Hello!

Comments

• RuthRuth Singapore
    Welcome to Mhaldor, @Siana! I saw you around yesterday and wanted to interact with you, but you ran away before I could!

I'm glad you decided to pick Mhaldor to base your character off. As some have said, it's a city that's not for everyone given its militaristic and solemn atmosphere, but in my opinion, it gets a lot of fun if you manage to stick it out. They are some hidden gems in the people in Mhaldor; of those, some are in the Naga which I believe will set you right on your way to getting somewhere, House-wise.

Enjoy yourself!
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• Jacen said:
    Hashan gets such bad forum rep, can't imagine why.

She basically said 'Hashan is not for beginners'. And she is right, it isn't.

Welcome to Achaea, Siana.
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    Siana said:
    Saeva said:
     If you just want serious face RP you made a good choice. 
    Nothing like one of your house leaders sending you your head in a letter. 
    :D

Welcome to Mhaldor, and more importantly, to Achaea. Serpent is one of the classes that really does take some creativity to play, but if you stick with it and really get into the role, you'll have a lot of fun. There are plenty of awesome people around to help if you get stuck!
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Saeva said:
    I would venture to say Targossas is no more limiting than the zealotry of Mhaldor. If you want to do what you want when you want, seems more like Ashtan and their chaos sort of idea would suit to please. If you just want serious face RP you made a good choice. Cyrene is a weak Targossas!? :((
    You can still do pretty much what you want when you want in Mhaldor so long as you do part and play your role. The difference is Mhaldor doesn't let people sit around not progressing their skills or contribute without noticing and actively doing something about it. There's not really anything I've been forced to do that I didn't want to in Mhaldor, and the people are pretty great to interact with botch IC'ly and OOC'ly.

Biggest tip to making it in Mhaldor is remembering proper etiquette and not being an idiot.

• Well, I'm not seeing a bunch of people from Targossas cry out  that they feel restricted to be pansy pants and the nice guy just because they follow Good. That's what I meant by it's likely not any more restrictive than Mhaldor.
    They both -strictly- adhere to their religious rules and ethics. But they are still free to be themselves, and that might mean friendly or completely nasty.

• Welcome to Achaea! I think they recently added a new syntax to the game you may want to know. Its something like QUIT MHALDOR earns you 5 credits, then ASK CAZIN JOIN TARGOSSAS CONFIRM is another 25? I dont know, might want to test it out
    Sidonia Rian (female Human).
    She is 165 years old, having been born on the 24th of Glacian, 473 years after the fall of the 
    Seleucarian Empire.
    She is ranked 749th in Achaea.
    She is an extremely credible character.
    She is not known for acts of infamy.
    She is a Burgher in Hashan.
    She is a proud soldier of Hashan.
    She is considered to be approximately 60% of your might.
    She is a mentor and able to take on proteges.
    She has been divorced once.

I still have no idea who you are in Mhaldor.....

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited October 2013
    Kresslack said:
    Sidonia Rian (female Human).
    She is 165 years old, having been born on the 24th of Glacian, 473 years after the fall of the 
    Seleucarian Empire.
    She is ranked 749th in Achaea.
    She is an extremely credible character.
    She is not known for acts of infamy.
    She is a Burgher in Hashan.
    She is a proud soldier of Hashan.
    She is considered to be approximately 60% of your might.
    She is a mentor and able to take on proteges.
    She has been divorced once.

I still have no idea who you are in Mhaldor.....
    Kafz

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

I know, I was posting that in regards to Sidonia's post. The matter has now been clarified in any case!

• Mishgul said:
    Watch out for lycopods.
    Don't listen at it. I love so much the deathsigns.
    Mmmm....lickerpod salad!

• Korben said:
    Jacen said:

I'd argue that Hashan is for beginners. After all, many established, contributing Eleusians, Ashtani, and Mhaldorians got their start here. Too bad none stay around.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Iocun is also one of the best, so don't feel too bad!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Ruth said:
    They are some hidden gems in the people in Mhaldor; of those, some are in the Naga
    I see what you did there.

• Welcome to Achaea. And to the Naga. Greatest forums propaganda racket, ergo, greatest House in Sapience.

And I like seeing you on deathsight, because it means you're learning.

• KatzchenKatzchen Mhaldor
    edited November 2013
    @Jacen

If the choice is leaving Hashan or quitting Achaea because it's not fun at all any more, and just frustrating, then that's not a bad thing at all.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited November 2013
    Jacen said:
    Korben said:
    Jacen said:

I'd argue that Hashan is for beginners. After all, many established, contributing Eleusians, Ashtani, and Mhaldorians got their start here. Too bad none stay around.

----
    Hashan is for a specific type of person, same as all the other cities. Not necessarily beginners.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• 2260h, 2647m ex-79.0%- 13:04:19:132stat stats
    +-Statistics------------------------------------------------------------------+
    | Adventurer Kills        Denizen Kills           Your Deaths                 |
    |   Slain    : 0            Slain    : 1189         To Adventurers : 6        |
    |   Levels   : 0            Levels   : 22382        To Denizens    : 39       |
    |   Avg Level: 0            Avg Level: 18           To Misadventure: 9        |
    |                                                                             |
    | Infamy     : not known for acts of infamy                                   |
    | Credibility: is an extremely credible character                             |
    | Events and Games Won                                                        |
    |   Arena Duels: 4          Party Duels : 0         FFAs      : 0             |
    |   Rampages   : 0          KOTHs       : 0         CvAs      : 0             |
    |   TOTFs      : 0          Royal Guards: 0         Freeze Tag: 0             |
    |   Frog Baits : 0          Jousts      : 0         Chess     : 0             |
    +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    At least all those deaths were from guards.
  • edited November 2013
    33% of your PK deaths so far are me.

• Stupid Cyrenian guards always stealing my kills!
  • Santar said:
    33% of your PK deaths so far are me

To be fair, other have caused more, just the guards killed me.

• Siana said:
    2260h, 2647m ex-79.0%- 13:04:19:132stat stats
    +-Statistics------------------------------------------------------------------+
    | Adventurer Kills        Denizen Kills           Your Deaths                 |
    |   Slain    : 0            Slain    : 1189         To Adventurers : 6        |
    |   Levels   : 0            Levels   : 22382        To Denizens    : 39       |
    |   Avg Level: 0            Avg Level: 18           To Misadventure: 9        |
    | Infamy     : not known for acts of infamy                                   |
    | Credibility: is an extremely credible character                             |
    | Events and Games Won                                                        |
    |   Arena Duels: 4          Party Duels : 0         FFAs      : 0             |
    |   Rampages   : 0          KOTHs       : 0         CvAs      : 0             |
    |   TOTFs      : 0          Royal Guards: 0         Freeze Tag: 0             |
    |   Frog Baits : 0          Jousts      : 0         Chess     : 0             |
    +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    At least all those deaths were from guards.
    I just made a doll of her to scare her away, damn you guys are mean :P
  • @Siana hi! I've interacted with you quite a bit in game, you fit in nicely with the Naga. I hope you keep having fun and stay a good long while! :)
  • So, by the end of today, I've been enemied by four cities, and gained probably thirty deaths. I might be approaching this wrong. 
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    That avatar is oddly fitting.

That kind of enemy list and deathcount is pretty normal for Mhaldor after a while though. Most of them would've probably commiserated somewhat. All in the same boat and all that.

• Skye said:
    That avatar is oddly fitting.

That kind of enemy list and deathcount is pretty normal for Mhaldor after a while though. Most of them would've probably commiserated somewhat. All in the same boat and all that.
    What if I told you I left Mhaldor?