Video Games

Comments

• edited April 2013
    The creators of Bastion are making a new game. Get hype.

• Ha, @Jurixe - that's exactly my feelings toward Guild Wars 2. I try playing through the quests, but it's so much more fun to get into WvW and run around blowing things up (and dying, and dying, and dying).. ha
  • Just to note - starting up a TERA setup with a couple of Achaean guys whose IGNs I don't know. Help me out, @Daklore!

Anyway, we're at Tempest Reach server. IGN is Ireru!

League of Legends: IA ROCKS (NA)
    Guild Wars 2: erasariel.1532 - Devona's Rest (NA)
    Final Fantasy XIV: Novi Selea - Cactuar (NA)
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ErasarielOfAchaea/
    Achaea: Erasariel (duh!)
  • ... Why the hell am I helping out? I can't play it.
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
  • @Erasariel wow, this is actually great news since I'm going to be installing TERA soon, at least I know where I'll be creating a new character :D
  • edited April 2013
    I know we have a lot of LoL players here, but does anyone here play Smite? Love that game
  • Played it a bit then went back to LoL. It was pretty fun and with some development in certain aspects such as items and adding in build paths it'd be really fun.
  • SherazadSherazad Planef Urth
    lol'd at a friend playing Fable 2 having a black kid with ginger hair.
    Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• I just noticed that I spent the last 8 hours playing Alpha Centauri. I didn't realise it had even been half that long.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    We should start an alpha centauri club.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • SKYRIM

IS TOO GOOD

League of Legends: IA ROCKS (NA)
    Guild Wars 2: erasariel.1532 - Devona's Rest (NA)
    Final Fantasy XIV: Novi Selea - Cactuar (NA)
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ErasarielOfAchaea/
    Achaea: Erasariel (duh!)
  • Erasariel said:
    SKYRIM

IS TOO GOOD

Skyrim's alright, but it isn't nearly as good as Oblivion or Morrowind.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Some things are better in Skyrim but I miss a lot of minor things from Oblivion like customisation. I used to make my own poisons and potions, and would give them nifty names.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Eagerly awaiting Elder Scrolls Online. Looks great. Another interesting game coming the end of this year is Watchdogs. Looks like a modern hi-tech Assassin's Creed in some ways.
    I still play Skyrim a bit, but ever since playing Achaea, anything that isn't MMO seems like it gets rather dull after a while. I have GW2 and it's alright, but not really as impressive as they hyped it up to be. Anyone have other MMO recommendations?
  • Azzad said:
    I know we have a lot of LoL players here, but does anyone here play Smite? Love that game

My brother plays that. His new best bud is Hermes. 

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Just a quick question, but does anyone play Black Ops 2 or Battlefield 3 on PS3? If so, feel free to add me: UNST3R_BLICH.

• Just a quick question. Did anyone ever play Angband or other rogue-like games, whatsoever?
    Light prevails, always
  • Shibumi said:
    Just a quick question. Did anyone ever play Angband or other rogue-like games, whatsoever?
    I do, I have them on my phone in the original ascii and play them on the train.
  • Shibumi said:
    Just a quick question. Did anyone ever play Angband or other rogue-like games, whatsoever?
    Not as actively as I used to, but I love roguelikes. I prefer graphical ones, though.
  • Skyrim was completely and utterly awful. That said,

Dragon's DOGMAAA
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • And now I am stuck with FTL, thank you @Cobra , thank you, I will remember this!

Really it is a very nice game, funny as hell.
    Light prevails, always
  • FTL is pretty cool.

• I love FTL, until something (normally the last boss) makes me ragequit. Then I go back to it again.

It's like Achaea but over a few hours.
  • Any tips for a Dungeon Crawl High Elf Skald?

• Well, it kind of unforgiving and unfair. A typical rogue-like game. I never reached the last boss...I loved weird worlds too, but this one is so much better.
    Light prevails, always
  • Santar said:
    Erasariel said:
    SKYRIM

IS TOO GOOD

morrowind > skyrim > oblivion
  • Yue said:
    Santar said:
    Erasariel said:
    SKYRIM

IS TOO GOOD

morrowind > skyrim > oblivion
    No, that's not correct. Skyrim is the worst one. It's literally just pretty with no depth.

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    It has the same depth as oblivion + olaf and the dragon. Both games failed me though. I still play morrowind.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • I'm not sure which is better between Oblivion and Skyrim, but Morrowind is definitely the best.
  • Shibumi said:
    And now I am stuck with FTL, thank you @Cobra , thank you, I will remember this!

Really it is a very nice game, funny as hell.
    Dear @Shibumi,

FTL is mindless fun for however long you can stand losing...Grinding sectors yet? Some runs to the last boss in FTL get me so angry! I have yet to beat it myself.  Anyone had the pleasure?  

Haven't tried Skyrim just yet...Seems I am not missing much?  Oblivion is a solid game...But could they make the characters any less attractive?  I thought Fallout 3 was a bit better when it came down to the "fun" factor and sexiness of the characters, but I really like the cut scenes in Dragon Age 1 and 2...That static camera in Elder Scrolls has got to go!  Did they improve on the characters portraits and cut scenes at all? (I hope so)

Hope you all are having a great week!

Take care,

Cobra