Memorable quotes

Comments

• Kiet has argued that the best house in Mhaldor was the Naga as well, so take what he says with a grain of salt.

• JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    edited November 2018
    I wasn't around for Ren, was Ashtani and dormant by that time. What you say about defections doesn't surprise me that much: my best guess is that what you describe comes from the organizational RP flavor of the Naga as a sort of secretive, insular family. I was never non-Naga Mhaldorian so honestly have no idea what it seemed like from the outside. Really, I think it was more fun that way, in an unreliable-narrator kind of way, but I also don't have to deal with assimilating ex-Naga into a new Mhaldorian org.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Cooper said:
    Kiet has argued that the best house in Mhaldor was the Naga as well, so take what he says with a grain of salt.
    I am very confused now.

• edited November 2018
    Cooper said:
    Kiet has argued that the best house in Mhaldor was the Naga as well, so take what he says with a grain of salt.
    ? it was my favorite house, but I think the Maldaathi and BC were both equally good houses, too, and I invested more time in the BC than the naga across my characters. ICly, of course Kiet would be closer to Naga in general, though, since he's been a serpent for centuries, lol. That doesn't mean I either IC or OOC cling to their existence, and your implication that I do is some ernam level stuff. In fact, if we had to keep two houses from the old Mhaldor I'd pick Maldaathi first and BC second, not naga.

Jiraishin said:
    I wasn't around for Ren, was Ashtani and dormant by that time. What you say about defections doesn't surprise me that much: my best guess is that what you describe comes from the organizational RP flavor of the Naga as a sort of secretive, insular family. I was never non-Naga Mhaldorian so honestly have no idea what it seemed like from the outside. Really, I think it was more fun that way, in an unreliable-narrator kind of way, but I also don't have to deal with assimilating ex-Naga into a new Mhaldorian org.
    Yeah, being secretive and doing your own thing was part of the fun of the naga, but the insular nature that came with it ultimately hurt the org, imo. You can see this with how mediocre both membership and leadership got for long periods towards the end.

• Maldaathi guild or bust
  • Morthif said:
    Maldaathi guild or bust
    Naga 4 lyfe, mate

• Kiet said:
    it's not like the House was poisonous or anything
    false, look at AB VENOM
  • Zackery said:
    Kiet said:
    it's not like the House was poisonous or anything
    false, look at AB VENOM
    Venomous =/= poisonous, gosh.

Now, the lycopod salads the House sold, -those- were poisonous...

• What does the Atlantia bow do? 

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • What does the Atlantia bow do? 
    Iirc it dramatically decreases miss chance due to distance

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Alasiel said:
    When veilglancing into the gold dragon lair:
    Hoisted nearby upon a steel frame, a war banner of the Dread Legates presides. The Golden Dragon
    Aegoth's imposing form looms. The Golden Dragon Farrah's imposing form looms.

It's not what it looks like! :(
  • Aww yiss. Time to lay back and sponge off the other gold dragon's  work.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Tahquil said:
    Aww yiss. Time to lay back and sponge off the other gold dragon's  work.
    I'm pretty sure you're the highest xp rated gold dragon.  So we will mooch off you.
  • edited November 2018
    You know all my gold goes to languages bby. I ain’t got spare coin for the hoard. You boys just keep me in those bonuses tho... MmmmHhmmmmm
  • (Party): You say, "That was enjoyable."

(Clan): Achilles says, "Jiraishin kills like 12 people."

(Clan): Achilles says, "Says, mmm was good."

• Only 12?
  • Aegoth said:
    Only 12?
    Yeah I need to step it up :(

• Gross. You're gross
  • Aegoth said:
    Gross. You're gross
    Yep, that's pretty gross. I'm impressed by the level of detail.
  • Definitely gross.
  • Huh, that'd explain why he tends to stand very still for extended periods of time.
  • Penwize said:
    Huh, that'd explain why he tends to stand very still for extended periods of time.
    He has the costume and everything. If he moves, someone didn't implant him properly. 

• Reading through vlua gmcp to try to find a variable I wanted, and I found...

{
                id = "777",
                attrib = "L",
                name = "the Staff of Nicator",
                icon = "lamp"
              },

????

i'm a rebel