Video Games

Comments

• I'm guessing you mean Flamelurker? Yeah, he's tough alone. He's not TOO bad with a mage, but I almost always summoned help for his fight.
  • Yeah, flamelurker is correct. I always roll melee character first time around though, and I knew things were going to be bad after the second portion of that level and dealing with those giant bug things and doing about 20 damage a hit to them lol. Thank god they had easily abusable AI, or I never would've even made it to Flamelurker.

I stopped trying and went on to world 3, will go back when I have better equipment.
  • edited December 2012
    So I finally managed to get Rusty Hearts to work on my laptop. Took five tries, but was well worth it. Love the flavour text they use for quests, and everything about it reminds me of nearly every single Japanese action RPG ever made. I mean, they even pulled off the quintessential "stage clear" screen!

You can also use a controller for that extra bit of nostalgia.

League of Legends: IA ROCKS (NA)
    Guild Wars 2: erasariel.1532 - Devona's Rest (NA)
    Final Fantasy XIV: Novi Selea - Cactuar (NA)
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ErasarielOfAchaea/
    Achaea: Erasariel (duh!)
  • I love me some zombie games.
    I'll probably be shifting over to Starmourn, seeya there!
    discord: aciidwire#5240
    Please check out my new art page!

• Just played the Walking Dead game, really impressed for what it is and cost.

It's half price on Steam at moment (around $12)

Fans of the comic book and tv series will like it as well. (maybe!)
  • edited December 2012
    Bought a bunch off the steam sale, including one called Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. Basically a FPS but with swords and bows. Lots of replay value and very fun. There's a somewhat high learning curve. You'll probably suck at the beginning. I think most people here would enjoy it. 

oh and it's only $16 on steam. 
  • lol my former roommate got me chivalry: medieval warfare for christmas.  it is pretty fun, there's a fair bit of running to battle though.
    And as he slept he dreamed a dream, and this was his dream.
  • Dorn said:
    Tvistor sniped everything, never got close enough to take a hit, and ended up top rank.
    Sometimes I amaze myself.
  • So, I finally got my PS1 and PS2 emulators working. Got a hand onto some of the games I've played more than ten years ago.

Cried in nostalgia. I missed all the games :( Ace Combat 3, Legend of Mana, GT2, NGEN...all good stuff. Worth all the trouble installing the things.

• Erasariel said:
    So, I finally got my PS1 and PS2 emulators working. Got a hand onto some of the games I've played more than ten years ago.

Cried in nostalgia. I missed all the games :( Ace Combat 3, Legend of Mana, GT2, NGEN...all good stuff. Worth all the trouble installing the things.
    I still have my PS1 and still play this sometimes, unfortunatley my disc got scratched or something a long time ago and I can't do the New Game +, I REALLY wish they would start doing re-makes for games like those. I would totally by a new console if they came out with a new LOM and LOD! XD
  • edited January 2013
    So. How 'bout those new Pokemens.

• KitarelKitarel Edmonton, Alberta
    I just nerdgasmed all over the place.
  • Huuurrr..... No.

-goes back to playing the original Harvest Moon-
  • Eh, Generation 2 and 3 for life.

• Erasariel said:
    Eh, Generation 1 and 2 for life.
    ftfy

Actually Gen 3 is mostly fine.
  • Yeah, Gen 3 was the last great one. Liked it more for the graphics - they struck a nice balance there.

Also, I simply don't like the starters for the new games. Seriously, they got wimpier and cuter, instead of being bonafide monsters. Look at Bulbasaur or Charmander, and compare it to that frog thing. Ughhhhh.

/rant

• At the very least, they really can't get worse than Tepig and evolutions.

But goddamn, if the black/white gen is any indication, they've run dry of good ideas. I Gamefly'd Black 2, and just looked at my current party. I have a rep from every generation but 5 lol.
  • Is it bad that I don't even know what any of this evolution gen stuff means?

I got a tommy hilfiger branded yellow gameboy for christmas with pokemon blue and never play another one
  • edited January 2013
    I didn't mind the grass starter for gen 5. The other two were pretty weird. 

Also I liked rock block bug.

I still think the Gen 2 games were the most fun. I absolutely loved soul silver/heart gold.

Party right, party hard,

Sing and dance, perfect bard.

Prefarar loop, accentato whore,

Buy a new rapier, get nerfed some more.

• Gen 1 had Charizard/Blastoise. Gen 2 was also cool. Mixed feelings on 3. Everything else I can't stand.
  • With the caveat that I loved SoulSilver, and still have it within arm's reach, basically I agree with Tvistor.

This is becoming a worrying trend.
  • Also if none of you have heard of Anarchy Reigns (which wouldn't surprise me, because Sega seems to have forgotten that advertising is a thing), that just came out yesterday outside of Japan and is a lot of fun. It can be pretty brutal starting out and playing experienced people that imported, but once you get the hang of the mayhem it's great.
  • I need some good games for the Nintendo DS, currently I have these...

Radiant Historia (Really cool)
    Children of Mana (Really bored with this one, everything takes way to long)
    Infinite Space (AWESOME)
    Disgaea DS
    Ragnarock DS
    Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon
    Suikoden Tirkreis
    Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
    Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor
    Front Mission (Wish there was more to it)
    Hoshigami Remix: Ruining Blue Earth
    Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume (Boring)
    Final Fantasy III
    Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
    Spectrobes: Beyond the Portals

I suppose you can tell I like Strategy/RPG games... Stuff with lots of customization are great too!
  • Knights in the Nightmare
    Etrian Odyssey series
    Dragon Quest series (I'm especially partial to 5, liked 4/6, didn't much care for 9)
    Chrono Trigger remake is pretty obvious if you've never played it
    There's a second Devil Survivor if you enjoyed the first one, but imo first one was better, so if you didn't like it overly much wouldn't bother.
    The World Ends With You is a goddamn must-try if you own a DS, my favorite game on the system.
  • KitarelKitarel Edmonton, Alberta

I like the stag that changes looks season to season.

My honest opinion is that for every 30 terrible Pokemon they've made there's one that is pretty cool.

• That holds true for every generation. It's just coloured by nostalgia and the degree to which one's kept up with it.

Delphinus said:
    If things like Hitmonchan and Voltorb came out today, Generation I would catch the same criticism that Gen V does now. Might not be bitter, but it is absolutely Nostalg-O-Vision™.

• edited January 2013
    Infinite Space and Etrian Odyssey were two of the most awesome games I've ever had the pleasure to try, head-desk levels of difficulty notwithstanding.

Was too hardcore for me. :P

Knights in the Nightmare was just beautiful.

Nowadays, I've downloaded and played some Dynasty Warriors games (the entire 4 series plus 5 Empires, which I have but failed to bring) and Warriors Orochi. The latter is just so fun! DW4/5 Empires is just as good - the idea of customizing your entire story with even just the minor characters really, really appealed to me.

• Erasariel said:
    Synbios said:
    Finally got to try Crysis 2 in an internet cafe. So...beautiful...
    That's got to be one damn good internet cafe.
    Late reply, @Erasariel: Apparently, Razer is that internet cafe's sponsor, as evidenced by all the...50? 60? units sporting Razer keyboards and mice.

Also, Mass Effect 2. Tali. <3