Achaea 2

Now, I am not suggesting this, just throwing it out there because I thought it'd be fun to talk about hypothetically (and I do doubt that it's never been pondered before)...

What if we just started a new server, back at the fall of the Seleucarian empire?

For sake of conversation, assume:
No characters - everyone started new characters (and for sake of conversation, not the same one you already have).
A few active gods/admin to keep things working properly.
No Houses formed (although players could form new ones!)
A few small, burgeoning city-states/villages with enough initial leadership to allow induction and basic order.

Was just a fun thought to ponder, even if it isn't a realistic concept.  It's interesting to wonder how things would develop, how people would group up, how history would re-write itself, and so on - particularly if you "magically" assumed nobody brought OOC friendships/rivalries with them, etc.

Just tossing this into the pot since I found it to be a neat thought.

Comments

• I reckon it'd be a cool idea. Maybe not practical for IRE, but cool nonetheless. It would definitely have to be set in stone that it'd be an alternate universe/time stream as history changing stuff could happen.

• I see our new world would not be without its share of innate sarcasm =).
  • it won't be text, it will be in 3d mmo game. (so my eyes can relax from reading too many paragraphs of scrolling texts..)

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.

• I shall create a 3D Achaea, and its name shall be Minecraft.

Also, someone should make an Achaea minecraft map.  We already have a full coordinate map and everything!
  • Make it an oceanic server, too. Give us a chance at playing with low pings!
  • edited January 2015

Oh, at first I thought you wanted to RP Kevin Costner.

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    This sounds really familiar, and might have been brought up before. While it would be interesting to experience that time period, I highly doubt it's something they're looking to make happen, simply because of the amount of work and staffing it would likely require. Not only that, having that level of historical mystery is pretty good sometimes.

• which continent just post-the fall of the Seleucarian Empire?  with "small, burgeoning city-states" I assume Meropis?  can i get durandian steel?
    And as he slept he dreamed a dream, and this was his dream.
  • Xith said:
    Ooh and we could call it Aetolia.
    lol

• Antidas said:
    Xith said:
    Ooh and we could call it Aetolia.
    lol
    Agree

• Would be neat. I don't think I could play another IRE game without transfering my investment though :P
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Rangor said:
    Would be neat. I don't think I could play another IRE game without transfering my investment though :P
    this is why I liked the old promo back in 2011, where you'd buy credits and a.. 10%? 15%? would be thrown into a bonus pool you could transfer to your alts/friends/whatever that were created after a specific date (in that case, 15th of may 2011). That promotion in particular gave me incentive to make alts across all the IRE games and buy some extra credits even to get a general feel of classes across the games.
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Achaea 2 = Anarchaea

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Merge all the IRE games into one :>
  • Jovolo said:
    Merge all the IRE games into one :>
    I thought this would be a good idea once, for about 2.5 seconds :P  I'd actually love to see Meropis before the fall, like in a Golden Age...
  • I wouldn't mind seeing some if the features from some of the other games in Ach. Like having families be actual organisations and being able to take a crew out on a ship and go xp/gold farming.
  • Jukilian said:
    Maybe bring back Tears of Polaris instead...

I would totally 100% volunteer to be a coder for it.
    When Achea has a full pantheon and is overflowing with Celani, then yes.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Tibitha said:
    Like having families be actual organisations
    How is this different from just making a clan for your family?

Hell, that's what the word "clan" means.
  • Tibitha said:
    I wouldn't mind seeing some if the features from some of the other games in Ach. Like having families be actual organisations and being able to take a crew out on a ship and go xp/gold farming.
    I think whenever there are neat utility features, they should just be implemented across all the games.  Imperian's promo market for selling tokens and assembly pieces, their decaylist which I think we're getting, or got?  I'm sure the other games have things.  Liquid rifts from Lusternia and vialbelts from Imperian may be sort of in between?  Not just straight utility, unsure on some of those.  Other neat mechanics would need more review, of course, to see if they can fit with our own mechanics and world - even when they don't, you'd think that a lot of time they could fit with a few tweaks.  At that point "no" becomes more of a "not right now".  In general, I wouldn't mind if the guts of all the games looked more similar, at least in taking the things that one game happens to do best, and applying it to all the others if at all possible.  
  • I would kill to have Lusternia's liquidrift in Achaea. @Tecton @Makarios pls
  • Aegoth said:
    I would kill to have Lusternia's liquidrift in Achaea. @Tecton @Makarios pls
    if this was reddit-style forum, I would upvote you. @Tecton‌ @Makarios‌

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
  • I always thought it would be cool to have Achaea duke it out vs Lusternia, especially considering the potential history overlap on Lusternia's end.
    Saeva said:
    If Mathonwy is 2006 I wish 2007 had never come.
    Xenomorph said:
    heh. Mathowned.
    Message #12872 Sent by Jurixe
    4/16/0:41
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    Potential history overlap? Elaborate prz?
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • Estarra's apparently Eris (nevermind the same person played both gods), and brought humans from Achaea into Lusternia
  • Did not know that, kinda neat

• Yeah...that is definitely not canon here. They're the same person, but totally unrelated role-wise.
  • Sarapis said:
    Yeah...that is definitely not canon here. They're the same person, but totally unrelated role-wise.
    A lot of people thought that that's what Events 274 implied (Eris becoming Estarra). Specifically, this part:
    As the world-shattering Chaos of the Unnamable Horror tore a gate
    between the Realms and entered Creation, Eris plunged into the waiting
    aperture, departing forever from the known world. This, the culmination
    of an intricate paradox she had carefully crafted through her years of
    experiments with time travel, allowed her to use her great puissance to
    pass beyond the bounds of reality and claim a birthright, of which
    perhaps even she was not fully aware.