Combat Logs

Comments

• edited September 2013
    Rangor said:
    Santar, please stop with the attempts to nerf sentinel. We rly like these bows man!
    u still got reflex meteors bro.

edit:

and reflex shoot was always crazy good too if you get the RNG to roll for you. remember caelan noose trap + lupine bow with jaguar reflexes on? If he got a couple arrows to hit you in a row. gg. Imagine how bad it'd have been with 100% accuracy.

• edited September 2013
    reflexed lupine bow give med like flashbacks from handaxe stun, only people die faster with bow. Handaxe stun was real bad, because you needed to stunlock someone for like minutes before they died. With lvl 3 reflexed bow, people dropp in 10 seconds.

I still miss handaxe stun though, even if it was really bad.
  • Honestly they should bring axestun back.
  • StrataStrata United States of Derp
    Even if the accuracy thing gets straightened out, nothing is stopping that Mhaldor Lupine+Soulspear Botnet.
  • edited September 2013
    Soul spear is a whole different issue. Taking a heart should destroy the body like spear does. I know some people have difficulties with decision making, but this will be a good exercise for you.

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    edited September 2013
    what do we need hearts for

x has slain x.

get body
    evoke soulspear from corpse

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • I have no soul. Clearly op.

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    you have no heart either >( guess i'll have to just mak another soulspear

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • You pull an arrow from your quiver and nock it to your bow.
    You train your expert eye on Arditi and let fly an arrow with breathtaking precision.
    Your arrow sails harmlessly past Arditi.
    4720h (100%), 4350m (100%), 92%e, 72%w 45% cdbk|e [Arditi]  (17:45:04.444)-

You pull an arrow from your quiver and nock it to your bow.
    You train your expert eye on Arditi and let fly an arrow with breathtaking precision.
    4720h (100%), 4350m (100%), 92%e, 72%w 45% cdbk|e [Arditi]  (17:45:08.104)-

4720h (100%), 4350m (100%), 92%e, 72%w 45% cdbk|e [Arditi]  (17:45:11.633)-

You train your expert eye on Saibel and let fly an arrow with breathtaking precision.
    Your arrow sails harmlessly past Saibel.
    4720h (100%), 4350m (100%), 92%e, 70%w 45% cdbk|e [Saibel]  (17:46:25.320)-

You train your expert eye on Saibel and let fly an arrow with breathtaking precision.
    4720h (100%), 4350m (100%), 92%e, 70%w 45% cdbk|e [Saibel]  (17:46:28.292)-

4720h (100%), 4350m (100%), 92%e, 70%w 45% cdbk|e [Saibel]  (17:46:31.336)-

4720h (100%), 4350m (100%), 92%e, 70%w 45% cdbk|e [Saibel]  (17:46:34.548)-

4720h (100%), 4350m (100%), 91%e, 69%w 45% cdbk|e [Saibel]  (17:46:37.901)-

4720h (100%), 4350m (100%), 91%e, 69%w 45% cdbk|e [Saibel]  (17:46:41.382)-

4720h (100%), 4350m (100%), 91%e, 68%w 45% cdbk|e [Saibel]  (17:46:46.932)-

4720h (100%), 4350m (100%), 90%e, 68%w 45% cdbk|e [Saibel]  (17:46:49.914)-

@Tecton, what in godsyour name did you do to my bow's accuracy? Time-stamps copied for relevancy, this is in the middle of a fight on Nishnatoba. I didn't record the whole thing, but as the time-stamps show, it's just miss after miss after miss after miss.

Trans Subterfuge, level 1 bow, Marksman trait.
  • Is an icewall up? No squint in the log. Are multiple icewalls up? Do you have clumsiness? Is that without aiming?

i'm a rebel

• @Jarrod hits 19/20 over icewalls. I don't know if that's with aiming or not.

No, I wasn't using Aiming, I was spamming my macro. And I think it was a firewall in my scenario, though I didn't squint to see. Shouldn't matter, that number of misses is retarded.
  • Does snipe line show miss if it hits a reflection? That might be your problem.

i'm a rebel

• We don't reflect Arditi.

• No, it doesn't. Re: ref

• Accuracy is extremely terrible right now for me, since the change. Talking 50% accuracy while aiming with no walls. Will get more numbers later.

With Lupine.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• Did they have dodging/weaving on? Serpents are dodgy. 

i'm a rebel

• Testing in adjacent rooms on battlements:

No Aim:

60 shots

47 hits

13 misses

21.7% miss rate

Aim:

60 shots

51 hits

9 misses

15% miss rate

This was considerably more hits than on Nishnatoba, which would indicate either unseen weather affecting accuracy, increased distance affecting accuracy, or the biggest slam of RNG in history.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• XerXer Langley
    edited September 2013
    I missed five shots in a row consistently with a Ranger's on Nishnatoba. 1/6 accuracy seems to be far gone in the opposite direction. Obviously will have to test more on Sapience, but Nish definitely seemed to have a lot more misses.

EDIT: Regarding distance, I also missed 3 shots in a row, hit one, then missed another 2 while flying directly above someone.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • Yeah, I think Techie's still trying to get the formula right. 

I think the intended function is this:
    Classed bow-wielders should always hit an unobstructed shot.
    Walls should virtually disallow you from ever hitting a shot.
    Non-classed bow wielders should have extremely mediocre accuracy.

• http://pastebin.com/JG4kqvRB

This is what I get for not updating svo :/
  • I just parsed back further in my log (what I still had in my prompt, anyway). Out of 31 shots, 23 were misses. 74% miss rate.
  • Something like, Ranger's bow 70% accuracy, add 10% per bow level, 10% for being classes, subtract 50% for major obstruction (wall), add 20% for aiming.

• Just tested with my lupine bow in Serpent form and marksman trait.

I hit 18/20.

That's much too low accuracy for Serpent. Serpents should never be missing normal snipe shots.

Now.. Dragonform, lupine bow, marksman trait:

11/20 hit. 

^That seems about right. I think that's around where the accuracy needs to be.

So maybe just buff the increase to accuracy that "wind" gives to boost back up classed-archer accuracy and call it good?

• edited September 2013
    I have never been more glad that grove lightning is a thing...

• 50% hit with a level 3 means level 1/2 aren't even worth considering apart from meteors.
  • Sidonia said:
    50% hit with a level 3 means level 1/2 aren't even worth considering apart from meteors.

This is the way it always was before. The super-accuracy was a bug that's only been present for the last 6-9 months.

Every class shouldn't get access to perfect accuracy shooting. That's a class perk.

• ugh, I agree with Santar here.  Fuck me.

Bows for non-class based should generally miss.  The advantage comes when your teammates snipe curare or something to help you hit with those lower accuracy bows.

Although, to be fair, I'm not entirely sure if bows are affected by normal dodging mechanics, so who knows.
  • edited September 2013

Santar said:
    This is the way it always was before. The super-accuracy was a bug that's only been present for the last 6-9 months.

Every class shouldn't get access to perfect accuracy shooting. That's a class perk.
    The main, intended function of an artefact only working 1 out of every 3 times seems like a total waste of credits. 50% for a level 1 would be okay imo, but for a lupine it seems too low.

edit: I agree that los needs a nerf, but I think those accuracy numbers are a bit low.