeding that resets based off of them curing haemophilia.
    Amranu said:
    No, that doesn't really have anything to do with party relays. It just makes it simpler for people with different code based on things being cured to not have to re-add that code after every update. So instead of adding their code into your scripts, you add an event to your script and their code fires after that event is sent.

I already add events so I don't have to re-add some chunks of code that tracks for instance bleeding that resets based off of them curing haemophilia.
    Thank you for explaining events to me. My hesitation was definitely born from a lack of ignorance...

It's been discussed before, and I am perfectly willing to assist anyone in anyway that I can, but events are currently off the table for my script. AK already has one custom variable you requested, Amranu, so if you want me to add a bleed variable that resets on haemophilia cures, just ask. The nice thing about adding in custom things such as simple variables is that if you find it beneficial, others might as well.  

• Anyone capable of using events to do things with your script you don't like are perfectly capable of adding those events to your script, and then distributing that to anyone they need to share affliction tracking with. I don't see what you're trying to prevent here. Yes, you could add my variable but the point is you shouldn't add a bunch of variables that no one else necessarily uses and maintain all that if people clearly want to add their own custom stuff without having to worry about adding that code back when they update to the next version.

You're not doing anything to prevent what you're worried about, and there's nothing stopping anyone from offering a version of your script with events.
    Amranu said:
    Anyone capable of using events to do things with your script you don't like are perfectly capable of adding those events to your script, and then distributing that to anyone they need to share affliction tracking with. I don't see what you're trying to prevent here. Yes, you could add my variable but the point is you shouldn't add a bunch of variables that no one else necessarily uses and maintain all that if people clearly want to add their own custom stuff without having to worry about adding that code back when they update to the next version.

You're not doing anything to prevent what you're worried about, and there's nothing stopping anyone from offering a version of your script with events.
    A bleeding variable to me is about as useful as an impale variable to you. There are probably hundreds of variables you don't use that are not causing any type of downtime in the curing processing logic. Variables others can use that I have simply not thought of are always welcome suggestions.  Will their name change?  Possible, but I do add them. Within the past two weeks I have added a temp slickness variable on confirmed restoration applies and began looking into temp impatience for SnB. Both requested by others. 

If you're worried about adding code back on update, just don't update.  Your willingness to complain about something that has taken me years to code, that you have never paid a single credit, for is laughable. 

If you want to write your own tracking system, by all means.  I have always requested people not distribute any of my scripts without my knowledge and permission,  and my request stands.  I have no way to prevent you from it, nor do I intend to police such behavior. If you think I am all out of good ideas and you can match my level of support  and coding knowledge, then by all means release. Otherwise, I fear if I find out others are distributing (again) without my permission, I am done with public scripting and my reservations about group affs.  I will turn Targossas into the capital of full automation, which I have not done as of yet. Surprisingly enough my ability to encrypt code into faction specific scripts has come pretty damn far since I started this project. 
    My goal has never been to harm combat but to make it easier for people to introduce themselves to it. My generosity when it comes to AK is almost unmatched. I do not think I should ever be required to defend my logic when it comes to my free script. Entire factions use aff tracking designed by a single person for the soul purpose of making their faction the strongest.  I have never attempted to use my ability to code selfishly and instead chose to share what I can do with everyone.  Some of my best friends in game get the same tracking everyone else does, regardless of how much they beg and grovel. You have my request, balls in your court.

I do request that you take a step back and assess your combat ability now vs what it was before you downloaded and installed AK for the first time. Do you really want your soul contribution to this project to be going against my only request? This goes for everyone using AK. Not just Amranu.