Auction Speculation

Comments

• The custom enter/exit messages were in the last round of auctions, still visible on AUCTIONS:

4  WON    3000000/3000 Gold: Custom enter/exit messag Fendo              0
    25  WON    3500500/3500 Gold: Custom enter/exit messag Tael               0
    26  WON    3500500/3500 Gold: Custom enter/exit messag Silvarien          0

I think I've seen Silvarien's, but don't remember what it is. I haven't seen the other two though.
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    edited May 2013
    Silvarien has the other. I know I've got the lines somewhere. They're both neat in their own ways.

EDIT: Oh wait. there's a third. Tael got the third, never seen that one.
  • edited May 2013
    Fendo, Tael, and Silvarien got one in the last auction.

EDIT: Looks like I'm late to the party.
  • Tael's is something about baleful susurrations
  • EldEld
    edited May 2013
    Baleful susurrations steal through the air as Tael enters from the south.
    Indecipherable whispers rustle about Tael, fading as he departs to the up.

Silvarien arrives from the southeast, his eyes aglow with the promise of stories untold.
    Swept away by ethereal visions, Silvarien leaves to the southwest.

Darkened skin drinking in the nearby light, Fendo slinks in from the southeast.

I don't seem to have Fendo's exit.
  • Silvarien psychically projects stories into your head, Fendo slinks/fades into the shadows, dunno what the last one is.
  • Auction 10: A celestial quiver, providing stasis for up to 50 meteor arrows.

Were meteor arrows updated to be stored in artie quivers, or is the above a prelude of such an update?
  • Storing meteor arrows is the main draw. So, neither.
  • A golden scarab. You can use it on a player's corpse to mummify them, and then order the mummy to shamble around and your bidding.

Auction 15: A thurible of Soulbleed, allowing the reanimation of a player corpse as a minion.
    Close enough
  • I'm going to win 15 and 12

• Hayte said:
    A golden scarab. You can use it on a player's corpse to mummify them, and then order the mummy to shamble around and your bidding.

Auction 15: A thurible of Soulbleed, allowing the reanimation of a player corpse as a minion.
    Close enough
    Neat. I await my free one as originator of the idea. Copyright and patent pending©®™.
  • Targossas-aligned (ex?) Druid walking around with undead pets.

Yeah.. no.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo

Hayte said:
    A golden scarab. You can use it on a player's corpse to mummify them, and then order the mummy to shamble around and your bidding.

Reminds of Aetolia, where you can raise many kind of undead from player corpses... 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Sidonia said:
    Targossas-aligned (ex?) Druid walking around with undead pets.

Yeah.. no.
    Wonder if the undead assumes class skills.  If I raise a knight, will he DSL?  or monk combo?  Druid maul and so on.

• well I'm gonna win it

I doubt anyone is gonna pay 6k for it!

•  

Sidonia said:

Yeah.. no.
    And since you are such a smartass, maybe I'm buying it to keep it out of the wrong hands....I don't have to use it ya know.  I can always let the bloodsworn hang on to it for safekeeping

• Disagreed because I am morally opposed to triple posts.
  • Hayte said:

Close enough
    Yep. I've long fantasized about a whole class that reanimates dead corpses and pieces them together.....but Blujixapug's idea was a fun shortcut for the auction, if largely a cosmetic one, since the corpses aren't going to be giant combat advantages or anything.
  • Batang said:
    Sidonia said:

Yeah.. no.
    Wonder if the undead assumes class skills.  If I raise a knight, will he DSL?  or monk combo?  Druid maul and so on.
    No. It's more about getting to walk around with the corpse of <whoever> following you. Don't bid on it for combat advantage.
  • edited May 2013
    Sarapis said:
    Batang said:
    Sidonia said:

Yeah.. no.
    No. It's more about getting to walk around with the corpse of <whoever> following you. Don't bid on it for combat advantage.

@Sarapis
    Bit to late to tell me not to bid on it.  Either way, I see some potentially fantastic RP avenues with this artifact.

However I am rather disappointed that it will do me no good combat wise.

• @Sarapis: I'm too poor to bid on auctions, but I think that it'd be pretty cool flavor if the corpses could use attacks tied to their abilities when they were alive (eg. bashing attacks, maybe, drawn straight from their class flavor text), and I agree very thoroughly that the artefact ought to be a flavor-only, no-combat-advantage thing.

(please add a legit necromancer class like that :( I've wanted to play something like that for years :( )

• scroll of wisdom
    allows you to keep all lessons invested in a skill if you quit the class.

ex: You quit tri-trans runewarden and become a shaman. You still have runelore transcended.
    It could potentially allow someone to trans all skills and just switch back and forth between classes without having to re-learn.
  • Batang said:
    Sarapis said:
    Batang said:
    Sidonia said:

Yeah.. no.

@Sarapis
    Bit to late to tell me not to bid on it.  Either way, I see some potentially fantastic RP avenues with this artifact.

However I am rather disappointed that it will do me no good combat wise.

It'll do the winner a bit of good combat-wise, but it is really not intended to be bought for its combat value. Think of that as gravy rather than the meat.
  • Nim said:

@Sarapis: I'm too poor to bid on auctions, but I think that it'd be pretty cool flavor if the corpses could use attacks tied to their abilities when they were alive (eg. bashing attacks, maybe, drawn straight from their class flavor text), and I agree very thoroughly that the artefact ought to be a flavor-only, no-combat-advantage thing.

Yeah, that'd be cool, but keep in mind we're talking about a single artefact sold to a single person.
  • Hrm, I'm wondering about the quiver... first, does "stasis" mean the meteors will decay as in a bag of stasis, or will they not decay at all? Second, does it allow you to shoot meteors without first getting them out?

Only 50 meteors seems like a rather low limit, but ah well.

I'm quite disappointed about the Fluency Necklace, to be honest. There are many language-related auctions that could have happened, and they went for one that simply bypasses the language system and feels like a waste to anyone who already invested in learning languages.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    edited May 2013
    Iocun said:
    Hrm, I'm wondering about the quiver... first, does "stasis" mean the meteors will decay as in a bag of stasis, or will they not decay at all?
    AUCTION INFO 10 said:

As an added bonus, they'll be held in a state of stasis, free from the ravages of time and decay.

They will not decay at all.
  • edited May 2013
    Yeah, I read that. Just wanted to ask to be totally sure, since "stasis" usually just means "slower decay" in Achaea.
  • Does the quiver hold regular arrows in addition to the meteors, or no?

• @Tecton - how long does the corpse-flunky last?
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.