Hello!

Comments

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Then I'd say it was a pity you didn't stick it out. :/ Mhaldorians are a pretty tight-knit bunch partly because of how they pretty much got no one but each other. For whatever I say about them, they really do take care of each other.

• Skye said:
    Then I'd say it was a pity you didn't stick it out. :/ Mhaldorians are a pretty tight-knit bunch partly because of how they pretty much got no one but each other. For whatever I say about them, they really do take care of each other.
    Perhaps I should've. I just didn't feel like I was learning, or improving. I had almost zero roleplay, and I was bored. Who knows if it would have changed in a day or two. But I didn't know if it would, so I choose to leave.
  • Nah, it's terrible choice for a new player as you're finding out. You should have heard the Mhaldorian OOC clan after you left, where lots of IC communication takes place.
  • First making enemies as a Mhaldorian and then quitting Mhaldor is a sure way of increasing your death count even further!
  • @Siana Welcome to Achaea, the realms are just wonderful and plenty of stuff to do.
    Light prevails, always
  • Thaumas said:
    Nah, it's terrible choice for a new player as you're finding out. You should have heard the Mhaldorian OOC clan after you left, where lots of IC communication takes place.
    The weird OOC clans and stuff really aren't a concern at low levels.

It sounds, @Siana, like you just had a bad timezone/playing hours. Mhaldor isn't for everyone, although it's probably the easiest place to get stuck into an immersive environment (or it was when I left). But hey, if you weren't having fun, you weren't. Mhaldor is usually obliged to stab you in the throat once but there's no malice in it, so don't stress out.

Cyrene is probably a good place to head to if you're still staying serpent by virtue of Iocun (although some of the people seem to channel the raw spirit of nausea, you can just tune them out) or go to Targossas because Antidas will teach you how to shank people (totally not biased on this point).

Although I'm guessing you're about to get ganked 5-deep by the recruiting agencies of every city judging by the people viewing the thread and the fact you seem to possess a brain. Goodluckwiththatbye.
  • Cooper said:
    Seems like you spent all your time trying to get enemied to places or bother people in other cities rather than talk to people in Mhaldor, then quit without even trying to talk to people.
    I don't know who you play, but I never saw Cooper as a character, ever. Perhaps that is how it seems, but, if you cannot find my reasoning justified, then I see no reason to explain myself again. I look forward to seeing you IC.
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    I am sorry to hear you decided Mhaldor wasn't for you, but I like to think we gave you as much guidance and interaction as we could. I had just been talking to @Florentino to get you more involved in stuff.

Still, from the sounds of it, perhaps Mhaldor wasn't what you were looking for. Good luck with wherever you decide to go.
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• Florentino is the best evil name ever. He sounds like a field of daisies drenched in the blood of all who would oppose him.
  • @Siana Sorry you left, but if you ever want my help again I'll be happy to help you with anything I can.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    You didn't seem to be in Mhaldor very long, and with that time you seemed to choose to immediately jump into city vs city combat, which can be a lot to take on for a new player. So you've gotten yourself enemied to just about every city (the ones you got enemied to as a Mhaldorion who takes part in raids, and now Mhaldor for leaving and breaking your oath) when really none of that seemed necessary. While everyone is generally required to assist with Raid Defence, it's never been an actual requirement to partake in raids unless there is a direct order from it, and those orders usually come from Lord Sartan. 

Not sure what you were looking for, whether RP or what, but you've an even smaller chance of finding it for quite a while now.

• I dunno, if I was a newbie who decided to blow enough money to trans subterfuge right off the bat (I think it was Siana who said he/she unphased on guard stacks) I certainly wouldn't be cautious enough to resist the siren song of murdering other players.
  • You saw me IC a lot, just not on Cooper.

@Tvistor I am pretty much the king of that. Can't really let my forum rep go to something good. Also it's obviously not a true newbie, just someone who wanted to look new.

• We've talked.

I wish you the best of luck. Keep in touch.

• edited November 2013
    Cooper said:
    You saw me IC a lot, just not on Cooper.

@Tvistor I am pretty much the king of that. Can't really let my forum rep go to something good. Also it's obviously not a true newbie, just someone who wanted to look new.
    You know, the fact it is deliberate has somehow made me well disposed towards you instantly.

Play League with me. D:

SCREW YOUR GODDAMN SIGNATURE, ARDITI. I LOST MY CURSOR.  How on earth did I mistake your display picture for a kitten?
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    I'm actually mildly disappointed you didn't stick it out. Would have liked to see how you fared further on along the paths.

But eh. Right now, given you're mostly enemied to all cities, you have a lot of freedom to choose how to have your own fun. Maybe you'll like to creep up on novice Mhaldorians on your own and whisper bitterly in their ear how they're going to ruin themselves in the city, or hassle more Cyrenians you see outside with bad poetry or something. Alternatively, you can do a turn-about and say hi to Targossas. I'm sure Santar will entertain any budding combat enthusiast.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• And Santar too!
  • Tvistor said:
    And Santar too!
    Santar's not a serpent.  He's an experience.
  • Wonder how much experience I could have by tomorrow if Penwize joined mark.

• I heard she was a hugger.  I also heard that she is not as new as she might be leading on.  I tend to have a lot of confidence in my intel.

Will be a good fit for Targossas.  Hope you find what you're looking for.

• Cahin said:
    I heard she was a hugger.  I also heard that she is not as new as she might be leading on.
    Not sure how to take either of these statements, but I guess I'll take them as a compliment.
  • I have a thing for training up young troublemakers.

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    I have a thing too but i am not sure how to use it to train anything

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • edited November 2013
    Mishgul said:
    I have a thing too but i am not sure how to use it to train anything
    You put it in a hive to train the bees if I am understanding what you are talking about correctly.

• Santar said:

I have a thing for training up young troublemakers.

Where is my training then foo?

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.