Moods - Suggest new ones

Comments

• TarausTaraus The Gypsy Wind
    Nevermind, didn't matter what the messages were, bought it anyhow.

• Practical, studious, focused, analytical. 

(I've got a little scientist on my hands here.) 
  • Quisse said:

Practical, studious, focused, analytical. 

(I've got a little scientist on my hands here.) 
    A million times yes.

I have undressed a god.

• Inattentive. And then make people automatically switch to it after X minutes of inactivity.

(Just kidding about the second one, although that'd be a cool thing to script)

• Overjoyed? I think it's a bit different from excited.
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    I'm blanking on something for yells that didn't exactly mirror shouts, but here's my attempt for a SHADOW mood.

Mood: SHADOW

Adoption Messages
    You see: Shadows dance at the edges of your vision as tendrils of darkness wreathe slowly about you.
    Others see: Tendrils of shadow streak towards Sarapis, shrouding his features and body in enveloping darkness.

Room LOOK
    Shrouded in swirling shadow, Sarapis stands here, his features barely discernible.

Movement Messages
    Entering: Darkness descends as Sarapis enters from the west, wreathed in a swirling, tenebrous miasma.
    Exiting: Shadows recede in Sarapis's wake as he vanishes to the east, leaving the room noticeably brighter.

SAY TO Messages
    In a smooth, low voice like silken shadow, you say to Tecton, "Blah blah blah."
    His voice smooth and low like silken shadow, Sarapis says to you, "Blah blah blah."
    His voice smooth and low like silken shadow, Sarapis says to Tecton, "Blah blah blah."

TELL Messages
    Shadows darken the edges of your vision as you tell Tecton, "Blah blah blah."
    Shadows darken the edges of your vision as Sarapis's words weave into your mind, "Blah blah blah."

YELL Messages

SHOUT Messages
    Shadows stream away from you in all directions, carrying your words as you shout, "Blah blah blah."
    Echoing eerily, Sarapis's voice emanates from all the darkest corners of the land, "Blah blah blah."
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• How do the Ice/Fire/Wind moods pertain to function? Similar to what @Jurixe suggested in terms of flavor?

Fire - 4mc
    Ice - 4mc
    Wind - 4mc

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • How do the Ice/Fire/Wind moods pertain to function? Similar to what @Jurixe suggested in terms of flavor?

Fire - 4mc
    Ice - 4mc
    Wind - 4mc
    Answered here and down.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited April 2014
    Okay! Did some brainstorming and came up with a water mood, as well as some improvements on the serene mood (since it's kind of bland right now). For @Sarapis!

Mood: WATER
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Adoption Messages                                                      (Active)
    You see   : A twisting cascade of water begins to swirl around you, surrounding your frame and filling your mind.
    Others see: A twisting cascade of water begins to swirl around Melodie, creating a loose globe about her form.

Room LOOK                                                              (Active)
    Melodie Le'Murzen, Arcthyos lingers in dulcet repose, tendrils of coiling water surrounding her.

Movement Messages                                                      (Active)
    Entering : With fluid grace, Melodie glides in from the north.
    Exiting  : Melodie departs to the north, flowing water dispersing in her wake.

SAY Messages                                                           (Active)
    You see   : You fluidly say, "Blah blah blah."
    Others see: Melodie fluidly says, "Blah blah blah."

SAY TO Messages                                                        (Active)
    You see   : You fluidly say to Haidion, "Blah blah blah."
    Rcpt sees : Melodie fluidly says to you, "Blah blah blah."
    Others see: Melodie fluidly says to Haidion, "Blah blah blah."

TELL Messages                                                          (Active)
    You see   : Your words echoing through a veil of mist, you tell Haidion, the Wanderer, "Blah blah blah."
    Others see: Through a veil of fine mist, Melodie tells you, "Blah blah blah."

YELL Messages                                                          (Active)
    You see   : Words echoing through tendrils of mist, you yell, "Blah blah blah."
    Others see: Words echoing through tendrils of mist, Melodie yells, "Blah blah blah"

SHOUTing Voice                                                         (Active)
    You see   : Lucid waves of watery grace infuses your bellowed cry, "Blah blah blah."
    Others see: Cascading across the firmament, lucid waves of watery grace infuses Melodie's cry, "Blah blah blah."

Mood: SERENE
    You see   : Serenity now.
    Others see: A sudden calm washes over Melodie's features, and a serene smile graces her lips.

Melodie Le'Murzen, Arcthyos lingers here, serenity evident in her features.

Entering : Hands laced before her, Melodie enters from the north with a serene countenance.
    Exiting  : Melodie leaves serenely to the southeast, each step smooth and graceful.

You see   : You say serenely, "Blah blah blah."
    Others see: Melodie says serenely, "Blah blah blah."

You see   : You serenely say to Haidion, "Blah blah blah."
    Rcpt sees : Melodie serenely says to you, "Blah blah blah."
    Others see: Melodie serenely says to Haidion, "Blah blah blah."

