Ak Opponent Tracking

Comments

• Unweaves are already tracked.  You can add them to an older version, which I assume you're on, but the logic won't be there for the line which follows the eat. Ie: x suddenly seems much more vital. You could potentially move the newer eat and smoke triggers to an older version, but im not sure how well that would work out. 

If you search "affstrack =" you should see where the table is set.  You'll likely want to add the abbreviations to the prompt trigger as well, but as this has been rewritten numerous times, I haven't the faintest suggestion on where to start without a version number. 
  • Thank you so much for this @Austere! I've finally gotten into the PK side of combat and this is perfect. Serpenty fun all around.
  • I think I messed something up. 

First off, I love this tracker, and I use it just for a visual representation of what's been cured. But when I switched from Bard to Depthswalker, the display stopped coming up on target. 

What did I break and how do I fix it?
  • Does this work for Occultist?
  • Devran said:
    Does this work for Occultist?
    Yes

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • -panic-

https://ada-young.com/pastebin/ku9vBiZn

Suddenly I'm not tracking Impatience properly and I can't figure out why. I've read through the debug window like five times now. It's adding impatience with itchpowder tics, but it's not acting like impatience is actually there.

-more panic-
  • Eryl said:
    -panic-

Suddenly I'm not tracking Impatience properly and I can't figure out why. I've read through the debug window like five times now. It's adding impatience with itchpowder tics, but it's not acting like impatience is actually there.

-more panic-
    Don't use the debug window.  If you open up triggers/ scripts/ aliases/ whatever,  there's a button on the left that says Errors. If you wanna send me a copy of that, I'll see what I can do. 
  • edited December 2019
    Austere said:
    Eryl said:
    -panic-

-more panic-
    Don't use the debug window.  If you open up triggers/ scripts/ aliases/ whatever,  there's a button on the left that says Errors. If you wanna send me a copy of that, I'll see what I can do. 
    That's the weirdest thing, though. There are no errors.

I'm gonna try to reinstall real quick.

Edit: After reinstalling, I get an error.  https://pastebin.com/8VnUnSLJ
  • edited December 2019
    Eryl said:
    Austere said:
    Eryl said:
    -panic-

-more panic-
    That's the weirdest thing, though. There are no errors.

I'm gonna try to reinstall real quick.

Edit: After reinstalling, I get an error.  https://pastebin.com/8VnUnSLJ
    Oh, I'm getting that error on like all the prompt triggers now

Edit: This error was fixed by changing svo.showPrompt() to svo.showprompt(), but impatience still isn't being tracked.
  • https://ada-young.com/pastebin/MvKxTt09

I enabled prompt aff tracking for a minute to look. The first prompt after Farrah gets impatience, it's there. However, after that, it's just gone for some reason.
  • edited December 2019
    https://pastebin.com/rP6cJvQi

Disabling the Applied trigger under Cures(i) makes tracking impatience from itchpowder work, but obviously that's not a good solution heh.
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    edited December 2019
    Edit: Missed your fix.

Impatience: No new errors there?

• Austere said:
    Edit: Missed your fix.

Impatience: No new errors there?

Nope! Kriex was able to help me out. It was a jester specific issue with itchpower. There was a bit of logic buried in the apply script that was removing the impatience on the apply immediately after the itchpowerder tick. We commented it out, and everything is working fine!
  • I downloaded the file and have went through the comments to try and make sure I am using it properly, but I can't seem to get this running after it has successfully been installed ... is it a mac thing [I assume it's more me than it being my mac :( ]
    I highly doubt it's a mac thing. Id need more information to properly debug though.  Is errors log throwing any issues? 
  • No errors, get this message when download it - [AK]: Loaded Module: AK Opponent Tracking!!, when I restart, still no errors, however, no matter how often I target something, the GUI doesn't load
    When you target someone, are you getting confirmation that reset was successful? Are you using the included targeting alias or one of your own design? Is it actually not tracking at all or is the gui just not working? What class? 
  • Nope, no confirmation and using the included alias. Sorry, it's neither tracking and no gui showing at all. Tried it on bard and made a serpent to try it with. Sorry Austere, I know this is totally me that is probably not making this work, not trying to be dumb, just not sure what step I'm missing 
  • I'm editing the moveWindow() and retargeting something, but the window isn't moving. Am I missing something?
  • edited April 2020
    Ok, I have it installed and the window where I want it. I have most things edited as needed, but there's a couple things I'm not sure about. Can someone give me a hand? Please?

