Combat Logs

Comments

• I suspect a fair few of Mhaldor's fighters weren't around for that period (or weren't Mhaldorian, at the time) you're referring to, as well! 
  • Reyson said:
    I suspect a fair few of Mhaldor's fighters weren't around for that period (or weren't Mhaldorian, at the time) you're referring to, as well! 
    That is true. Cooper was with us in spirit at a forums warrior though. Only Proficy and Aegoth really comes to mind.
  • Rangor said:
    Reyson said:
    I suspect a fair few of Mhaldor's fighters weren't around for that period (or weren't Mhaldorian, at the time) you're referring to, as well! 
    That is true. Cooper was with us in spirit at a forums warrior though. Only Proficy and Aegoth really comes to mind.
    And at that point, they were just the caboose on the M-train.

It's all cyclical.  So easy to justify IG as a student of Nature (which you did nicely).  The chaff will fall off and go to the side that isn't getting pounded.  Then come back and claim they never left.  It is all way too predictable at this point.  I say good job on Mhaldor for bringing IG suffering back a la new @Sartan as opposed to the handwringing emo BS of old Apollyon-esque Mhaldor.  IG it it helps them push their point of strength through suffering.  And @Aegis point that said Suffering is the most base form of War, in the most base form of combat.

• Cooper said:
    Rangor said:
    Look at the names, not the numbers.
    If only you had ever looked at names or numbers when you raided. Instead, you brought 2-3x the number of people we had online weekly for years while telling us to suck it up.
    I thought it was pretty well established that @Rangor checks the names and numbers every time he raids. How else can he guarantee no defenders around?

=) 

(This is just a joke btw, the numbers argument is old as fuck by this point)
  • edited May 2017
    As soon as everyone realizes that the loser will always complain about unfairness and the winner will justify why it's fair, we can get past this. This sort of behavior is as old as online gaming has been a thing. Die to someone in counter strike? He is a hacker, duh.  The question really is, what are you going to do about losing?  What's the victor going to do with the winning?  
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • edited May 2017
    I argue it does not mean nothing. If Eleusis stopped defending the forests and Mhaldor constantly exterms, I would hope they would get Sartan to perform a world event and turn some forests to permanent ash. Fighting mechanically does nothing, but when backed up by RP and worldbuilding you have a recipe for compelling stories and development.  That's why Achaea is BETTER than Eve or Ultima.  But it requires more than just pressing your bashing alias to kill adventurers or pressing F1 when your FC says to
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • I mean not long ago Targossas got to nuke Ashtan and permanently remove some rooms. Right?
  • Daeir said:
    I would agree with you, but I've played this game for long enough to know that it probably won't ever happen. It makes sense for it to happen sure, and it would be fucking incredible if it did, but it probably isn't going to.

I'd love to be proven wrong on this, but I just don't think I will be. I really want to be, though.
    Challenge accepted.
  • Vs @Sobriquet
    Tunnel visioned too much, got rekt. :(
    My cheese plan worked, after I fixed the alias. I suspect it won't work again, though. Gotta fix up my stuff for people who handle blight decently. :D

Was fun fights! Two-handed hurts, even despite clumsiness/weariness/paralysis spammage.

• Sayenna said:
    Vs @Sobriquet
    My cheese plan worked, after I fixed the alias. I suspect it won't work again, though. Gotta fix up my stuff for people who handle blight decently. :D

Was fun fights! Two-handed hurts, even despite clumsiness/weariness/paralysis spammage.

You had to post that.. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Sobriquet said:
    Sayenna said:
    Vs @Sobriquet

You had to post that.. 
    Psh. We're 1-1! I'll figure something out eventually to not need to use stuff like that, you actually prio decently for my other cheesy, underhanded tactics to work :P
  • First time I've seen a fight from the other side, much improvements required all round but fun fights, thank you :)

• Torinn said:
    I argue it does not mean nothing. If Eleusis stopped defending the forests and Mhaldor constantly exterms, I would hope they would get Sartan to perform a world event and turn some forests to permanent ash. Fighting mechanically does nothing, but when backed up by RP and worldbuilding you have a recipe for compelling stories and development.  That's why Achaea is BETTER than Eve or Ultima.  But it requires more than just pressing your bashing alias to kill adventurers or pressing F1 when your FC says to
    Ultima I will grant you.

EVE, not so much. Politics and the economy there are entirely player driven and they have a ridiculously huge impact on the game world. Way way WAY more impact than those things have in Achaea.
  • edited May 2017
    If you were playing when @Tanris and co used to do guard wipes, I expect you'd be in rants instead of here. That's a consequence. You're just spewing jade all over this board.

