What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Minifie said:
    Jaybles got dogpiled by people who, instead of admitting they were wrong, dug deeper, and she removed it just in case. 
    The only opinion who matters in that case is the admin. Feels like there were shrubbable offenses there because it was removed, rather than given the 'go ahead' via admin. IDK. I would have liked to see it. 
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • edited January 2020
    Astarod said:
    Minifie said:
    Jaybles got dogpiled by people who, instead of admitting they were wrong, dug deeper, and she removed it just in case. 
    The only opinion who matters in that case is the admin. Feels like there were shrubbable offenses there because it was removed, rather than given the 'go ahead' via admin. IDK. I would have liked to see it. 
    Seems like the general consensus is that it was ok. So here it is pasted again: https://ada-young.com/pastebin/uMHy87E-

The thing I can think of that is remotely offensive is maybe the tricks I use to optimise my hunting like switching my kbashing attackcommand when I have Maya active from WSC or PRC from gut to using an artefact dagger and back again once the Maya is used or expired.
  • Okay so log starts off in a room killing a bunch of Vertani.

Kills a couple, Vinzent comes in and attacks right as she kills the last one in her current room. You can see a 'goto' command entered on a balance trigger right as he attacks. This has her going from 11400 (that's Mhaldor's gates IIRC) to 20815 (the room where Garash is).

She says she uses aliases to move, but if she did that it wouldn't be a 'goto' mapper command, it would be a normal command like entered previously in the log. The previous 'se' movement into the Taproom is a bit odd as well, since it shows a command line 'se' command, but the mapper says "We've arrived!" as if she used the mapper goto command, but there was no command entered.

So after the auto movement (the illegal part) she continues attacking Vertani while Vinzent is attacking her. But note above that she said she moves with aliases, meaning she would have had to be present and paying attention the second she was attacked. But instead of stopping attacking, or trying to start moving, she waited 7 or so guts (more than 20 seconds) to start reacting at all.

This is when you see 'goto mhaldor' entered, and the speedwalker trying to go from 20815 to 11400. During the auto movement, there was no 'goto x' command entered so you can tell it wasn't entered manually.

You can see on the last Vertani, that another automatic 'goto 11400' was entered. For the rest of the log you can see her manual movement attempts of leap, dor leap, but you can also see her auto movement try to goto Mhaldor on every balance since she had just finished killing the last Vertani. 

You can also see that her auto movement stopped her tumble as well.

Near the end of the log you can see her finally turn off all of her bashing stuff - Crit counter, Keneanung's basher, and something called Padparadscha. This is when the automatic movement of goto 11400 stops looping on balance regain.

IMO that shows there is a pretty high chance of her auto bashing.

• Cooper said:
    Okay so log starts off in a room killing a bunch of Vertani.

Kills a couple, Vinzent comes in and attacks right as she kills the last one in her current room. You can see a 'goto' command entered on a balance trigger right as he attacks. This has her going from 11400 (that's Mhaldor's gates IIRC) to 20815 (the room where Garash is).

She says she uses aliases to move, but if she did that it wouldn't be a 'goto' mapper command, it would be a normal command like entered previously in the log. The previous 'se' movement into the Taproom is a bit odd as well, since it shows a command line 'se' command, but the mapper says "We've arrived!" as if she used the mapper goto command, but there was no command entered.

So after the auto movement (the illegal part) she continues attacking Vertani while Vinzent is attacking her. But note above that she said she moves with aliases, meaning she would have had to be present and paying attention the second she was attacked. But instead of stopping attacking, or trying to start moving, she waited 7 or so guts (more than 20 seconds) to start reacting at all.

This is when you see 'goto mhaldor' entered, and the speedwalker trying to go from 20815 to 11400. During the auto movement, there was no 'goto x' command entered so you can tell it wasn't entered manually.

You can see on the last Vertani, that another automatic 'goto 11400' was entered. For the rest of the log you can see her manual movement attempts of leap, dor leap, but you can also see her auto movement try to goto Mhaldor on every balance since she had just finished killing the last Vertani. 

Near the end of the log you can see her finally turn off all of her bashing stuff - Crit counter, Keneanung's basher, and something called Padparadscha. This is when the automatic movement of goto 11400 stops looping on balance regain.

