Memorable quotes

Comments

• edited March 2017
    Dunn said:
    Meh. I'm going to chase you if you're locked or enlightened. Hire if you need to. It's become a rarer occurrence since they made prone (and paralyse?) stop wishing, though. 
    See this is perfectly reasonable though. You're accepting the consequences of your actions by means of getting what you wanted: the kill. It is when people try to defend why they have a -right- to be smacking you out of an open pk area, that it becomes dumb..

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    I'm kinda on the fence on this one. One one hand, yeah. Hire on them if they chase you out. It's a death.

On the other hand, people who consistently end up saying "Oh it's just a death, hire and get over it" because they have little to no regard for the time or enjoyment of other players and just kill people in situations like this cause they know they can get away with it can go die in a fire. Preferably one started by some Divine lightning striking their leafy form.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Not sure why noncoms think they're entitled to escape PK, or be able to enjoy Annwyn. Nonccoms can accept consequences and stop being whiny bitches. Get chased, motherfuckers
  • Aegoth said:
    Not sure why noncoms think they're entitled to escape PK, or be able to enjoy Annwyn. Nonccoms can accept consequences and stop being whiny bitches. Get chased, motherfuckers

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Stop posting pictures of me after the wedding, gdi Aegoth.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • edited March 2017
    Aegoth said:
    Not sure why noncoms think they're entitled to escape PK, or be able to enjoy Annwyn. Nonccoms can accept consequences and stop being whiny bitches. Get chased, motherfuckers
    Not sure why coms think they're entitled to alter the rules to their needs, or be able to ruin other people's enjoyment in Annwyn. Coms can accept the consequences of breaking the rules and stop being whiny bitches. Get shrubbed, motherfuckers.

Edit: Before anyone takes this too seriously I wouldn't wish getting shrubbed on anyone. Except the Dajio's out there maybe. They can get shrubbed.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    edited March 2017
    Memorable quotes, muddyfunsters, get with the programme. Here's another really memorable quote, strangely appropriate to this memorable quotes thread:

You detect nothing here by that name.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • might makes right. Sorry bub. Tale your tears elsewhere
  • Bruh if you say my line again we're gonna have a talk, @Aegoth

• Aegoth said:
    might makes right. Sorry bub. Tale your tears elsewhere
    Okay... back on topic I guess :(

You say, "This is a tale of many tears."

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Memorable forum quotes:
    Anytus said:
    Greetings! Regarding your issue #67929: Attacks must have a roleplay reason as outlined in HELP PK. When you leave the planes, so too does your roleplay reason to be fighting, so no, fights should not carry on once the players have left the plane.
    Jacen said:
    Seems pretty simple to me. If you're PKing someone in Annwyn/UW for the sole reason that those are Open PK areas, then you no longer have the right to PK them once they exit that area. If you have additional reasons to PK them, then go for it as per normal.

Think of the Treacherous Planes as Vegas: What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.
    Scarlatti said:
    See: Jacen's Vegas explanation.
  • Tbh.

Now that I've gotten in the combat scene and dragon...

I don't see why 1 death is affecting anyone that is a dragon.

It's like 0.1% XP.  If you don't have an alias for farsee dunn / farsee xaden / farsee jhui / farsee x / etc etc when you enter Annwyn, thats your own fault.  If you're in Annwyn, getting samples, make sure to hell that you are checking you QW and farseeing that list ASAP.  If they're not there, it won't waste your eq.  If they are veiled, you'll get a "You see naught but darkness." and no eq loss.  If they aren't, it's an EQ loss, but then you no to G T F O.

Dying below 90 is a bit rough though.  "I lost 8% of my level and that 8% took me like an hour of hunting."
  • Ignore Fred. Do not farsee for me. Thank you.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Two steps to not die in Annwyn if it's that important
    create 1 minute timer to farsee gemmed people
    if in annwyn then activate timer(farsee gemmed people)
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • Easier step: If dying is such a big deal to you, don't go to Annwyn????
  • Hard not to when the xp and gold are so good in the 80s, and it's actually super easy to escape if you're paying attention.
  • Can't enjoy all the benefits of Annwyn without also accepting the fact that you'll get hunted there!
     <3 
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Prin in the 80s so much better.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• ^ Agreed. Outer islands so wonderful for late midbie levels, not to mention very relaxing and carefree. Tuar and Ageiro became campsites for me.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    If you're hunting Prin mid-80s you and Makarios need to have a serious talk about class balance.
    Huh. Neat.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    edited March 2017
    I was doing Prin and Annwyn and Underworld and sometimes ducal guards before the trait changes. Knight traits + level 3 everything = tanky af plus massive damage.

Not to mention runes and old fullplate with 104/109 stats. 

I used to annoy Penwize so much, stealing half his hunting spots.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• I'm not even tri-trans, seafaring is a long way away. I'll stick to Chaghut, Mirror Caves, and lower Sirocco for now.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    I think all of you who are arguing the rules are clearly missing the point that NO one is complaining about dying IN Annwyn.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Skye said:
    Frederich said:
    Tbh.

Now that I've gotten in the combat scene and dragon...

I don't see why 1 death is affecting anyone that is a dragon.

It's like 0.1% XP.  If you don't have an alias for farsee dunn / farsee xaden / farsee jhui / farsee x / etc etc when you enter Annwyn, thats your own fault.  If you're in Annwyn, getting samples, make sure to hell that you are checking you QW and farseeing that list ASAP.  If they're not there, it won't waste your eq.  If they are veiled, you'll get a "You see naught but darkness." and no eq loss.  If they aren't, it's an EQ loss, but then you no to G T F O.

Dying below 90 is a bit rough though.  "I lost 8% of my level and that 8% took me like an hour of hunting."
    Well there are a lot of people who will do just about anything to avoid a PVP death, even if it means not logging in for days or playing cat and mouse until the bounty/contract timer runs out. At the same time they'll complain they can't play the game because X is always waiting for them to leave the city. Then when you tell them 'well why don't you just go out and face him?' they're like 'I can't do that! I don't want him to win!'.

So it's not really about the exp, it's just about losing.
    this is what atlatls are for
  • Why is this thread suddenly Annwyn?
  • edited March 2017
    Kayeil said:
    I think all of you who are arguing the rules are clearly missing the point that NO one is complaining about dying IN Annwyn.
    Idk Avianca seemed p mad.