New denizen change....

Comments

• Cynlael said:
    Yes, yes it is. Considering they've stated they want proper AI. Primary target is now whoever's dealt the most damage to the mob; something that should've happened a long, long time ago. If needing to think when group bashing is something that turns you off, then I really don't know what to tell you... Don't attack if you don't want to run the risk of something chasing you? *shrug*

It is not the needing to think, it is just that now pretty much the only viable way of group hunting is hunting where the highest damage can tank it all, the group up to tackle harder areas becomes a lot less important, and considering the main damage is already tanking it all, he might as well solo it for more exp.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    All the people complained that bashing was too boring, look, it's now more difficult / interesting. Perhaps you'll actually have to engage with it, rather than watching Netflix while you bash.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Give incinerate mechanic to mobs pls. Would certainly make bashing more 'interesting' ;)

• Thanks for the feedback @Sarapis! Very much appreciated and what I was looking for! It let's me know to spend the next few days doing politics and house things while still having hope that this is going to be adjusted and not a finalized state of how bashing is to be which is what my fear was(been away from Achaea for a few years so not sure if you guys had completed all the testing in the back of things and liked how it was and went with it, or if this was what I was -hoping- and would be a sent out change that will still receive tweaking as feedback is given)
  • AktillumAktillum Philippines
    Went hunting to try out the changes, but was disappointed they only apply to mobs who already chase. Was hoping this applied to all mobs, would be so hysterical to kite a group of 10 sidhe knights or something.

• HerenicusHerenicus The Western Front
    Synbios said:
    There should be a world-wide message that appears when you are chased by 10 or more non-loyal denizens:

http://youtu.be/MLctf4o6feQ
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida

- Loyal denizens that can be ordered to kill other adventurers should now be much better at remembering their targets.

Does this mean apostate fiend is finally working correctly? :o

I look forward to testing out the changes when I get home, they look fun!

And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • I don't know, maybe the issue met by @Samanthya could be mitigated by making the monsters who actually have been hit by one of the group member chase?
    If the group spreads up their targets, they'll be followed, if a player uses one of these upcoming AoE attacks, he's calling a big chase, and if you're just hitting one of the denizens, only this one will give chase?

• As I started reading this thread, my first thought was that "This isn't -it-, there will be changes," and Sarapis outlined that clearly in his reply. Most the administration used to play too and you can usually rely on them to make the changes fun, even if it takes some tweaking.

Personally, my hope is that ratio of time invested to rewards reaped will, at the very least, stay consistent. Bashing is already tedious for those who are less than keen on it, and while increasing the difficulty will put some zip back into it, it'd be nice if - overall - reaching 80 or 90 didn't really take any longer than it already does, for example.

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• Yep, that's the idea @Jhaeli. There's no need to increase the amount of time required to bash. We just want to give you more ways/options in fights with mobs to make them less monotonous. 

@Samanthya Going to be more than a few days to get this right! (Especially as I'm on vacation currently.) We've made a lot of system-wide alterations, but the hard part is then figuring out which individual denizens/types-of-denizens need individual alternations. We also created a bunch of new capability for denizens in general that you haven't seen yet, as they'll require setting individually on denizens, like the capability to track to the clouds (that artie wings reach), etc.
  • UlrikeUlrike Maryland
    This thread made me worry that bashing would get super hard. So far it hasn't affected things much for me. It's actually a little easier to kite following denizens if you are smart about it.

I'm a dragon with a few arties, YMMV, etc. etc., but this change isn't as big a deal as it looked.

• Sarapis said:
    Yep, that's the idea @Jhaeli. There's no need to increase the amount of time required to bash. We just want to give you more ways/options in fights with mobs to make them less monotonous. 

@Samanthya Going to be more than a few days to get this right! (Especially as I'm on vacation currently.) We've made a lot of system-wide alterations, but the hard part is then figuring out which individual denizens/types-of-denizens need individual alternations. We also created a bunch of new capability for denizens in general that you haven't seen yet, as they'll require setting individually on denizens, like the capability to track to the clouds (that artie wings reach), etc

Yes. And I hope all honors mobs have that. Because the idea of the Ur'Vampires sitting at clouds is awesome.

• The idea is to try to make bashing denizens harder in the sense that more tactics get required, but the idea is not to make the amount of reward you get per minute of bashing less. Assuming we manage to get it right, it'll be a win all around I think.

• @Sarapis‌ thanks a ton for the feedback, I've been away for some time and forgot how things are done here. I'm now used to live changes being how it's meant to be and it's either deal or leave. Hearing all you've said gives me hope and sounds like it could be an interesting change.
  • If you're going to get all worked up everytime the Achaea administration makes questionably redonkulous changes that you disagree with, you're going to have a rough time here.

• Chase to clouds? Can we prop totem on big Z then?

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • While I know that I'm not entitled to be able to kill things easily, it has been a little off since the change. At least from my perspective, it seems that the denizens can hit and chase without any sort of slowdown for balance/eq lag, where adventurers can only do things if they have both. A pack of denizens following you can chase you through rooms and strike as soon as they come in and still follow, which creates a major horde when you run into other chasers. I don't mind being chased, but being chased down by a mob that doesn't have to worry about keeping balance or equilibrim to move between strikes creates a steamroller that you can only hope to outpace. 
  • The new changes have actually sped up my bashing a little. I'm not a hardcore basher and at the moment, I'm only hitting 3 or 4 areas when I do go out and bash, but bashing the one area I hit that chases (Moghedu) has gotten faster, since its quicker to draw off a single mob. 
  • All I know is when I ran for someone in Dun Fortress and got chased out of the valley by a bunch of Orcs... that's scary as heck
    meh

• Erhon said:
    While I know that I'm not entitled to be able to kill things easily, it has been a little off since the change. At least from my perspective, it seems that the denizens can hit and chase without any sort of slowdown for balance/eq lag, where adventurers can only do things if they have both. A pack of denizens following you can chase you through rooms and strike as soon as they come in and still follow, which creates a major horde when you run into other chasers. I don't mind being chased, but being chased down by a mob that doesn't have to worry about keeping balance or equilibrim to move between strikes creates a steamroller that you can only hope to outpace. 
    Hmm, is a good point, although they also move at half the max speed of unartied players. We'll definitely look into that.
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    edited October 2014
    Sarapis said:
    Erhon said:
    While I know that I'm not entitled to be able to kill things easily, it has been a little off since the change. At least from my perspective, it seems that the denizens can hit and chase without any sort of slowdown for balance/eq lag, where adventurers can only do things if they have both. A pack of denizens following you can chase you through rooms and strike as soon as they come in and still follow, which creates a major horde when you run into other chasers. I don't mind being chased, but being chased down by a mob that doesn't have to worry about keeping balance or equilibrim to move between strikes creates a steamroller that you can only hope to outpace. 
    Hmm, is a good point, although they also move at half the max speed of unartied players. We'll definitely look into that.
    Tell that to Ugrach.  That guy is way quicker than half speed. 

Edit: @Ugrach.. I didn't want him to think I was talking shit behind his back and decide to come give me what for. 
  • I died to mhun knights and didn't like it.
  • That's not what you told me last night.

• knight*
  • It may have been said somewhere, but are we going to get abilities that allow us to hinder denizens or weaken them, etc?

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Alaskar said:
    It may have been said somewhere, but are we going to get abilities that allow us to hinder denizens or weaken them, etc?
    They don't run around when they're dead...

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."