• I know everyone keeps AK use a shameful secret, but would anyone want to update the base version to include elemental lords, psion, depthswalker, etc? Just the tracking of the new and special affs.

Or give a step by step tutorial on each place you need to change/add/adjust to add a new ability and affliction?

And on top of that, how about changing it so every class is tracked without needing to specially code it? It is a pain to set up Apostate tracking for example without tables and substitutions. 

I know you aren't that motivated by credits @Austere, if you don't want to do this, would you have a problem with someone else doing any of that and being given credits for it?

Moagedan said:
    Ok, I have it installed and the window where I want it. I have most things edited as needed, but there's a couple things I'm not sure about. Can someone give me a hand? Please?

I don't do GUI work, because it infuriates me, but if you have problems after reading the short installation instructions, you can post them here and if anything sticks out, I'll help.  Note, if you're a DW on Svo, there was a hiccup in 7.5 and 7.6. Installing 7.7 should fix that.  
    Cooper said:
    I know everyone keeps AK use a shameful secret, but would anyone want to update the base version to include elemental lords, psion, depthswalker, etc? Just the tracking of the new and special affs.

Or give a step by step tutorial on each place you need to change/add/adjust to add a new ability and affliction?

And on top of that, how about changing it so every class is tracked without needing to specially code it? It is a pain to set up Apostate tracking for example without tables and substitutions. 

I know you aren't that motivated by credits @Austere, if you don't want to do this, would you have a problem with someone else doing any of that and being given credits for it?
    @Cooper, I have a decent base for psion and firelord, but I'm not comfortable enough with either to push it out without someone(not the author) vetting it that actually has access to these classes. If you have these, know how to debug beyond saying "It doesn't work", and are bored, pm me. 

Waterlord, Airlord(unvetted), Abostate, and Depthswalker are all included and functional, as far as I'm aware.  Earthlord... I'll have to get back to you on. Any other issues, just ping me with what it's doing wrong.  Again though, I can't test, so you have to be specific. 

If you guys compile stuff, I'll gladly add it to the public version though.  It's a little expensive for me to test everything though, so despite wanting some of the unloved classes, it's a little beyond my financial situation.  
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    @Austere send me the psion stuff and I'll work it
  • I don't have psion or firelord, and I guess I'm behind the times on the rest! My bad on that. I'll download the latest version. 

I'm more of a funder than a do-er, my scripting ability is limited. I'm happy to throw credits at people who can script and help, but it sounds like I just missed updates. Thank you! 

• Where's the link for the latest version? I have 7.5. I just need help with editing !Osettings.
    Moagedan said:
    Where's the link for the latest version? I have 7.5. I just need help with editing !Osettings.
    Latest version is the same link you got 7.5 from.  Editing Osettings! just requires you to remove one of the top lines in that script. It has comments that tells you which. If you don't, it won't update until you refresh mudlet.  It's done that way so you can move your edited settings file out, update, and not have any conflicts in the event you have two of them.  
  • Thanks. The question I have is about function ak.mycustomoffense(). Should anything be done there?
  • I have a question about the movement keys. How do you set TumbleEngaged, as in what sort of script, alias, or keybind do you use?  Also, anyone have a custom offense they created to use with this? I'd like an example to script my own. I know there's a bit of a base in the scripts.
    Moagedan said:
    Thanks. The question I have is about function ak.mycustomoffense(). Should anything be done there?
    ak.mycustomoffense() is just a place to add any type of script you want ran as an opponent gains or loses affs and defenses. This is how the included "Dragon Stack Prep" stack is ran.

Moagedan said:
    I have a question about the movement keys. How do you set TumbleEngaged, as in what sort of script, alias, or keybind do you use?  Also, anyone have a custom offense they created to use with this? I'd like an example to script my own. I know there's a bit of a base in the scripts.
    -
    Tumble engaged is just so I can clear a tumble before it finishes while still being able to queue movement any other time.
    ^You begin to tumble agilely to the (\w+)\.$

TumbleEngaged = tempTimer(7,[[
    	TumbleEngaged = false
    ]])