You forgot the part where we need to nerf humunculus. 
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • Or, and hear me out: 

step 1: Have a GTFO keybind/macro that you hit, it's rudimentary so it just does "goto 11400", or it checks your gmcp location to get you back to the mainland (If in annwyn, it goes to lake to say I wish, if meropis it pierces etc). She hits it, as you can see it keeps trying to move her (that's how the mapper works, so we can rule that out as automation).

step 2: being a combat newbie, Jaybles doesn't know about homonc block. She also doesn't realize the autowalking is going to stop her tumble (another easy mistake). Finally, she pierces because she realises that will work (tries a few times because para catches it), dies in Gare.

Probably more plausible, because if she knew some of these things having done some combat, she'd surely have a more robust system (If you can make an auto-hunting system, you can make enough basics in a GTFO auto system to know, and stop, these things).
  • Cooper said:

Ok, never mind I think I am done with forums.

The admins can investigate and test me when I'm hunting.
  • edited January 2020
    Jaybles said:
    Cooper said:

Ok, never mind I think I am done with forums.

The admins can investigate and test me when I'm hunting.
    Deleted the log again! Man, it feels shady.

Ultimately though, just submit the log to the Admin, they'll give the official response on it. Shade can be thrown here, or there, or on discord, but if the Admin think it's ok, then it's ok. 

I honestly think consistent auto-movement is illegal, which is the only issue I think I had with your log.  If you don't use that then I think you'll be golden (unless I'm wrong).

Minifie said:
    Or, and hear me out: 

step 1: Have a GTFO keybind/macro that you hit, it's rudimentary so it just does "goto 11400", or it checks your gmcp location to get you back to the mainland (If in annwyn, it goes to lake to say I wish, if meropis it pierces etc). She hits it, as you can see it keeps trying to move her (that's how the mapper works, so we can rule that out as automation).

step 2: being a combat newbie, Jaybles doesn't know about homonc block. She also doesn't realize the autowalking is going to stop her tumble (another easy mistake). Finally, she pierces because she realises that will work (tries a few times because para catches it), dies in Gare.

Probably more plausible, because if she knew some of these things having done some combat, she'd surely have a more robust system (If you can make an auto-hunting system, you can make enough basics in a GTFO auto system to know, and stop, these things).
    I think we should stop arguing and just let the admin handle it. We're not the rulers of automation, so our opinions are kinda null and mute. I'm an advocate for submitting the log, and just getting back an official position instead of bickering on the "what happened to you today" thread. 

• Correct Astarod. The automation rule is that if you can take your hands off your keyboard and move rooms without input from you, then the bashing is illegal.

It's why I had to modify my triggers to be able to bash on the meld shrines - if I had left 'em like normal I could have just perma afk'd killing stuff because I never had to move rooms.

Minifie - you could be right, but it is far from guaranteed. Claiming you move rooms with an alias but then waiting 20+ seconds after moving/being attacked to react to the attack is very suspicious. Her triggers were inputting a new 'goto' command every time she regained balance, she wasn't just trying to leave the room via walking or leaping. It also would not enter the goto command if there was still a Vertani in the room, it only went off when the room was empty. This is what turned off when she turned her bashing triggers off.

Pyori - Vinzent was pretty clear before the log, but the log made the situation look much worse than described.

• edited January 2020
    Cooper said:
    Correct Astarod. The automation rule is that if you can take your hands off your keyboard and move rooms without input from you, then the bashing is illegal.

It's why I had to modify my triggers to be able to bash on the meld shrines - if I had left 'em like normal I could have just perma afk'd killing stuff because I never had to move rooms.

Minifie - you could be right, but it is far from guaranteed. Claiming you move rooms with an alias but then waiting 20+ seconds after moving/being attacked to react to the attack is very suspicious. Her triggers were inputting a new 'goto' command every time she regained balance, she wasn't just trying to leave the room via walking or leaping. It also would not enter the goto command if there was still a Vertani in the room, it only went off when the room was empty. This is what turned off when she turned her bashing triggers off.

