What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    You can also always reach out to a city's Ambassador to inquire about your enemy status as well.

• @Kzir I can see where your coming from for sure.  Getting used to being called a Slave and having to really prove yourself to those around you can be daunting at first.  It can be hard to get into the mindset needed to succeed in Mhaldor. But that's kinda their thing, just reading the Seven Truths and Catechisms alone will give you an idea of whats expected of every Mhaldorian.  Once you are able to prove yourself through your tasks, reach Troni and show that you are worth investing time into, I suspect you will find your place and many friends in the City.

Even though we play Evil, I doubt most of us are really as terrible as we pretend to be in game. I have myself found help is always available if you seek it out from even the most intimating characters.  Don't be afraid to reach out to your city mates at all.  Almost all of them will drop whatever they are doing to help you out at any time, just stay off CT until you are a Troni, and don't take it to personal if you get beheaded from time to time, it's just tradition.  I'll take you hunting any time, just send me a Tell!
    I did give it another try.

What I like is that there is a ton of lore/reading/history to give a foundational flavor of what Mhaldor is about, AND, even better, the players reach out to me to get me to play with them... and I greatly appreciate that. Excited for my future in Mhaldor. While it can be frustrating to be called to do things when I don't want to or not able to, I appreciate it anyway and I think it will always feel worth it.

Time to start PK soon (have House stuff to complete first)! Time to queue the folks that are willing to kill me soon!
  • I wish there was a better way to convey to new players that Mhaldor is harsh ICly but still very supportive ICly and OOCly.

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Cooper said:
    I wish there was a better way to convey to new players that Mhaldor is harsh ICly but still very supportive ICly and OOCly.
    Doesn't it give a sort of disclosure about this, to an extent, when they're selecting a city?

• Mhaldor portrays itself as super scary and mean, but provided you can follow the baseline expected RP it’s super nice and friendly. Highly recommend to anyone who’s even semi serious about RP
  • edited July 2020
    If you like consequence as much as reward, Mhaldor is the place for you. We have a harsh doctrine, but you and your character don't ever have to be perfect. The struggle is part of the story! You can always reach out to someone, usually a mentor or an elder, if you're uncertain or lonely.

Reaching down with a massive hand, Sartan lifts your head and draws a taloned finger across your throat, the wound closing as He does so.

• Kzir said:
    @Kzir I can see where your coming from for sure.  Getting used to being called a Slave and having to really prove yourself to those around you can be daunting at first.  It can be hard to get into the mindset needed to succeed in Mhaldor. But that's kinda their thing, just reading the Seven Truths and Catechisms alone will give you an idea of whats expected of every Mhaldorian.  Once you are able to prove yourself through your tasks, reach Troni and show that you are worth investing time into, I suspect you will find your place and many friends in the City.

Even though we play Evil, I doubt most of us are really as terrible as we pretend to be in game. I have myself found help is always available if you seek it out from even the most intimating characters.  Don't be afraid to reach out to your city mates at all.  Almost all of them will drop whatever they are doing to help you out at any time, just stay off CT until you are a Troni, and don't take it to personal if you get beheaded from time to time, it's just tradition.  I'll take you hunting any time, just send me a Tell!

What I like is that there is a ton of lore/reading/history to give a foundational flavor of what Mhaldor is about, AND, even better, the players reach out to me to get me to play with them... and I greatly appreciate that. Excited for my future in Mhaldor. While it can be frustrating to be called to do things when I don't want to or not able to, I appreciate it anyway and I think it will always feel worth it.

Time to start PK soon (have House stuff to complete first)! Time to queue the folks that are willing to kill me soon!
    Although I've been Mhaldorian nearly since its inception, coming back from dormancy is always like rejoining for the first time. We are both 84 Apostates. I'm trying to be around more. Maybe we can hunt or something. I used to be heavily into combat but I need to start from the basics again. Always available for questions and combat help, where I'm experienced, anyway. Entire classes are released between my active periods :/

• Van said:
    Kzir said:
    @Kzir I can see where your coming from for sure.  Getting used to being called a Slave and having to really prove yourself to those around you can be daunting at first.  It can be hard to get into the mindset needed to succeed in Mhaldor. But that's kinda their thing, just reading the Seven Truths and Catechisms alone will give you an idea of whats expected of every Mhaldorian.  Once you are able to prove yourself through your tasks, reach Troni and show that you are worth investing time into, I suspect you will find your place and many friends in the City.

Although I've been Mhaldorian nearly since its inception, coming back from dormancy is always like rejoining for the first time. We are both 84 Apostates. I'm trying to be around more. Maybe we can hunt or something. I used to be heavily into combat but I need to start from the basics again. Always available for questions and combat help, where I'm experienced, anyway. Entire classes are released between my active periods :/
    I'd welcome that! 
  • Today I decided to help kill a Kraken.
    Settling the debts of uncounted centuries, a feast of kraken flesh was his reward.
    He triumphed over the salt and spray of an unforgiving sea, felling the Kraken Primordial.

