Pet Pricing - Recent/Upcoming Changes

13»

Comments

• Tecton said:

It mainly comes down to timing, if you're around when the pet is finished, we'll try to have something fun happen to introduce the creature, rather than just plopping it into your inventory.

Of course, if you have a specific thing in mind, we'll try to make it work!
    This is true. When i wanted my pet dragon they got it to sink shallam.
  • ANNOUNCE NEWS #4001
    Date: 12/02/2013 at 17:25
    To : Everyone
    Subj: Pet changes

Just a quick note to let you know that the changes to pet prices are now in effect. We've just released a new add-on as well (which is now included in all new package pets):

Reporting - 250 Bound Credits

The pet will send the owner a tell when a player emotes directly at the pet, speaks directly to the pet, gives something to the pet, sends a tell to the pet, and when someone enters/leaves the pet's location. The pet will also send the owner a tell with its room name/location when the owner does "TELL <pet> where are you?"

NOTE: This reaction package requires the sentience add-on. There are no substitutions, and the included reactions cannot be customised or purchased separately.

Penned by My hand on the 20th of Phaestian, in the year 641 AF.
    They totally just took my eagles' reactions and made them a package.
  • I don't know if I like that ability on pets (specifically the enters/leaves the pet's location). That seems like a really, really powerful utility. If you leave a pet in a trafficked location (such as the entrances to Annwyn or the Underworld) it will be pretty easy to set up ganks on those people. I didn't know this was a thing before.

• Cooper said:
    I don't know if I like that ability on pets (specifically the enters/leaves the pet's location). That seems like a really, really powerful utility. If you leave a pet in a trafficked location (such as the entrances to Annwyn or the Underworld) it will be pretty easy to set up ganks on those people. I didn't know this was a thing before.
    It essentially makes them artefact versions of alarm traps, alarm vibes, and the like.  Well, except they're visible in the room, and don't report on anyone who's following.
  • I imagine that could be very annoying if it's not able to be toggled. Mine only alerts to enemies entering which is less useful but I enjoy it.
    Chat with other players in real time on your phone, browser, or desktop client:
    Come join the Achaea discord!
  • Pretty easy to gag it or just call your pet back to your inventory. Plus most rooms don't get that much traffic.
  • Daeir said:
    Ugh god fucking damnit that means I've wasted close to 150 credits setting up reporting reactions for my crow

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    Email them complaining!
    Achieved dragon on the 13th of Aeguary, 634 - aged 21 and 1 month and 21 days.

Elder dragon on the 6th of Chronos 635 - aged 22 and 8 months and 14 days.
  • Daeir said:
    I've already got like a 28 email long chain of correspondence with the pets team, I fear they might implode/strike/quit/sanction themselves if I bother them any further.
    Or, they're a customer service team, and can only give you a service if you let them know you're unhappy!

• Daeir said:
    I work in customer support for a community far larger than this one, and I know at a personal level how goddamn frustrating long lines of correspondence can be. I'll just voice my gurgles on here, promptly get over them and then fork out more money for stuff later on anyway. It's how the cycle goes.

EDIT: And then this happens:

Hi there!

Apologies for the slight delay, it looks as though the member of the team that was dealing with you previously spontaneously imploded! You just can't get the staff, these days...

On a more serious note, this should technically cost you the price of another reaction. But, as you originally intended for this to be included, I've put this in at no extra charge!

Enjoy!

It's like they READ the forums. My mind is boggled. Thank you!

Yay!

• Daeir said:
    Ugh god fucking damnit that means I've wasted close to 150 credits setting up reporting reactions for my crow

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    You are the WORST at buying pets. How did you even manage to waste nearly 150 credits?
  • Cathy said:
    Daeir said:
    It is my first time.
    By his 5th crow, he'll know how to do it.
    Then we just need mount arenas. I'd pay to see Penwize's army vs Daeir's army at that point.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Pssssssst. Fix jousting too.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    You have no idea how much I want to detach collars from mounts. Oh my god.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • edited December 2013
    I'd definitely upgrade my mounts to pets if such an option existed, and if the ridiculous "blah blah humble creature" could go away.  The humble creature line is why I have mounts and not a "pet".

(even though of course my mounts all die in a few combos... so who's humble now?)
  • Collar cost should maybe scale with the quality of the mount. 250 + legendsteed = reasonable.
    250 + mule of Moghedu = uhhhh....
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Then don't collar a mule. If you have 250 credits for a collar you can raise the gold for a decent mount.
  • Why would you collar a mule. Just buy a new one. Buy thirty at once. Laugh at anyone who tries to kill them all.
  • Why would you collar a mule. Just buy a new one. Buy thirty at once. Laugh at anyone who tries to kill them all.
    Buy a hundred. Laugh when someone tries to kill them all. Cry when you need to feed them all.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.