You see   : Projecting your serene presense, you tell Haidion, the Wanderer, "Blah blah blah."
    Others see: A faint presence of serenity brushes against your mind as Melodie tells you, "Blah blah blah."

You see   : You serenely yell, "Blah blah blah."
    Others see: Melodie serenely yells, "Blah blah blah"

You see   : You serenely intone, "Blah blah blah."
    Others see: Calm serenity evident in her tone, Melodie shouts, "Blah blah blah"

I couldn't think of much for serene yelling, and I didn't want to get too fancy with it in case the public ones are supposed to be slightly more relaxed.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • AgriasAgrias Wisconsin
    Mood: LISTLESS
    You see   : Your mind wanders and your body grows tired.
    Others see: Agrias hunches his shoulders and slouches slightly.

Sir Agrias de Feura, the Charlatan is here looking off into the distance, listlessly.

Entering : Agrias trudges in from the southeast.
    Exiting  : Agrias shuffles off to the southeast.

You see   : You listlessly say, "Blah blah blah."
    Others see: Agrias listlessly says, "Blah blah blah."

You see   : You listlessly say to Haidion, "Blah blah blah."
    Rcpt sees : Agrias listlessly says to you, "Blah blah blah."
    Others see: Agrias listlessly says to Haidion, "Blah blah blah."

You see   : You listlessly tell Haidion, the Wanderer, "Blah blah blah."
    Others see: Agrias listlessly tells you, "Blah blah blah."

You see   : Uncaring, you yell, "Blah blah blah."
    Others see: Agrias yells, in a listless voice, "Blah blah blah"

You see   : You listlessly shout, "Blah blah blah."
    Others see: Agrias, listlessly shouts, "Blah blah blah"
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Anyway of checking how the shop of wonders moods look before buying them?

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• AgriasAgrias Wisconsin
    They MC ones (Fire/Ice/Wind) are over in the Quick Questions topic in the forums, @Shirszae.
  • I want to be bored.

Not... you know... bored bored. I just want to look it. In the text game. With special flavor text that says so.

It's the special flavor text I want, not actually being bored. N-not that I want that either - ideally I don't ever want to be bored enough to use it, b-but it'd still be useful a-and stuff.

St-stop questioning me! :c

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Add a wistful one while we are at it, pretty please?

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

Silas said:
    I like the idea of a shadow mood, because it's thematically cool, but the one proposed is basically just Twilight's existing character. The shadows for the mood should be much more subtle, as should the moods in general. It's a bit lacklustre to see how the moods are just a cut/paste job with the mood title appended into the different messages.

Great idea overall, though - always a fan of greater character customisation options.
    I realised that while I was writing it, actually, but was distracted because at work/couldn't think of better ways to phrase it at the moment, so I figured I'd just throw up what I have and maybe someone else could rephrase it better than I can. It's hard to strike that balance between being subtle enough for use without going to the complete other spectrum, as you said, and just being 'Silas is standing here, looking shadowy.'

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

I wonder if the third person message for the adoption of the Predatory mood could be modified, as well, to make it more descriptive - perhaps something simple like 'Bloodlust gleams in Jurixe's eyes as she adopts a predatory stance.'?

• CaoimhaenCaoimhaen Targossas
    edited April 2014
    Maybe we could have one for bloodlust and or murderous? I am not sure what predatory looks like yet.

What might be cool is if there was an artifact to which you could invent moods at will or something. Or maybe have something like an ice sculpture(think thats what you use to customize stuff..) and make it so you can submit a mood idea and get it approved for your own one of a kind mood that is truly yours. Just an idea.

• See latest announce news:

ANNOUNCE NEWS #4109 (04/16/2014 at 07:14)

To : Everyone

Subject: viewing purchasable moods

Any mood that's either public or for sale will now be able to be viewed with MOOD <mood name> SHOW.

So, if you're at the Shop of Wonders and aren't sure what a mood looks like, this will sort you out.

Penned by My hand on the 18th of Ero, in the year 652 AF.

• @Sarapis, I'm not sure if this has been asked, but will there be an 'electric' mood on a similar vein to Fire/Wind/Ice released?

Of anything, I'd say that'd suit my character most.
  • OuraniaOurania The Garden of the Gods
    Yeah, try not to copy what a God is. We like you, but not that much ;) 

• RipRip
    edited April 2014
    "Mood Rings"  Please add a little 'RIP' engraved on the inside of the band.

My first experience was to turn MOOD SAYS OFF and maybe design my own randomness to it.  Like 5% of the time I will turn on my mood while speaking in public, anyway, much to do!  Cheers!

Edit: Yes yes, a missing "the" ruins my entire life!

• Order moods I wouldn't mind so much as a Divine could control those as a mini-me type effect! Could be pretty cool actually.
  • AgriasAgrias Wisconsin
    What about old Order moods?  Because I would buy a luck/gambling themed mood SO HARD.  SO, SO HARD.  I would buy the fuck out of it and force the rest of my old ordermates to do the same.