Pyori - Vinzent was pretty clear before the log, but the log made the situation look much worse than described.
    Neither is your hypothesis, and the log had her trying to leap frequently (spammed as well, so presumably panic leaps). Perhaps it's because I get to talk to Jaybles about code, and I've seen stuff she has (mostly tracking for environments and talisman pieces), and always getting responses from her in a timely manner, I'm going to err on the side of what is more likely. 

Also, if you are going to code up an autobasher, you wouldn't use Keneanungs. Ken's isn't a bad targeting script, but if you can code something to auto hunt areas etc, you can code something better for targeting and prioritising attack commands/swapping on shield on multitarget on the room instead of shield breaking/maximizing reap targeting. 

The only thing Vinzent made clear is that he can't admit/come to terms with potentially, if not outright, being wrong. I wouldn't take what he says with much value. 

I have no problem with automation. I also have no problem with people being afk (on ships/guards to avoid being killed or otherwise). I have a problem when people combine automation with being afk to generate (relatively) large amounts of gold or experience. Personally I consider being alt tabbed for longer than a few seconds to be the same as being afk. You're not paying attention to your client/the game for an extended period, yet continue to perform a particularly profitable activity, so it doesn't matter if you're physically away from your keyboard.

If somebody wants to automate 100% of their bashing, then sit there and watch it do its thing, I have no problem with that. Mentally you're as engaged with the game as somebody who enters commands using aliases/keybindings.
    I don't disagree, if you are still there, and can respond to admin pokes/fellow players/suddenly invulnerable or volunteer controlled mobs, then I don't see any issues, but I'm biased because I have elbow and thumb damage, so constantly hitting F keys tends to give me chronic pain through my entire arm. I've moved almost everything to numpad, but still use the left side often for combat. 

The issue I have is, instead of just taking a bounty, getting an easy kill and sodding off, Vinzent decided to directly call someone out on the forums, and with no evidence other than, "she did the same dumb actions", decided to implicate someone doing something shrubbable/bannable. 

• edited January 2020
    Minifie said:
    Vinzent said:
    Minifie said:
    Jaybles said:
    Vinzent said:
    The great form of Jaybles grows still and her eyes glaze over as the world blurs and then sharpens.
    7784:100% ex 4019:84% - 89/95 [jaybles] -
    You may study the physiological composition of your subjects once again.
    Jaybles eats a potash crystal.
    You may manipulate another's humours once more.
    You redirect Jaybles's internal fluids, tempering her sanguine humour.
    Looking over Jaybles, you see that:
    Her sanguine humour has been tempered a total of 1 times.
    Her health is at 14107 out of 14107. (100)
    Her mana is at 1454 out of 8983. (16)
    She is bleeding for 29447.
    You send ripples throughout Jaybles's body, wracking her sanguine humour.
    Horror overcomes Jaybles's face as her body stiffens into paralysis.
    7784:100% e 3779:79% - 89/95 [jaybles] - (-240:5%)
    You may study the physiological composition of your subjects once again.
    7784:100% e 3779:79% - 89/95 [jaybles] -
    Jaybles eats a magnesium chip.
    7784:100% e 3779:79% - 89/95 [jaybles] -
    [Curing]: SIP MANA
    7784:100% e 4636:97% - 89/95 [jaybles] - (+857:17.9%)
    Jaybles looks far healthier all of a sudden.
    7784:100% e 4636:97% - 89/95 [jaybles] -
    With a flap of her majestic Red wings, Jaybles enters a tear in the fabric of reality, and is gone.
    7784:100% e 4636:97% - 89/95 [jaybles] -
    You may manipulate another's humours once more.
    You have recovered balance on all limbs.
    7784:100% ex 4621:96% T 89/95 [jaybles] - (-15:0.3%)
    You may drink another health or mana elixir.
    7784:100% ex 4696:98% T 89/95 [jaybles] - (+75:1.5%)
    You feel an aura of rebounding surround you.
    7784:100% ex 4775:100% T 89/95 [jaybles] - (+79:1.6%)
    You have completed the bounty filed by the City of Targossas, and have received 35000 gold sovereigns.
    You just received message #12 from Achaea.
    You have slain Jaybles.

Auto bashers are fun to kill, not everyday you can spend 75s stacking bleed with no reaction but dash loop into block.

