Auction Speculation

Comments

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    1) Both the strongbox and the quiver are provide non-decay for the items held within them.
    2) The quiver can only hold meteor arrows, you'd need a dragonskin quiver for your regular ones.
    3) The minion will last for up to 24 hours, or until killed or you summon a different one.
  • Thanks, @Tecton.

Also, @Sidonia is troll-flagging my posts.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • Or my reaction legitimately was WTF when you asked a question that is already answered in AUCTION INFO.

The minion will decay after one Achaean month (unless it is killed, or another minion is summoned). This can be used once per Achaean day, and the owner can only have a single minion summoned at a time.
  • KatzchenKatzchen Mhaldor
    Wow... that quiver is rather... sad for what it is. Only 50 meteor arrows, and you still need a regular quiver as well?

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• @Tecton: Curious, will there be more auctions this month or is this the set of auctions you were referring to in the announce that said there would be a series of them?
  • There will be at least one more auction this month. 
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    My poor wallet

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Batang said:

Sidonia said:
    Targossas-aligned (ex?) Druid walking around with undead pets.

Yeah.. no.
    And since you are such a smartass, maybe I'm buying it to keep it out of the wrong hands....I don't have to use it ya know.  I can always let the bloodsworn hang on to it for safekeeping
    The item itself sounds pretty dark.  It wouldn't take much to use it as a item to purify our enemies though.  We can purify the body (read burn) of the Overseer over and over.
  • Kyrra said:
    I can think of better things to do to the Overseer's body. Anyone have an idea what the rare mount is?
    @Kyrra - is that non sequitur?  Because you started talking about the Overseer's body, then switched to your desire for a rare mount... owait. :o
  • Batang said:
    Sarapis said:
    Batang said:
    Sidonia said:
    Targossas-aligned (ex?) Druid walking around with undead pets.

Yeah.. no.
    Wonder if the undead assumes class skills.  If I raise a knight, will he DSL?  or monk combo?  Druid maul and so on.
    No. It's more about getting to walk around with the corpse of <whoever> following you. Don't bid on it for combat advantage.

@Sarapis
    Bit to late to tell me not to bid on it.  Either way, I see some potentially fantastic RP avenues with this artifact.

However I am rather disappointed that it will do me no good combat wise.

Don't worry, you are sure to have competitors closer to the end date of the auctions. Let me rummage my credit stash first. Haha
  • Okay, next up:

1) How could the next auction be improved? (e.g. "Moar gold items" "Moar combat items")
    2) Are there any specific items folks would want to see?
  • I want to see several gold auctions for super awesome, one-of-a-kind items.
  • edited May 2013
    Oh, totally forgot about this until just now. One item I would absolutely love to see - and be willing to bid a lot on - is some kind of venom sac that would allow you to envenom weapons, traps, arrows, etc. without actually needing vials of the venoms. Unfortunately that's basically replicating the entire Venoms skill so not likely to ever happen.

So instead, perhaps a neverending vial containing a venom of the winners choice.
  • How about...

Sleigh Bell
    Once per Achaean month, during a relevant promotion period, you may RING SLEIGHBELL to summon Ironbeard.
  • Tahquil said:
    Sylvance said:
    How about...

Sleigh Bell
    Once per Achaean month, during a relevant promotion period, you may RING SLEIGHBELL to summon Ironbeard.
    ... and he comes and beats you senseless like the drunk he is?
    Sounds like you've had a rough past.
  •  

Lukan said:
    Tahquil said:
    Sylvance said:
    How about...

Sleigh Bell

Not really. Though I'm getting pretty tired of sitting in waiting rooms while my boyfriend has to get yet another xray.

• Tahquil said:

Lukan said:
    Tahquil said:
    Sylvance said:
    How about...

Sleigh Bell

Not really. Though I'm getting pretty tired of sitting in waiting rooms while my boyfriend has to get yet another xray.

This is... getting a little uncomfortable now, folks...
  • Okay, so time's been called on the first auction. I've not heard of any of the problems that took place last time, so did anybody else experience any hiccups?
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Yeah some tool outbid me on the morphing weapons. Now i have yo buy artefact shortswords

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • @Mishgul - There were two weapons. Which tool are you referring to?
  • Sylvance said:
    Tahquil said:

Lukan said:
    Tahquil said:
    Sylvance said:
    How about...

Sleigh Bell

This is... getting a little uncomfortable now, folks...
    ... I'm behind you.
  • Rosette of Winning

This artefact either allows you to win Achaea, or to envenom Blademaster swords. Your choice.
  • NemutaurNemutaur Germany
    edited May 2013
    Totem necklace: Runes will now last half a month (achaean) on your person instead of only 1 or 2 hours.
  • Nemutaur said:
    Totem necklace: Runes will now last half a month (achaean) on your person instead of only 1 or 2 hours.
    +1. Seriously. My only problem with this artefact is that I would stand a snowflake's chance of winning it. SoW item, please!
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Nemutaur said:

Pretty much allows a non-Runelore user to have Runicbinding, which is pretty cool.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."