What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Debuting my new song WAP (Wayward Air Pandora)
  • TIL Patron Requests were IC.

I'd like Edelweiss flowers for my burial. 
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • Astarod said:
    TIL Patron Requests were IC.

...as far as I knew.. Patron Requests are OOC, given the nature of some of the things requested / given in them. Else, Twilight probably thinks we're all a bunch of mad hooligans for designing how a denizen or five looks like.

Good to know I guess?
  • Adrik said:
    Astarod said:
    TIL Patron Requests were IC.

...as far as I knew.. Patron Requests are OOC, given the nature of some of the things requested / given in them. Else, Twilight probably thinks we're all a bunch of mad hooligans for designing how a denizen or five looks like.

Good to know I guess?
    I was talking with some of the people in my house to fix two things: locks/dawnblades (return time is kinda buggy). I signed them as "Asty" and I think @Atalkez nearly died laughing. I quickly deleted my OOC patronreq and made an IC one lol. 
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited September 2020
    I always thought it was good practice to make them sound as sane/IC as possible regardless. 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• edited September 2020
    When I asked Nicola, I was told the requests themselves are OOC. Things that happen as a result of them are IC.
    They're pretty much only filed in-game for the purpose of record keeping on their end. Not because they're IC.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• Patron requests are always OOC. Whoever told you otherwise is mistaken
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Yeah, the requests themselves are OOC. That's kind of the weird role that a leader has to play. Half in and half out for that kind of stuff.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • I was told when I was CL that they were in character.
  • The Shield does patron requests through a denizen, who replies via letter, in-character.
  • Yep, Maeris responds with letters too.
  • It's absolutely in character, I'm not sure why you would think otherwise? You're literally talking to a House/City denizen, to send a request to your Patron. It's not called Adminhelp, it's a Patron request. Sure, it can be a bit iffy when you're talking about denizen designs I guess, but I would step around that by not designing them at all personally. "Hey can we have a new person that handles <this>" and let the admin do what they want to do with it.

When I submitted any of my requests, they're all done IC with IC language.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • edited September 2020
    How do you explain requests of mechanics, reactions, exit changes, etc all in an IC format though? I've submitted in the past requests to change the entrance to a city from north to up/down with an explanation of how it can happen. Should I have said "The rock floe's current stationary stability surrounding the city is not to our advantage...I require to break it down and drop it a notch, causing the elevation to the entrance of the city to be reduced. Thank you" and hope they get it?

I've submitted a plethora of room descriptions, item descriptions, suggestions of how an item could work and what a mob could look like and do, and honestly by just submitting that you've crossed the line into OOC.

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Absolutely all of that can be phrased in an in character way. Maybe irrelevant as there seems to be disagreement on whether it is IC or OOC but it is absolutely possible and not even  that difficult 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Why can't they be both? Stuff that can be addressed IC is IC (proposing events or asking for new items), but things requiring mech changes can be asked OOC.
  • Atalkez said:
    It's absolutely in character, I'm not sure why you would think otherwise?

Probably because admin have told people otherwise, is my guess.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

• Iaxus said:

You refine 1 sirencork pieces, 1 sirenglass pieces, and 1 sirenvoice pieces...

You've been awarded with a level 1 figurinelegs talisman piece!

You just received message #959 from Achaea.

(Clan): You say, "OMG."

(Clan): You say, "Omg omg omg."

(Clan): Aranos says, "If it worked."

(Clan): You say, "I just refined the figurine legs."

(Clan): You say, "Asfdhasdlkfhjasdf."

(Clan): Romaen says, "Efownefoanfrgaergrg."

(Clan): Aranos says, "You god."

You quickly assemble a figurine of the suffering Maya.

You will now be known as Legionnaire Iaxus, The Refined, by order of Admiral Aranos Banazir.

I got a little excited.
    I love it when things work out like that, nicely done. I remember when I was looking to complete it I bought ONE cache from market and opened it for the exact piece I needed. I never buy caches either, so was probably the only one in the RL year I've opened

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 159.
    You have reached the illustrious level of 75th step to Divinity.
    If I'm really lucky, maybe 160 is the secret double dragon level.  Only one way to find out!

• Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

• I'm starting a petition to re-implement a level cap. It is whatever xp rank 2 is, at any given time, since Penwize won't chill tf out.

Jumpy said:
    The membership is already such a good deal that there is no way we can reduce the cost. 

• you refined pieces for a 500cr talisman? Bad practice, usually. Glad it worked out for you this time though
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    FML...

Your account has been credited with A globe of shifting continents..
    5019h, 4689m, 21560e, 17420w | Target:() | XP:36% | Exits: E|N|NE|NW|S|SW|W
    The special globe prize has been claimed!
    5019h, 4689m, 21560e, 17420w | Target:() | XP:36% | Exits: E|N|NE|NW|S|SW|Wopen globe
    The two halves of the globe split open to reveal a talisman cache!
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 270 gold sovereigns, a
    group of 23 goldenseal roots, a group of 10 pieces of rope, and an oaken vial!
    The gold is whisked directly into your bank account in Cyrene, giving you a new balance of 160690
    gold.

• Aegoth said:
    you refined pieces for a 500cr talisman? Bad practice, usually. Glad it worked out for you this time though
    Yeah I generally only refine the bad pieces, but I had doubles of each of those three and got lucky.

Jumpy said:
    The membership is already such a good deal that there is no way we can reduce the cost.