Combat Logs

Comments

• edited April 2017
    Poor guy didn't even wrack/truewrack with a good portion of his tempers. Could probably forget about using weariness/clumsiness versus a lot of people and save yourself a good amount of time. Usually just clumsiness is enough to lock people in time as apostate (unless they specifically need weariness).

Run expert diagnoser to backtrack kelp eats when they have multiple kelp affs on them and you're good. Its cooldown is short enough to work.
  • @Ryzeth would you recommend expert diagnoser over master contemplator?
  • edited April 2017
    Llesvelt said:
    @Ryzeth would you recommend expert diagnoser over master contemplator?
    Personally, yes. Master contemplator does let you contemplate in between balances without fear, but it doesn't make a huge difference without. You can still combo deadeyes/contemplate in the same balance, it's short enough EQ to not matter.

ED is amazing when you learn how to integrate it properly. Loved it as Serpent, and especially as Alchemist. Even more as Apostate.
  • Command separator is your friend :(
  • Projectiles OP AF
  • Wow @Atalkez

Way to cut out how I BBT'd Morzakai for the true-kill. :(
  • auto-snipers dying is always a great achievement. GJ Atalkez

• There's nothing like knocking over a towering pile of artifacts to really restore one's faith in their abilities!

Props to @Greoth for the confidence boost I needed after a couple days of feeling like crap and making excuses. :heart:
  • Hey no problem. Was a fun fight.
  • The 20 fracture dream.
  • Apostate vs Blademaster

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/8rqrNfzQ
    Prep classes are my utter downfall, specifically those that prep and run like in the example above. Any suggestions would be of great help. Thanks in advance

• You tried to fight instead of running after impaleslash.
  • edited April 2017
    @armali what does impleslash look like? I tried to tumble away after my legs broke. What should I of tried to do? Thanks
  • As Taryius shifts the blade transfixing your gut, the loathsome kiss of metal ravages your insides.
    You feel weak and lightheaded.

That's impaleslash, it makes your clotting cost a -lot- more mana.

You had a huge window to run there.. I took so long to break your legs after the impaleslash.
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    edited April 2017
    Unless it's out of your gravehands(against a non mhaldorian) or onto runes or through a trap or something you don't want to be tumbling. Don't stick around with impaleslash unless you're about to kill them. If they double break impale you while impaleslash is up, you're dead. They will get balance back to kill before you can stand. If you make them slash after the break you'll stand before they get balance back so you can run like hell.

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • Thanks for all the help
  • oh yes, may I ask how long does the affliction from impaleslash last?
  • 30s? 45s? It's a lot of running.
  • Impaleslash is 30s. I think.

Anyone have any advice on fighting a shaman just looping vodun bleed 60-70~ or so times? Can't keep up with it with either a mana priority, or a health priority and I can't enter room with them or I get inflamed.

• Level up. Go to Annwyn. Buy mana robes. Kill them before they kill you or hinder aggressively with prone strikes and impales and build shin so you can mana trans. Depending on the class, there might be no other viable alternative.
  • edited April 2017
    @Llesvelt your demonic killbot could also use some hefty optimization. Some of those evileye choices were a bit odd, like using sicken without asthma to mask the manaleech.
  • It's why blademasters are such bullshit to fight. After that impaleslash your options are basically "kill him before he can set up the kill again" or "run away until impale slash fades". Or "die", I guess, but that's a shitty option. When you add up all their survival tools and evasion tools and the effectiveness of their slow prep kills, my honest opinion is "fuck blademasters". They're amazingly unfun to deal with.

My strategy for dealing with them goes something like "If I can't overwhelm them with raw artifact power, just don't fucking fight them." I'm not so invested in my combat record that I want to bother dealing with that shit. When you lose to depthswalker or something, you can usually look over the log and identify some mistake you made, something you could have done differently.

When you lose to blademaster a lot of the time, your mistake ends up being something like "Well, I used balance in this fight, so they did pommel/knee into an impale and then impaleslashed me, and then I tried to keep fighting instead of running away for a solid minute."
  • That tumble definitely did not help you at all. A double leg break (assuming aggressive tree) should only give 4 twists, which you should be able to tank a lot better than that setup. You got impaled twice, and twisted four times vs impale once and twist four times. You ate an extra impale, put yourself off balance, ate the extra damage/bleed from the tumble and everything. Terrible decision there.