We could always drop the decorum and go back to that sort of play if you want, but I don't think that's the direction anyone wants this game to go. Perma death MUDs exist if you want a lateral move, or you can go full time EVE.

• Dunn said:
    If you were playing when @Tanris and co used to do guard wipes, I expect you'd be in rants instead of here. That's a consequence. You're just spewing jade all over this board.

We could always drop the decorum and go back to that sort of play if you want, but I don't think that's the direction anyone wants this game to go. Perma death MUDs exist if you want a lateral move, or you can go full time EVE.
    You play with decorum?

j/k <3
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Dunn said:
    Oh, I meant group decorum. I'm a piece of shit. I blame Tanris for that one.
    Bastard.. whatever happened to him anyway... ?

• https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/Ydq5cz1w

What do? Yes I'm aware of all the fails of my Vodun, Harmony kept curing his confusion - I pulled the lock off when I stopped trying to cheese him through Harmony, but still almost died first!

Why does SSC randomly start spam applying to head? Is there not a line/gmcp message for when you get scalded? I notice it curing, but I never see myself actually get the aff...
  • SSC will spam applying to head if you have scald as an affliction you want to cure and blindness as a defence you want to keep up. Applying epidermal to head will always cure blindness first, since the choice is supposed to be trying to cure scald at the risk of being transfixed (which allows parry bypass) or not curing scald, so it will APPLY EPIDERMAL TO HEAD (cure blindness), EAT BAYBERRY (put blindness back up), APPLY, EAT, and so on. Obviously if you use herb balance for something else it will break out of the loop, since it won't be putting blindness back up.

I'm 99% sure that scald is communicated over GMCP. I'd assume there's an accompanying line, since it's a golem attack, but I don't pay too much attention to most combat lines.
  • edited May 2017
    Antonius said:
    I'm 99% sure that scald is communicated over GMCP. I'd assume there's an accompanying line, since it's a golem attack, but I don't pay too much attention to most combat lines.
    You're right; found the problem. Wundersys had 0 handling of scald whatsoever, it didn't even show that you gained/lost the scald aff until I fixed that function, despite having it add/remove affs from gmcp. So serverside would sit there just spamming epidermal. It wasn't in the list of prompt tags either, that's why I was confused about it, none of my shit was saying I got/cured scalded :s

"Horrifying pain overcomes you as a crystalline golem sprays a stream of super-heated steam directly into your face, scalding your throat and searing your skin." -- Is the scald line.
  • Sobriquet said:
    Dunn said:
    Oh, I meant group decorum. I'm a piece of shit. I blame Tanris for that one.
    Bastard.. whatever happened to him anyway... ?

Hit by a bus, I heard. Tragic. :(

Daeir said:
    Dunn said:

What does that have to do with anything? Guard wipes still don't mean shit. For a game that's meant to be conflict driven, the actual mechanical conflict drives in Achaea are almost non-existent. There's pretty much no consequence for losing anything outside of what you choose to make of it IC. Death is a minor time loss, sovereignty is a name on survey, crusades are.. crusades and that's about it.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here, but is there really any actual reason to even bother with combat outside of enjoying it? Not that it isn't a valid reason in and of itself, but as far as making an impact on the game world goes, it really isn't a lot. It's like, Jhui's killed ten thousand dudes, but Farrah become a fuckin Avatar of Deucalion and hosed down some stuff in Ashtan. What are people going to remember more in two years time? The dude who doesn't play much anymore, or the Avatar?

Not saying this to be snide or dire or anything like that, just the actual systems that support conflict in Achaea are HEINOUSLY undersupported and people don't seem to care that much about it. Marks are still a joke, the Dauntless is okay I guess, Delosian Eagles are ???, the Staff of Nicator is somewhere, shrines don't mean anything as usual, sanctions aren't at all significant in a citystate's history whatsoever for the most part. We got teased with a reasonably interesting glimpse of a new war system with the UW civil war and then it just.. vanished into the ether.

It's worth noting that obtaining Avatar requires combat success (crusades). It'd takes ages to get it without "winning" any crusades.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    @Farrah If only he saw it coming.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Daeir said:
    How many guards would one have to wipe to bankrupt a citystate?
    About 2700 for Targossas

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Daeir said:
    Fewer than it would take to bankrupt Ryldagh.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Daeir said:

Ha, I'm not answering that one, I was vague on purpose! Quite achieveable is all you're getting from me on that score.

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Seems like some cities need to get on that shiptrading bug...  B)

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    @Daeir - Shallam was heading that direction as they were losing a few million per IC year due to all the guards and room losses and that was with the Templars paying most of the city bills.  The main source of gold for cities is still city credit sales so it wouldn't surprise me if a less PK focused city like Hashan doesn't have deep coffers.

• Ahh... Guard wipes best gold sink. I see.