Why do you play Achaea?

CaoimhaenCaoimhaen Targossas
edited December 2014 in North of Thera
What keeps you entertained and coming back. Your favorite part.

Comments

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    One, three and four.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    One, two and three. Pretty all-encompassing.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• Yeah..realized I forgot the all of the above thingy. Ah well. I was fighting the phone forum when my lunch was almost over. Heh

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Keneanung said:
    How about none of the above? I curently play to code (sadly enough)
    GEEEEEEEEEK! I code to play. Less geeky. Gets me all none of the girls.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Klendathu said:
    Keneanung said:
    How about none of the above? I curently play to code (sadly enough)
    GEEEEEEEEEK! I code to play. Less geeky. Gets me all none of the girls.
    Sad thing is, I currently don't have anything that motivates me enough to actually code to play. Not that I'd need more girls for me :wink: 
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    I play for RP first and foremost. I tend to participate in combat only when I am bored, or when I want some quick jump in experience.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• edited December 2014
    I appreciate good combat more than good RP but thats only due to my ignorance on certain subjects within the realms. I'm trying to fix that! Bear with me!
  • BluefBluef Delos
    edited December 2014
    One, two, and three.

RP obviously.

Bluef doesn't really PvP daily anymore, but I enjoy testing and the capacity to jump into raid defense and lend a helping hand (or to shrink some idiot's head) if I want to. The new shaman is just so bright and shiny with spiritlore that it makes me wish she did though. 

Hunting has been an addiction ever since my quest for dragon. But I...can stop anytime I want to! I can! I...Oooh, the vertani re-spawned!
  • I log in to socialize and because I'm habituated to it. Way too much financial investment for me to walk off as well.  Definitely not for combat and only occasionally for hunting or rp.

• HerenicusHerenicus The Western Front
    I enjoy the people, the story, and the writing exercise. 
  • I actually play because of the depth of customization, RP is secondary.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    None of the above. Just to see Kadin and a few friends at this point.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Where is the "forums" option
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Sena said:
    There's no option for "I mostly play the forums these days."

I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Used to be purely roleplay, but the last two years has seen me dip into combat!

It's still a struggle but I do love the moments where it makes sense and I start being effective. Once I get out of this rut again, totally need to start fully tackling 1v1 for apostate. But as always, roleplay holds the most importance, and where I invest most of my time. It is the prime rib roast to my Thanksgiving dinner.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Melodie said:
    Used to be purely roleplay, but the last two years has seen me dip into combat!

It's still a struggle but I do love the moments where it makes sense and I start being effective. Once I get out of this rut again, totally need to start fully tackling 1v1 for apostate. But as always, roleplay holds the most importance, and where I invest most of my time. It is the prime rib roast to my Thanksgiving dinner.
    We miss the Mel. :(
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    You can still see me whenever you want, it'll just be on different terms, that's all!  :)
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    How do you differentiate combat from RP in this instance.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • I don't even know anymore
  • edited December 2014
    I don't even know if I can answer this. The roleplaying got really stale and repetitive to me. It just felt like a really awkward chatroom after a while. And I know people will respond with "YEAH WELL YOU'VE GOT TO FIND BETTER ROLEPLAY IT COMES WITH EFFORT" yeah I'd prefer to just spam hangedman.

• I like combat, I like rituals, I like other stuff. But I login because of the enriched roleplay enrichment not think "Hmm, I wonder who I will stick my rapiers in today!" 

• edited December 2014
    Stuneree said:
    I don't even know if I can answer this. The roleplaying got really stale and repetitive to me. It just felt like a really awkward chatroom after a while. And I know people will respond with "YEAH WELL YOU'VE GOT TO FIND BETTER ROLEPLAY IT COMES WITH EFFORT" yeah I'd prefer to just spam hangedman.
    RP is like writing. Heck, it IS writing. You're writing your own character in a variety of situations. So, stands to reason you'll only like RP if you like writing.

I haven't met anybody that loves writing and is good at writing that sees it as "stale and repetitive." I remember that one time I said on CT "I just realized that in the Shop of Wonders, a pillow costs as much as a mount." Silvy is one of those 230 year olds that'll always be five. So... well... look at the image.

It's stuff like that that makes Achaea, in whatever City you're in. It's what I miss the most about it, and if you stay tuned in you'll see plenty of it. Now, if you plain don't like that stuff, that's totally understandable. But it's not going to be stale or repetitive if you seek it out.