Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.
Pet Pricing - Recent/Upcoming Changes
* On December 1, we're making some adjustments to the costs of pets and pet-
related additions. Being a very personalised item, the team has to spend a large
amount of time discussing and designing pets, so we've got to increase the price
to account for this.
Here are the updated prices:
* Basic pets are now 750cr.
* Package pets are now 1250cr.
* Pet reactions begin at 50cr, more advanced reactions may be higher.
I'd like to understand why here, considering that there were complaints about pet pricing a while back (or Collar of Lupus).
The basic pet is currently 500cr, now 750cr. It includes:
1) the game object known as a pet, with these features
- Resets to you so that it cannot get stolen or lost permanently.
- Resets to you in the case of death.
- The ability to order it to move about via tells.
- The ability to order it to follow you.
- The ability to order it to enter your inventory.
2) the 6 description fields (appearance, dropped, examined, entry, exit, death)
"Being a very personalised item, the team has to spend a large
amount of time discussing and designing pets"
So, here are my next assumptions of what creating a pet details on the coding side:
- create the pet from whatever pet object template
- copy and paste description lines
- set features such as Sentience, Invincibility, Mountable to true or false
- any additional reactions, the 25cr ones being predefined patterns to everyday triggers
- set the ownership and starting location
So if anything, I would guess reactions take up the most time of anything. By discussion I assume the post meant for pet concepts that need approval like a steampunk pegasus from Clockwork Isle. But since pets don't come along that often anyway, and pets are clones of each other in terms of mechanics (the extra features already having their own pricing), what is the ACTUAL reason for increasing the price?
Am I missing something? Is it not this simple? For example, do you write every pet "from scratch" and if so, why and why should that punish the players?
I've had a pet scheme in the works for a while and it's simply a matter of timing that I'll now have to rush out before 12/1, but whether it affects me or not, I want to know what the logic is behind increasing the price of something that was already somewhat pricey. So, details?
I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
Sign In to Comment.
- 6.1K All Categories
- 3K Everything Achaea
- 1.5K North of Thera
- 21 Archives of the Terraformer
- 248 The Matsuhama Arena
- 877 The Golden Dais of Creation
- 286 The Scarlattan Theatre
- 145 The Blank Canvas
- 1.9K Getting Help
- 395 General Questions
- 253 Quick Class Questions
- 1.3K Tech Support
- 302 Client Help
- 466 Curing Systems and Scripts
- 835 Off-Topic
- 252 The Wander Inn
- 583 The Universal Membrane
- 287 Class Discussions
- 287 Individual Class Sections
- 20 Alchemist
- 9 Apostate
- 10 Bard
- 29 Blademaster
- 9 Depthswalker
- 12 Druid
- 4 Infernal
- 20 Jester
- 19 Magi
- 31 Monk
- 10 Occultist
- 7 Paladin
- 7 Priest
- 28 Runewarden
- 18 Sentinel
- 26 Serpent
- 19 Shaman
- 9 Sylvan