Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Quick Questions

Comments

• RyxRyx Member Posts: 67 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    So I now have two skills called Pierce, the Battlerage one and the Jewellery one. I have my Nexus buttons set to default (so pierce @tar), but now when I hit the button it tells me I need a piecing needle. If I type it manually, like "pierce ogre", it uses the Battlerage ability appropriately. If I type the ID number, like "pierce 55555", it wants the needle again.

Is there a way I can have the button refer to the Battlerage Pierce specifically? Or otherwise have an alias or reflex that doesn't depend on me typing the name each time?
  • VinzentVinzent Member Posts: 157 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Does Appraise not count as aggressive with a veil?

• SophiSophi Member Posts: 41 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Appraise is not an aggressive action
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United StatesMember Posts: 6,200 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Ryx said:
    So I now have two skills called Pierce, the Battlerage one and the Jewellery one. I have my Nexus buttons set to default (so pierce @tar), but now when I hit the button it tells me I need a piecing needle. If I type it manually, like "pierce ogre", it uses the Battlerage ability appropriately. If I type the ID number, like "pierce 55555", it wants the needle again.

Is there a way I can have the button refer to the Battlerage Pierce specifically? Or otherwise have an alias or reflex that doesn't depend on me typing the name each time?
    Not sure if this will work, but try 'battlerage pierce @tar". Either way, sounds like might be a bug.

Ryx
  • YselaYsela Member Posts: 143 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    The website fades out/gets darker and "locks" (can't click links or highlight text, etc) when I scroll down. Is that just me? Suggestions for fixing? On Firefox 67.0.4
  • NicolaNicola Administrator Posts: 784 Achaean staff
    Ysela said:
    The website fades out/gets darker and "locks" (can't click links or highlight text, etc) when I scroll down. Is that just me? Suggestions for fixing? On Firefox 67.0.4
    It sounds like there's a popup activating that you're not seeing. There's recently been the addition of a newsletter popup prompt that appears the once. The screen goes dark when it's behind that popup.
    VinzentYsela
  • TorinnTorinn Member Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    edited July 2
     I dont get that behavior on mobile chrome.  It may be the new "sign up for our email" pop-up that happens, do you see that?
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
    Ysela
  • YselaYsela Member Posts: 143 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    @Nicola @Torinn Disabling adblock and duckduckgo did reveal a popup, that when clicked solved it. Thank you
    TorinnNicola
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United StatesMember Posts: 6,200 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Anyone else getting spammed by the newsletter popup on the site? I'm already signed up for the newsletter, so not sure why it keeps popping up each time.

RyxTorinnNumiraAyani
  • CailinCailin Member Posts: 319 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Kresslack said:
    Anyone else getting spammed by the newsletter popup on the site? I'm already signed up for the newsletter, so not sure why it keeps popping up each time.
    Same, and yes. It is so annoying :(
  • NicolaNicola Administrator Posts: 784 Achaean staff
    For those seeing the newsletter popup more than once you might want to see if cookies are disabled for www.achaea.com. Cookies are how it tracks whether or not you've seen the popup. If cookies are disabled, it will constantly think you've not been provided the popup.
  • TorinnTorinn Member Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    I have cookies enabled and it keeps popping up.  (I am clicking the X though, I don't like email newsletters of any kind)
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
    Torinn said:
    I have cookies enabled and it keeps popping up. 
    Same. This only started happening recently, within about a couple of days.

• CooperCooper IowaMember Posts: 5,121 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Is this lag just me? Can't even ask in game!

• NumiraNumira Member Posts: 71 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    I had that too, restarted mudlet and was fine after a minute
  • RyxRyx Member Posts: 67 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Also had that problem around your post time.
  • CailinCailin Member Posts: 319 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    So did I, thought it was just my end
    Ryx
    Cooper said:
    Is this lag just me? Can't even ask in game!
    Yep, same. Ictinus said they were looking into it on the Discord.

• VinzentVinzent Member Posts: 157 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Wait what.
    Vinzent said:
    Wait what.
    There was a massive lag spike earlier this evening.

VinzentRyssaMroxyl
  • KeorinKeorin Member Posts: 753 @ - Epic Achaean
    So, random question here, but does anyone have the description of the old Zarathustran Eagle? I finally read up on the lore on it, and I'm curious now what it actually looked like.
  • KeorinKeorin Member Posts: 753 @ - Epic Achaean
    I will maintain that lore getting pulled into lolfreedom nonsense is a damned tragedy.

Rip Zarathustra. One of the game's greatest historic generals, roped into a meme and then brushed ignobly off the stage.
    IakimenShirszae
    Tried the Sojourn game at the world fair but was getting frustrated when I was trying to buy supplies, and it was taking the gold without giving me provisions. For those that have played previously, is this typical? I bugged it and got a "working as intended" message.

• TaryiusTaryius Member Posts: 670 @ - Epic Achaean
    Kresslack said:
    Tried the Sojourn game at the world fair but was getting frustrated when I was trying to buy supplies, and it was taking the gold without giving me provisions. For those that have played previously, is this typical? I bugged it and got a "working as intended" message.
    It is, you need to buy provisions once for each party member before your days worth of supplies goes up.

If you have four people, you need four provisions for 1 day of food. Its a little confusing at first because your food is stored in # of provisions, but displayed in # of days to be fed.
    Taryius said:
    Kresslack said:
    It is, you need to buy provisions once for each party member before your days worth of supplies goes up.

If you have four people, you need four provisions for 1 day of food. Its a little confusing at first because your food is stored in # of provisions, but displayed in # of days to be fed.
    Ok, that's good to know. Thanks!

• AkhvarAkhvar Member Posts: 10
    Are battleaxes good for anything, or just outclassed by scims in every way? The axe only skills seem pretty cool. Would there be any merit to wielding one of each? Could you use all the axe and sword only skills then? Or would that just make tracking limbs even worse?
  • ArmaliArmali Member, Secret Squirrel Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Battleaxes are good for damaging out low resistance unartied people. The axe only skills are situational and since you can wield weapons without cost, you just swap to them when you need to use those specific skills. There is no merit in wielding one of each.
  • GrorGror Member Posts: 50 ✭✭ - Stalwart
    Okay. How does dual cutting work in general? Afflictions kind of turn me off but I guess if it just throws out some hindrance that would be okay. How does it compare to dual blunt? Not sure what blunt can all do.
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Member Posts: 329 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Gror said:
     Afflictions kind of turn me off 
    oof
Sign In to Comment.