Kenway mentioned it, but honestly? Even if you have room hinder, a good BM is going to evade past it. If they push your salve balance, they'll get around the room hinder pretty much everytime. My suggestion is to save the tumble, and get out of the room hinder with the ability to run away, instead of move one room and still be off balance.

Also, never shield against Blademaster unless they're going pommel/aff on you. You're asking to get impaled and killed if you do.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Nazihk said:
    It's why blademasters are such bullshit to fight. After that impaleslash your options are basically "kill him before he can set up the kill again" or "run away until impale slash fades". Or "die", I guess, but that's a shitty option. When you add up all their survival tools and evasion tools and the effectiveness of their slow prep kills, my honest opinion is "fuck blademasters". They're amazingly unfun to deal with.

My strategy for dealing with them goes something like "If I can't overwhelm them with raw artifact power, just don't fucking fight them." I'm not so invested in my combat record that I want to bother dealing with that shit. When you lose to depthswalker or something, you can usually look over the log and identify some mistake you made, something you could have done differently.

When you lose to blademaster a lot of the time, your mistake ends up being something like "Well, I used balance in this fight, so they did pommel/knee into an impale and then impaleslashed me, and then I tried to keep fighting instead of running away for a solid minute."
    Impaleslash is only dangerous when your legs are prepped... 

If anything, one would think there is more room for counterplay in - stick this affliction before breaking legs and going into a kill setup- then there is in -break legs and go into kill setup-.

If you see a BM looking for pre-impaleslash it should let you know your legs are prepped and you can play with that.

This isn't an argument for Blademasters are super balanced or underpowered just that your idea that getting impaleslashed whenever is death is not true. Impaleslash makes their kill setup stronger, and more reliable but that kill setup is still required.
  • edited April 2017
    If you do it right they have about a 1s window to walk out before you can break/impale after a pre impaleslash, with hamstring. It will fade immediately after the room movement though, plus walk/fly is a serious contender there since the BM will likely run under you instead of leap properly. Flyers takes eq, can't use it, so the chase is a guessing game. So there are chokepoints on both sides. I do agree though that Imapleslash sucks as it's designed. I suggested making it a torso salve affliction, but that would have made BM a bit too strong. Not sure how to fix it without a rework of the whole setup.

You can't remove it and kill with twists alone, then a double break becomes so much more deadly than it even is now. You can defend against Impaleslash, but you can't defend against the twists. So you have to adjust it some other way, but we haven't found a good solution to it yet.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Taryius said:
    Nazihk said:
    It's why blademasters are such bullshit to fight. After that impaleslash your options are basically "kill him before he can set up the kill again" or "run away until impale slash fades". Or "die", I guess, but that's a shitty option. When you add up all their survival tools and evasion tools and the effectiveness of their slow prep kills, my honest opinion is "fuck blademasters". They're amazingly unfun to deal with.

Impaleslash is only dangerous when your legs are prepped... 

If anything, one would think there is more room for counterplay in - stick this affliction before breaking legs and going into a kill setup- then there is in -break legs and go into kill setup-.

If you see a BM looking for pre-impaleslash it should let you know your legs are prepped and you can play with that.

This isn't an argument for Blademasters are super balanced or underpowered just that your idea that getting impaleslashed whenever is death is not true. Impaleslash makes their kill setup stronger, and more reliable but that kill setup is still required.

I think it's more the idea that once you get prepped, you have to basically just run for 3 minutes until the prep fades, because anytime you attack, they knees, impaleslash, and then you have to run til it fades. It fades, you attack again, they impaleslash again, you run til it fades again... until your legs reset.

I'm not saying there aren't necessarily stronger setups out there. But the whole "run for 30 seconds on this attack, rinse, repeat" is a pretty boring counter.

• Perhaps lowering it's duration to a drastically short one, but on the caveat that is gets refreshed on impale and bladetwist. Or, as @atalkez said make it a torso cure that also faded away after a duration giving you the choice of applying an curing instantly or waiting it out.

All spitballing, with no actual clue how that'd effect anything.
  • When I was fighting Atalkez over the weekend, I had my own prep reset on him because I'd have to disengage so many times. It was obnoxious to fight, not only for momentum classes, but as a prep class too.