Quick Questions

Comments

• Yes. Runeblades can't  be wielded by non Runewardens

Imho, if you are going to spend lessons on a second class it would seem a waste to have two knight classes. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • I was actually more likely going with depthswalker or apostate, and avoid a second knight. But runewarden was still an idea and that was something I wanted to know! Thanks
  • Sobriquet said:
    Yes. Runeblades can't  be wielded by non Runewardens

Imho, if you are going to spend lessons on a second class it would seem a waste to have two knight classes. 
    This hasn't been true for RL years now. Runeblades can be wielded by non-Runewardens, they just don't get any of the effects from Lagul/Lagua/Laguz or the runeblade rune procs. Runic Armour can similarly be worn by non-Runewardens, but they don't benefit from the additional cutting/blunt protection.
  • Oh, I can't wield my weapons in Dragon at all, so assumed it was the same for other classes

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • edited December 2017
    Infernal is amazing fun...or was back in the day. I dont know how well it functions now

I adored vivisect
  • Asmodron said:
    Infernal is amazing fun...or was back in the day. I dont know how well it functions now

I adored vivisect

I used to love vivisecting people.  It was more technical feeling than Judgement (which I also liked).  But the behead and Cleave messages always made me smile when I ripped one off.

Now I'm struggling just to figure out macro and alias combos to make Extirpate easier (don't want to automate it).  Having a jacked up left hand and not remembering how I used to do venom combos for knights is making it weird for some reason.  I can't just brute force it at 140wpm. More like 60.

• I accidentally hired an extra 20 crew members for ship#2 (which was at another harbour) when it was meant for ship#1. 

Ship#2 now has 90 crew members.. is there any way to get rid of these guys? 

Also, is the hiring across harbours a bug?
  • Don't tell @Greys, but one time I hired some extra crew, I just killed the extras >.>
     <3 
  • Mathilda said:
    Don't tell @Greys, but one time I hired some extra crew, I just killed the extras >.>
    But those are shipmates no? I cant see my crew!
  • Dairon said:
    I accidentally hired an extra 20 crew members for ship#2 (which was at another harbour) when it was meant for ship#1. 

Ship#2 now has 90 crew members.. is there any way to get rid of these guys? 

Also, is the hiring across harbours a bug?
    ㅒOk, so @Mindshell gave me the answer in game so putting it up here in case anyone else is curious. 

HARBOUR CREW DISMISS is a thing. 

@Mathilda

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Hiring across harbours is not a bug, afaik.

If your ship sinks in a natural harbour and all your crew dies, you would not be able to move it again if you couldn't hire new crew from afar.
  • Krypton said:
    Hiring across harbours is not a bug, afaik.

If your ship sinks in a natural harbour and all your crew dies, you would not be able to move it again if you couldn't hire new crew from afar.
    Damn.. I brought another ship down to Tapoa tried to figure out how to move crew, ended up not being able to row on one of the ships for the journey back. 

Stuff like this should be on the help scrolls!
  • I sailed my boat all around Achaea looking for crew (having walked the harbours to check there was stuff for hire) and by the time I got there they were all gone! It really does need to be more prominent.
  • Is Lucrescent nut named after Lucretius?
  • Cailin said:
    Is Lucrescent nut named after Lucretius?
    Yes.
  • Are ice figurines tradeable/redeemable? If so, for how much?
  • No, but you can effectively sell customisations (except resetting) by having someone give you the item so you can use the figurine to customise it.
  • Apologies if this isn't the place to ask, but I keep getting the line
    "As you inhale the spores, you feel suddenly revitalised."
    and I can't see anything in my diagnose or defences that might be causing it, and I'm not entirely sure what it's actually doing when it tics.
  • Does Achaea still have RP gods/volunteers? I know, at one point, Achaea had specified gods for RP events.
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

@Serai It is a health regen bonus Druids can give you while you are standing in any room that says: "Vines have overtaken this location."
  • Serai said:
    Apologies if this isn't the place to ask, but I keep getting the line
    "As you inhale the spores, you feel suddenly revitalised."
    and I can't see anything in my diagnose or defences that might be causing it, and I'm not entirely sure what it's actually doing when it tics.
    It's a reclamation ability (the vines mentioned in the room description indicate the room has been reclaimed by a druid), I think it just restores health, but I'm not sure of the specifics.
    AB STARBURST said:
    It will resurrect you immediately, and cause you to lose only half the normal amount of experience that you would lose from a death.
    Did starburst get changed to 100% XP loss on death at some point, and it not get noted anywhere??

From casual observance, I have never perceived starburst to cost any less XP than the truedeath that (often) follows directly after.

And, I was monitoring someone's SCORE just now as they double-died: the starburst death lost them 0.3%, the truedeath right after, 0.2%.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited December 2017
    A question of my own. When you embrace the flame, it mentions you brace yourself against the great heat, but hasnt the flame always been described as heatless? In fact, the appearance line still describes it as such, and so does the scroll.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Krypton said:
    AB STARBURST said:
    It will resurrect you immediately, and cause you to lose only half the normal amount of experience that you would lose from a death.
    Did starburst get changed to 100% XP loss on death at some point, and it not get noted anywhere??

From casual observance, I have never perceived starburst to cost any less XP than the truedeath that (often) follows directly after.

And, I was monitoring someone's SCORE just now as they double-died: the starburst death lost them 0.3%, the truedeath right after, 0.2%.
    What did they die to? Starburst only reduces XP loss for PvP deaths, has been that way for as long as I can remember.
    Yeah, people have mentioned to me it's reduction only on PK death. Has that been its mechanic since inception/never been changed? Because nothing about the AB is informative that it applies to only "some deaths".
  • It's been that way for as long as I've used starburst tattoos, so over a decade. I don't know if that was ever not the case.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    HELP SHIP WEAPONS says this about effects on seamonsters:

Flare   - Prevent a seamonster from moving for a very short time.
    Chainshot - Slow a seamonster's movement speed for a short time.
    Darts   - Damage a seamonster.
    Spidershot - Decrease the damage of a seamonster's next attack.
    Starshot  - Slow a seamonster's attack speed for a short time.
    War disc  - Damage a seamonster (short range)

Anyone know the exact duration of:
    1. a very short time
    2. a short time

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Shirszae said:
    A question of my own. When you embrace the flame, it mentions you brace yourself against the great heat, but hasnt the flame always been described as heatless? In fact, the appearance line still describes it as such, and so does the scroll.

Could just be the insticntual 'I see flames, therefore it must be hot... oh wait..weird, it's not.'  ??

• Shirszae said:
    Hm, yep, changed this!
  • Is it possible to pay for cheap reaction customisations (25-50cr) with Ice figurines?

Has anyone ever done this, or does it have to be bound credits since it doesn't go through the customise command?