What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Aralaya said:
    So a question for those who know how the Achaea market stuff works, does this mean things will actually be affordable again

Talismans broke the market.. not trades lol
  • You're extremely wrong.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Jinsun said:
    How is it that every time one of these threads pops up, people sharpen their pitchforks and accuse me of abusing a bug?

Let me assuage a few fears by explaining how this works. The intermediate sea monster zone has a cool down per ship of about 10 minutes. It's per ship because if you and another person or ship are hunting in a zone, it'd be pretty unfair for anyone else wanting to hunt for your ship to control the are wide cool down. How this works is, sometime after you enter the zone, a monster spawns on an increased RNG following the cooldown. Could still be another 5-10 minutes because it's based on a chance to spawn.

So what we do is, one ship goes in, hunts the first sea monster alone and then another ship comes in and spawns a monster after the first ship is done. You're still fighting one monster per ship or one monster or 2=2. There's no increased benefit. Youre just increasing your chance to spawn them by having more people there and splitting your gold.

Lets be clear. It is impossible to do this alone so I am always splitting the gold. Also, people normally drag me out seamonster hunting because I'm lazy. I sure as shit don't like it enough to violate help multiplaying by using Alta. Almost always, Tianondria is captaining the other ship. 

This isn't something that's too good to be true. If we're really turning it out, we make about 70-80k an hour total, meaning she and I are each getting about 35-40k a piece. That's a lot less than you can make hunting. Not to mention, most times we bring 2-3 other people which means we make like 15-20k an hour.

I do my best to report every ship bug that I see because I love seafaring. I play a bad character, but I put too much into this game to cheat at it. Please, leave me alone.

For reference, the "bug" about pulling multiple monsters isnt a bug.. We asked the garden about it when they started telling us finally about all these "bugs" so we wouldn't be "abusing" anything.. Seeing as how we figured it (seafaring shit) was legit to start and got punished for it, we decided to check.. Full speed ahead on monster hunting, though.
  • Atalkez said:
    You're extremely wrong.

Oh.. you're right.. it was talismans -and- the people who deem it their responsibility to buy agabazillion of them and jack up the prices.. oh and don't forget people like Zulah who continuously break cfs and get not even a slap on the wrist for it..
  • Byakko said:
    Atalkez said:
    You're extremely wrong.

Oh.. you're right.. it was talismans -and- the people who deem it their responsibility to buy agabazillion of them and jack up the prices.. oh and don't forget people like Zulah who continuously break cfs and get not even a slap on the wrist for it..
    I don't think you have a grasp on how economics works.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • All I hear is someone upset and complaining that they did something bad, and ate dirt cause of it... Ignorance is never an excuse
  • Austere said:
    Byakko said:
    Atalkez said:
    You're extremely wrong.

The thread that keeps on giving.  I was kinda sad knowing this would all be over today and I'd be bored at work.  Thank God for people like you. 
    Can't buy from cfs without gold. Where did that gold come from, eh?
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Can you even claim ignorance as an excuse in this though?  They knew it was shady, how could they not?
  • Fuck off Jinsun. You know PoM is democratic in name only.
  • JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    Kinilan said:
    Fuck off Jinsun. You know PoM is democratic in name only.
    ILYU2BB
  • You're not taking my clan from me you POS.
  • JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    Your clan?! Zulah say's it's his!
  • Ashtan wouldn't give you a fleet so you're trying to take mine. Real classy. You're not fit to lead.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    /forumrp
    Huh. Neat.
  • JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    Kinilan said:
    Ashtan wouldn't give you a fleet so you're trying to take mine. Real classy. You're not fit to lead.
    ROOD
  • HyperlithHyperlith San Fierro area, San Andreas
    Nazihk said:
    Aegoth said:
    You can't just shrug and say "WELP IT'S OVER NOW, LET'S MOVE ON!" because this massively affected the in game economy to a huge degree. Hundreds of millions of gold, Klen... that's not something that just "diminishes over time". The fact that the punishments basically amount to nothing is extremely worrisome, considering the scope of this abuse.
    Slap the fuckups on the wrist, reward everybody else, call it a day. 
    lolwut?

• JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    Sarapis said:
    Hyperlith said:
    Nazihk said:
    Aegoth said:
    You can't just shrug and say "WELP IT'S OVER NOW, LET'S MOVE ON!" because this massively affected the in game economy to a huge degree. Hundreds of millions of gold, Klen... that's not something that just "diminishes over time". The fact that the punishments basically amount to nothing is extremely worrisome, considering the scope of this abuse.
    lolwut?
    This is me reading posts from people thinking they should be rewarded for not cheating.

• Sarapis said:
    Hyperlith said:
    Nazihk said:
    Aegoth said:
    lolwut?
    This is me reading posts from people thinking they should be rewarded for not cheating.

Punishments for exploiters is reward enough, was expecting this to be so widespread it wouldn't be feasible. 
  • Hyperlith said:
    Nazihk said:
    Aegoth said:
    lolwut?
    Shh, I might get free stuff if this keeps up.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Sarapis said:

But did you design the "beg shamelessly" emote?
  • Logically thinking, anything you do that allows you to bypass effort of repeated sailing to get multiple personal deals done for millions of gold in less than 5 minutes flat sounds like a willful abuse of the system anyway. 
  • Logically speaking, if you're told something is working as intended, why would you assume otherwise? Now people could be lying about that, and someone feel free to verify the accuracy of that, but if it's true why would you assume something is a bug when you're told it's not? To argue that point requires hindsight, and to argue that point beforehand requires idiocy.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    If I tell you I found a way to make millions of gold in the span of a few hours, and I told you that it's not a bug, you'd be an idiot to believe me and not confirm for yourself.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Micaelis said:

That's just my two cents. I could be wrong, but from the outside, I feel like this is simply a punishment of outcome, not punishment of bug abuse.
    Yes, that's the only kind of punishment that makes sense. If you abuse a bug to get 1 extra gold a day, we might not even care enough to bother fixing the bug, much less punish you. Generating millions of gold a day? Big harm to the game = big punishment.
  • Micaelis, Makarios stated that it was a combination of bugs that allowed them to generate massive amounts of gold whenever the trades lined up properly. When every single change in the past year or more has been to decrease the amount of gold in the game there really is no excuse to think it was working as intended.