Ask your Producer: Year 650 Edition

Comments

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Oceana said:
    Can we make it illegal again for thieves to drop selfishness, except for infamous players maybe? It seems that the measures you have to take to protect your belongings are much more complicated than the thieving itself. 
    Nope, no plans to! Vigilance is the key!
    Tarkanian said:
    For Weaponry: will the changes involve tweaking or changing a knight's reliance on venoms?

Regarding venoms/elixirs/potions/et al: will a liquid rift be implemented soon? I think I read somewhere that it's being seriously considered?

Apologies in advance if the two questions have been asked/answered before. Thank you.
    Weaponry: Not really, we'd like to flesh out blunt weapons as a viable option though, which wouldn't have venoms.
    Liquid rift: Might be!
    Suladan said:
    One thing to mention in the upcoming tradeskills update and moving venoms away from Serpents - currently biting camus is the only viable method of serpents bashing some high level denizens. Garrote with Lash/whip doesn't cut it as they just get dodged, including artefact lashes. Maybe this is part of the weaponry overhaul, but otherwise we'd either need a replacement skill to cover that or we're just SOL on those until dragon.

Probably this is already being thought with, but wanted to mention it just in case.
    Yep, something we're hoping to fix up with the reworked stats.
  • So, about Help Namechange...
    Let's start a support group. :p
  • Tecton said:
    Tarkanian said:
    For Weaponry: will the changes involve tweaking or changing a knight's reliance on venoms?

Regarding venoms/elixirs/potions/et al: will a liquid rift be implemented soon? I think I read somewhere that it's being seriously considered?

Apologies in advance if the two questions have been asked/answered before. Thank you.
    Weaponry: Not really, we'd like to flesh out blunt weapons as a viable option though, which wouldn't have venoms.
    Liquid rift: Might be!
    ohohohohoho! i like!
  • Would it ever be possible to add trait slots past level 90 (so 100, 110, 120, etc)?  More incentive to keep hunting. 

• AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    edited March 2014
    Is there actually a limit to how much essence a Divine can have at any one time? Not wanting to overoffer to Anyone and They not even be able to use it.

Anaidiana said:
    Would it ever be possible to add trait slots past level 90 (so 100, 110, 120, etc)?  More incentive to keep hunting. 
    It's technically possible, yes. 
    Amanu said:
    Is there actually a limit to how much essence a Divine can have at any one time? Not wanting to overoffer to Anyone and They not even be able to use it.
    Well there is a technical limit, but we just put some in reserve if people hit it - so, no limit on usable essence. 
  • When is the next Great Hunt?
  • Any other conflict systems in the making?

Basically something that doesn't require a player to be proactive about initiating conflict.  Maybe an item or resource to fight over once a day?
  • Tecton said:
    Amanu said:
    Well there is a technical limit, but we just put some in reserve if people hit it - so, no limit on usable essence. 
    So uh ... has Artemis hit that limit and how much is in reserve? :D

Tecton said:
    Anaidiana said:
    Would it ever be possible to add trait slots past level 90 (so 100, 110, 120, etc)?  More incentive to keep hunting. 
    Will you be doing this at some point?  What about dragon traits, are you considering those at any point to make dragons more unique (especially now that they actually have varying kill possibilities)?
  • Jhui said:
    Any other conflict systems in the making?

Basically something that doesn't require a player to be proactive about initiating conflict.  Maybe an item or resource to fight over once a day?
    LANDMARKING
    Jovolo said:
    When is the next Great Hunt?
    Soon(tm) - we have an xp contest as part of Y650 though, so that should sate your craving!
    Jhui said:
    Any other conflict systems in the making?

Yeah, we're always pondering ideas. I definitely want to do some things with Icons, making them a bit more integrated into the game and used a bit more.
  • Tecton said:
    Jovolo said:
    When is the next Great Hunt?
    Soon(tm) - we have an xp contest as part of Y650 though, so that should sate your craving!
    I can't create an alt in that, you tease.
    Penwize said:
    So uh ... has Artemis hit that limit and how much is in reserve? :D

Tecton said:
    Anaidiana said:
    Will you be doing this at some point?  What about dragon traits, are you considering those at any point to make dragons more unique (especially now that they actually have varying kill possibilities)?
    Essence: She hasn't hit it yet, no!

Traits: No plans to, no. Even with the changes to major and minor traits, they still offer some small PvP benefit in most cases, and we're not planning on giving more PvP combat advantage as a reward for bashing.
  • When's the next call for mortal builders?
    Anedhel said:
    When's the next call for mortal builders?
    When we need some more! They're not as "scheduled" as say, Celani calls 
  • Oh! Let's have people make more bashing areas! <3
    Just a heads-up, I'll be closing this off at the Serenade tonight (in just under 7 hours). I won't be able to get all the stuff I said I would be doing if I'm checking this thread constantly!

(plus Y650 is days away and I still haven't decided what I'll be wearing!)
  • Tecton said:
    Just a heads-up, I'll be closing this off at the Serenade tonight (in just under 7 hours). I won't be able to get all the stuff I said I would be doing if I'm checking this thread constantly!

(plus Y650 is days away and I still haven't decided what I'll be wearing!)
    You don't work in the nude?
  • The one costume that's in fashion everywhere!
  • Anedhel said:
    The one costume that's in fashion everywhere!
    Gandma?
  • AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    It's Tecton, not Lord Sarapis(who is somehow clothed and naked)

• AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    In the Godhood process, does a person get to pick one of vacate Divine or is it a different process?

Amanu said:
    In the Godhood process, does a person get to pick one of vacate Divine or is it a different process?
    Yes, we don't force people into godroles that they don't want ;)
  • AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    edited March 2014
    Any chance of new City Improvements being added in the seeable future?

(I know I'm not asking everything at once. Just throwing down when I think of them so I don't forget.)

• ShadracShadrac Denton, TX
    Not sure if you are able to share numbers on this but...

How many unique logins do you have per month or year (whatever is easiest) and how many of those do percentage-wise do you retain for a period of time?

Out of players, what percentage make use of purchasing credits with real money?
    Amanu said:
    Any chance of new City Improvements being added in the seeable future? (I know I'm not asking everything at once. Just throwing down when I think of them so I don't forget.)
    Yep, we were just talking about that the other day!
This discussion has been closed.