Hi all! This is a follow-up to @Jurixe
's topic last year on furniture/housing upgrades. Since we've gotten some (but not all!) of our wishes come true, we thought we'd start this up again as per @Tecton
's suggestion to see what else we can get
1) Display cases. Glass or otherwise with lids to open/close and an editable label.
2) Curtains / drapes (maybe with a push/pull function to allow different sets of messages for day/night time / weather?). This could be part of a window-upgrade option.
3) More container options: trunk, strongchest, barrel
4) More lighting options: Sconce and chandeliers
5) Other fixtures/deco items:
- altars (can be designated/sanctified by respective Orders? Not a shrine, purely RP)
- statue carving
6) Material changes:Glass, cocobolo and other woods (reference vial shop in Eleusis for examples) and Crystal rather than crystal encrusted. And also inlay.
7) Playable instruments/interactive items
8) Artie winerack that generates a bottle (as per @Trey
in previous topic)
1) Working bathtubs / bathrooms (because we do not want kelp growing in our tubs!)
2) House-wide doorbell/knocker
3) Customisable house entrances instead of just a front door in
4) Pools/ponds instead of fountains
5) Furniture stasis
: Currently way too expensive. 8 room credits for a single room not to lose its furniture? That'd only work if everyone has a one-room house and stuffed full of furniture. Better if the upgrade for stasis was sold on a bulk basis. For example, 2 room credits per room, but with a minimum of 5 assigned rooms.
6) Reduction of costs for out of sub housing and also reduction of penalty as well. Getting only a quarter of your investment back for destroying a room upgrade out of subs is *brutal*
1) Easier navigation of the subdivision would be greatly appreciated. Right now the subs are both a part of and yet apart from the city. It basically has all the weakpoints of being in an isolated, unguarded part of the city and takes time to get to and fro the area, making private housing an incredibly under utilized resource/goldsink. It would be nice if home owners could have token to show some security person at the entrance (like private apartments haha), and they can also request/revoke additional tokens for frequent guests or perhaps make it based on the front door's perms. Just tell/show him you want to go to X's house and you'll be transported there if you're allowed in the front door.
1) Maybe more servant types like gardeners and grooms.
2) Can we limit the rooms in which servants can wander? For example you only want your cook moving between the pantry and kitchen but not going into your bedroom.
3a) Servant functionality: Cooks that can actually prepare designated recipes (yours or public), provided you give them the necessary ingredients. The food prepared will only last maybe an IC day or so before decaying so you can't use it as a cheap way to skip out on tradeskills. Gardeners gathering/harvesting your gardens for you.
3b) Several have asked for things like assigning butlers to replace sigils and such. I think such a thing might require upkeep, so perhaps personal houses may have a strongbox feature like on ships? Servants will automatically dip into those funds for things that need maintainence
4) More specific conditions for reactions such as reacting to a particular person rather than people who fall under a broad category of personal allies/enemies/orgs.
5) Also more options like this:
I happened upon the journal in the Keep at Nicator's Crossing that has
instructions on what the Lord of the Crossing can do in the keep.
I assume these aren't secrets, since the journal is public access, so:
MANAGEMENT OF THE STAFF
In general, the servants at the keep work autonomously and do not need
to be given daily duties. There are a few occasional requests that you
may make of the staff directly:
Say to the steward "relieve the servants" and the staff will return to
their quarters, remaining there for the day. This is useful if you are
entertaining and do not wish the staff to be wandering about.
If you have relieved the servants and wish them to return to their
duties early, say to the steward "have the keep cleaned" and the staff
will be promptly sent back to work.
The cook is able to prepare a lavish feast for you and your guests; you
need only say "prepare a meal" and she will have it ready in about a
quarter of a day.
The gardener may be directed to "set out flowers" and several
arrangements of fresh flowers will be placed around the keep.
In the dining hall, simply saying "more wine" will alert an available
servant to fill a few goblets.
If you wish to grant access to the private rooms or authority over the
staff to your friends, family members, guests, etc., tell the steward
"grant authority over the staff to <person>"
"grant access to the dungeon cell to <person>"
"grant access to the storage room to <person>"
"grant access to bedroom <1-4> to <person>"
To revoke this type of access or authority, tell the steward:
"revoke authority over the staff from <person>"
"revoke access to the dungeon cell from <person>"
"revoke access to the storage room from <person>"
"revoke access to bedroom <1-4> from <person>"
Telling the steward "who has access?" or "who has authority?" will
prompt him to list all individuals who have been granted each type of
Please give me all of this right now. ALL OF IT.