Hello!

Hi guys, I'm a new player. This game seems quite interesting, and I've decided to become a Mhaldorian serpent. I'm torn between fearing for my characters life, and loving the RP involved. Any advice for someone new to Iron Realms, if not to MUDS? Or any advice for a starting serpent?

Thanks,
Siana

Comments

• Why is it always the Mhaldorians who get new social people?  I'm starting to think they know something we don't....
  • Welcome! The learning curve can be intimidating but there are tons of peope wiling to help. If you are stuck or there are no Naga aound feel free to speak to me and I will be glad to help. Enjoy the game. Take things at a pace comfortable to you and while Mhaldorians can sound cranky we are actually all very friendly so never let the RP scare you.

Apart from that just be respectful and have a great time. Oh and stay far away from @Katzchen as he eats novices or uses them as forge fuel.

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Watch out for lycopods.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
    Eld said:

Arador said:

Oh and stay far away from @Katzchen as he eats novices or uses them as forge fuel.

I bet that's just the ones who mistake her for a man.
    He does have manly qualities.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
  • :((

(welcome!)

i'm a rebel

• Don't fall for it! All part of her plan. Novices are more tender if they do not die scared!

• Eleusis isn't only forestal classes: some of the most prominent members aren't forestal classes.  I'm a monk, the leader of the Sentinels is a Runewarden, etc. 

Have to laugh at the notion that Ashtan is a weaker Mhaldor though. :D  Ashtan sort of stomps every other faction in the game right now, strength wise (I'm not Ashtani, but I recognize this as the truth.  They're home to a large portion of the best/most practiced combatants, and they have a population so huge it makes it very difficult to attack them).  Their RP is also completely different from Mhaldor's: Chaos and Evil are very, very different things in almost every sense.

That said, Mhaldor's pretty RP rich and rewarding if you're in it for the long haul.  Being the villain everyone hates isn't for everyone, but if that's what you're looking for it's definitely the right place to be looking!  Sounds like you might have a bit of a problem with Evil being about as restrictive as Good is though (Evil serves Sartan exclusively, which has a pretty established ethos), but if you give it a chance you're likely to find that actually gives you a really good platform to work with.
  • So far, everything I've experienced in Targossas is wonderfully -not- limiting. That is, it seems like the idea of Good that's circulating is a little atypical of the general "Lol we are the light so don't kill that puppy because bad."
    [2:41:24 AM] Kenway: I bet you smell like evergreen trees and you could wrestle boreal mammals but they'd rather just cuddle you
  • @Ourania and @Tecton Thank you very much. The idea of admins having an actual impact through the portrayal of deities seems very unique and interesting.
    Of course I know that I'm wrong in my judgement of the cities, but I have nothing to base it on besides my impressions. I hope to see some of you in game to interact with!
  • StrataStrata United States of Derp
    We all know she went Naga just for the free lupine.
  • OuraniaOurania The Garden of the Gods
    You're not wrong in your judgement, more like you are finding out for yourself what the world is about, and what you do and do not like. That is part of the fun, when you get to build your characters life. May you hav a long and prosperous time in Achaea!

• Mishgul said:
    No one is ever wrong on the internet.
    Cause Google and Wiki

• KelloniusKellonius Cape Girardeau, Missouri
    Iocun said:
    @Tecton didn't welcome me when I started to play. I feel there's some serious admin bias towards Mhaldorian players here!

Mhaldor is protected by more than its walls, after all.
    Mhaldor also gets their 110%, never forget.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited October 2013
    Saeva said:
    I would venture to say Targossas is no more limiting than the zealotry of Mhaldor.
    I'd disagree, solely by some things I had happen to me in the game, and some things I've read on the forums. 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

yeah, Mhaldor has more doors.

-

As drawn by Shayde
  • CaoimhaenCaoimhaen Targossas
    edited October 2013
    Mishgul said:

yeah, Mhaldor has more doors.

Dude yes. I have an alt mhaldorian. Actually...two. its gets funny trying to navigate. Someone is like get over here grunt! And I'm late because I'm opening door.:P

Also, WELCOME!

• Siana said:
    Strata said:
    We all know she went Naga just for the free lupine.
    I'd be better able to respond to that if I knew what a lupine was.
    It's an awesome bow.

That said, welcome to Achaea! Enjoy your stay. If you ever want to leave, the door is... uh... well damn. I've lost it. Guess you're stuck here!
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.