Pet Pricing - Recent/Upcoming Changes

Comments

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Yeaaah, I better get in the final edits to a couple of reactions for Solii quick, I suppose. Artefacts, you will have to wait!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • I didn't know pet introductions were possible, or I would have loved to have had one.

The pricing is a bit steep, but so are most of the items.

It is what it is.

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• Well, I won't be paying ~$80 more because they have to review some text either. It is what it is.
  • A pet introduction?
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited November 2013
    Edit: Derp, reading comprehension. Nothing to see here.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • No, a pet.
  • I've been playing for a long time, and I'd never even heard of a 'pet introduction' until now.

• For certain types of pets, like those you might conjure (elementals), it makes sense.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • AktillumAktillum Philippines
    It's a special snowflake thing.

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Ainia said:
    Xith said:
    For certain types of pets, like those you might conjure (elementals), it makes sense.
    I'd think anyone should have the option, given we are all paying the same (base) price. Or pay a little bit more to have an introduction, or at least be given the option either way. Aren't all of our dollars equally important?
    from what I understand, you simply have to request it and have them agree with it. Unsure if it costs more by default or not.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• From what I gather, it doesn't, and I already had a nice email response a while back saying it would be no problem. Just have to ask.
    Except now it seems that's what's causing the increase in price, even though clearly not everybody does request it.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    I never knew about it or that it was even an option when I got my pet. But hey, I never asked about it either as a possibility.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Damn, I should have asked for elaborate events for each one of my eagles.  But then the admin would just hate me even more than they do now.  In fact, they're probably just raising the pet reaction prices because of me.  I'm sorry guys. :(
  • Oh look. Penwize ruining Achaea again. What a surprise.
  • Yeah, c'mon. Stop raising the damn bar in Achaea, Penwize.
  • Solsci's introduction was just a private little thing with just Tesha, Berunis and one of the Shamshir denizens. It was pretty fun.

i'm a rebel

• Xith said:
    Yeah, c'mon. Stop raising the damn bar in Achaea, Penwize.
    I keep trying to raise the roof, but I just wind up raising the bar instead. :(
  • Man, I was just thinking last week "It'ld take forever to save up enough credits for a pet!"
    Now I'm pretty sure I won't ever do it. o_o  sad.

• My fox came with a small event, though I asked about it (just said if it's not too big of a deal it'd be nice to have a small event).  It was very nice, and caused me to love my arctic fox even more.
  • I made my own for Vaer. Summoned him in a ritual and illusioned the whole thing. Had no clue this was possible.
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    I didn't have an event for mine, but my former character's pet did and it was a lot of fun. I was going to do something myself for this one, but decided it would be fine just telling the backstory too.
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• Ainia said:
    Oh I mean I am not upset or anything, but it is one of those things (to me at least) that you don't know what you don't know - had I known it was a possibility, I would have asked, but if I did not know, how would I know to ask? :)
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    It mainly comes down to timing, if you're around when the pet is finished, we'll try to have something fun happen to introduce the creature, rather than just plopping it into your inventory.

Of course, if you have a specific thing in mind, we'll try to make it work!
  • Ainia said:
    Oh I mean I am not upset or anything, but it is one of those things (to me at least) that you don't know what you don't know - had I known it was a possibility, I would have asked, but if I did not know, how would I know to ask? :)
    I get the impression that the breadth of small stuff along these lines that people could set up by emailing the admin is much larger than most people realise. I'm not sure if the events@achaea.com and customisations@achaea.com are meant to be somewhat less advertised for the sake of keeping stress off the limited staff, but I'd bet good money that if they were better advertised, there would be quite a few more people with happy stories to tell along the lines of these pet introductions, and probably a fair bit of credit revenue to go along with it.
  • Cooper said:

I've been playing for a long time, and I'd never even heard of a 'pet introduction' until now.

Ranzou and August both had events for their pet dragons, all those years ago.
  • OceanaOceana North Sea
    Maybe try a Caern* Terrier? 

*Substituted the i for comic effect.
  • Katzchen said:

Any chance we could get some sort of upgrade from a collared/custom mount to an artie pet? This would both make artie pets more reachable, in adding a middle step, and lessen the load on coders, as most of the approvals have already been done, just the reactions really to go.

So much yes