So to clear this up, what I do is I remote into my computer on my phone while I'm watching TV and have next room aliases and I run my bashing button if I detect there are targets in the room with K's Basher. You came in, attacked and I goto Mhaldor running into your block. Then, I tried to spam leap not knowing that homunculus blocks that. So I ran back to my computer and then tried tumble, blocked. Finally only PTV worked.

Sorry it was an easy kill for you.

https://ada-young.com/pastebin/09mbTMvG, some of the longer lines are truncated because mudlet's logger is buggy with the svo singleprompt but that should show the entire log for those who were asking.

To quote HELP AUTOMATION: "Just don't do it! Auto rat, auto fish, auto hunting, auto ANYTHING and you can kiss your adventurer goodbye forever."
    Rip your offense then.

setConsoleBufferSize("main", 1000000, 1000)

createMapper(5, 5, 455, 460) setMapZoom(25)

--- --- ---

function deleteRev()
        tempLineTrigger(1, 1, [[
            if not isPrompt() then
            moveCursor(0, getLineNumber() - 1) deleteLine()
          end
          ]])
      end

function inParty()
        local i

for i = 1, #gmcp.Comm.Channel.List do
          if gmcp.Comm.Channel.List[i].name == "party" then
            return true
          end
        end

return false
      end

--- --- ---

target = target or "None"

P = { "clot", "compose", "g body", "concentrate", "stand", "touch starburst" }

A = table.concat(P, " / ").." / "

S = " | "

Q = table.concat(P, S)..S

--- --- ---

waterLord = waterLord or {}

Dragon = Dragon or {}

evaluateTable = evaluateTable or {
            ["bleed"] = 0,
            ["phlegmatic"] = 0,
            ["sanguine"] = 0,
            ["choleric"] = 0,
            ["melancholic"] = 0
        }

Amazing automation, isn't it? That little thing only exists to declare some tables so I don't need to in aliases, otherwise I would only have a targeting script and list of tables for hunting, and some GMCP tracking.

Edit: I tried using the code block but it didn't show anything so I changed it to quote.
  • I frequently talk to Jaybles while she is bashing the same places as me and can confirm she's not off making coffee or anything.

Also y'all are wrong as hell for airing out specific grievances here like this. This isn't the place for a kangaroo public court lashing of another player. If you think someone is breaking the rules, issue it.

Finally, Cooper, you come off as way holier than thou on automation. Your posts on mining scripts have the exact same tone to them that does you no favors. You don't sound like some brave soldier in the fight against automation. You sound like you're whining about people developing tools that don't make them struggle as much. Avoiding having to type each movement command independently while bashing isn't some grand fucking crime. It's convenience. I've never once felt like it's detracted from my experience using the goto command to move around between mobiles. Having you bang pot lids together demanding people be punished for making their gameplay experience less tedious isn't going to change my opinion.
  • I became a pirate. Yarr.
  • edited January 2020
    Micaelis said:
    I have to agree with Jaybles and the Mhaldorians on this one. When I'm bashing I go off to another room and watch tv, and I put one my kids in front of the screen and I go "If you see anything red, scream". Then I hear a scream and I'm right back in the zone. Perfectly legit. 
    Enslaved Children Bashing Systems for sale, 100 credits per. You must also provide the lunchable and juice box for the given kid. 

• Namino said:
    Finally, Cooper, you come off as way holier than thou on automation. Your posts on mining scripts have the exact same tone to them that does you no favors.
    Which is all the more curious considering he is known to use AK for combat, which is automation.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • yall this isnt the topic for this
  • Ygia said:
    yall this isnt the topic for this
    This has stopped no one in the history of forums ever
  • PK automation is not against the rules.

Auto bashing & mining are gainst the rules.

Not sure why my stance is surprising.

• Cooper "Mhaldor never automates. Only Targ does!!!" Ikari
  • 1. Yall don't listen.

2. remember when Ernam advertised you could afk pk people with his Godzilla system and then suspiciously took down his website after being reported? Pepperidge farm remembers.
  • Pyori said:
    Yeah came back up with extensive changes to make it less about total automation of combat
  • It still talks about total automation of combat. It's still as garbage as it ever was.

• I'd rather never fight again than try to get that hot mess of a script working.