It was a lot of fun! <3@Kinilan

• Why do you even HAVE an artifact that raises damage to seamonsters that much? So broken,
  • Message 7603

Sent By: Achaea on 01 Aug 2020, 07:12

Imyrr exiles you from the Imperator's wheel!

Hmm, never realized you could sever someone to a class they dont even have.

• Weird. Excom doesn't let you do that. Have to actually **be** in the class.
  • edited August 2020
    It's like being fired from a company you werent even employed to >.>
  • But.. this makes sense though. You're an enemy of Ashtan and this is preemptive to make sure there is no doubt around you picking up Occultist and maybe using it against them before they get chance to Exile you.

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • edited August 2020
    Sobriquet said:
    But.. this makes sense though. You're an enemy of Ashtan and this is preemptive to make sure there is no doubt around you picking up Occultist and maybe using it against them before they get chance to Exile you.
    I don't think he cares about the Exile, moreso that you can Exile someone who doesn't even have Occultist and, to my knowledge, never has. Seemed more like a jab, moreso than actually caring. I could be mistaken.

Agree that it does make sense to do, but yeah. Someone probably just mentioned Asmodron's name, when Imyrr asked around for names of non-Ashtani Occultists, assuming he had it multiclassed or something.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• Last time I was occultist was maybe around 9 years ago or so.
  • edited August 2020
    You nod gravely at your guardian angel, whose wings flare suddenly as an alien and frightening look
    of power sweeps across her face. With one hand, she reaches forward, and as her hand touches 
    Vasher's chest, it flares an impossibly bright white and enters his breast. The angel's eyes roll 
    back in her head in ecstasy as she rips the soul from Vasher's body. Vasher collapses without a 
    sound, his body now nothing more than a useless husk.
    You have slain Vasher.
    Defeated, Vasher is cast out of the Arena.
    You have been victorious and leave the Arena in triumph!
    :D
  • Got shrubbed for not seeing lycon send me a single line tell while extracting....

Guess I need to get good like other people and automate reactions..

#1 for the consistent and fair admin team
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    Rest in pepperoni
  • Proficy said:
    Got shrubbed for not seeing lycon send me a single line tell while extracting....

Guess I need to get good like other people and automate reactions..

#1 for the consistent and fair admin team

Wow man. How long is it for?

Hard to imagine the game without Proficy in it.

• ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    i guess this really goes to show that the admin don't bias towards those who do all the credit purchasing.
  • edited August 2020
    They need to do more than just a single tell... (For example, I have a little chat window for all comms, city, clans, tells, houses, etc and if clans are chatty it is very easy for things like tells to go off that window very quickly), not everyone has massive screens, I was on a 12" Laptop for months until a few days ago.

This is not great news at all, how long you shrubbed for Proficy?

Edit: Expanding on my chat window
  • It was more than one tell.

But between moving rooms and extracting, literally 2 room movements and tell is off the screen.... so yeah no chat window and it's gone in like 7 seconds. Was touching up my talisman tracker when I noticed me not moving anymore..... 

Just infuriating when things get so lopsidedly enforced.
  • Yeah but....you made like....10s of golds while extracting....so...no you gotta face the music.
  • Thaisen said:
    Yeah but....you made like....10s of golds while extracting....so...no you gotta face the music.
    I get that hating on the admin is the cool thing to do, but the issue is the automation (which has been unambiguously against the rules for years), not the amount of gold made.

I'm also extremely skeptical that it was only tens of gold. It's obviously possible that Proficy is so unlucky that he got caught a few rooms into the very first time he ever used that script, but I doubt that's the case.
  • edited August 2020
    If the issue is automation, why isn't Penwize/Seragorn/all of Targossas/Cyrene/Eleusis shrubbed for combat automation?
  • edited August 2020
    I'm an assassin so I make gold by killing people so I shouldn't allowed to use automated curing which directly nets me gold.

Shrub me you cowards.

Edit: To contribute something more substantial, IRE games, especially Achaea, incentivize in all directions automation. All the systems are designed to be automated, are made more efficient by automation, and especially in combat, cannot be participated in without automation. The entire game is built off of this pseduo-Incremental games style of play that encourages people to learn how to automate to a high degree, but then deletes their shit if they happen to apply those exact same skill sets and mentality to any number of pursuits that fall into this fuzzy 'disallowed' category. Seems like an identity crisis to me.
  • Aegoth said:
    If the issue is automation, why isn't Penwize/Seragorn/all of Targossas/Cyrene/Eleusis shrubbed for combat automation?
    The issue is automation to the point your input/attention isn't needed at all. Proficy himself said that he was working on a script while another script was extracting for him, and only noticed something was wrong because his character stopped moving (implying that the script would normally move for him without his focus being on the game). That has been understood to be across the line of acceptable automation for years.

As far as I know nobody has automated combat to the point where a script will go out and just PK people for them while they aren't even looking at their client. If they have, and the admin have evidence of that fact, I fully support those people being shrubbed.

• Aegoth said:
    lol. k.
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."