Targossas, the Dawnspear

Comments

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited February 2013
    @Aliath - Clearly you have not explored Neraeos' temple, or the various water rooms of Cyrene!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Aliath said:
    Need to move the city limits a bit at least, cutting right through the eastern shore and parts of Shaastan, which makes it rather annoying going to certain places with totems in the way
    I was going to say something similar but there is now a road and something like a bridge to connect north/south eastern shore. Now refuges just need to keep cool and let people walking through it in peace! It's a road, not Targossas! Be happy and stay with your collection of brand new little islands, river, awesome waterfalls (and raiders when they come) -in- Targossas! To make the entire road -outside Targossas- protected is just an inconvenience for all. Imagine Ashtan claiming Prelatorian highway, or Hashan North road, tsk, tsk. 

Being asked to leave from a road.. That was a surprise, but at least it was not a group of dragons biting me on sight!
  • Josoul said:
    Aliath said:
    Need to move the city limits a bit at least, cutting right through the eastern shore and parts of Shaastan, which makes it rather annoying going to certain places with totems in the way
    I was going to say something similar but there is now a road and something like a bridge to connect north/south eastern shore. Now refuges just need to keep cool and let people walking through it in peace! It's a road, not Targossas! Be happy and stay with your collection of brand new little islands, river, awesome waterfalls (and raiders when they come) -in- Targossas! To make the entire road -outside Targossas- protected is just an inconvenience for all. Imagine Ashtan claiming Prelatorian highway, or Hashan North road, tsk, tsk. 

Being asked to leave from a road.. That was a surprise, but at least it was not a group of dragons biting me on sight!
    Ashtan has already totemed the entire Central wild by Ashtan and bog. Mhaldor totemed basically of the isle. Stupid shit needs to stop imo. 
  • edited February 2013
    @Aliath, on exits: I actually see the slice-through as a weakness. That's going to be a lot of defendables for them to protect. I wouldn't be surprised if it were walled up on one side, letting a path through Solace Bay.

@Vansittart, on names: Although I've eased off a bit, this:

Two pages of mild interest, 5 pages of whinging about the name.  You guys, I bet Deucalora are so incentivised right now to carry on working - for free, purely for your own enjoyment remember.

I realise names are important but honest to goodness do you listen to yourselves sometimes?  Does no-one read this thread and think, wow this is negative and whingy and I just got something huge, plus a sandbox to play in and gosh it can't be easy to work up a whole new area all the time trying to keep a disparate group of players happy.  I know maybe I'll redress the balance with some excitement?

You guys: Silas was the most positive person in this thread.  Silas.

Y'all go away and think about that.

...is ridiculous.

I'll not assume who's responsible for what, because those assumptions are, at the end of the day, often vastly misinformed. Maybe it was proposed by a paid staff member like Sarapis or Tecton, as high-end production decisions can be. Maybe it was an offhand comment by a Celani who's since bit the dust. Maybe Deucora quit months ago and are being puppeteered by the Poergh Collective. I have no real way of knowing.

What I do know is that the reasons haven't been well-articulated, because this isn't something where you just pick apart the logic and forensic-science its last meal. Whether it appeals or appalls, it does so on a very basic level. There may be reasons, sure -- but they're irrelevant.

While I'd like to personally ease off a bit, expressing criticism does not a negativity make. Some of it is very negative, granted, but you're painting with a very wide brush.
  • Darroth said:
    Josoul said:
    Aliath said:

Ashtan has already totemed the entire Central wild by Ashtan and bog. Mhaldor totemed basically of the isle. Stupid shit needs to stop imo. 
    If you can claim and hold it, good for you, imo.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Darroth said:

Josoul said:

Aliath said:

Ashtan totemed to two south of the gates of Ashtan, which is defendable. :)
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Kyrra said:
    There are shrines nw, n of NoT and a few more north of NoT as well.  Those personal totems though if that's what you mean.

• Inside the Mausoleum of Ekary Lucoster. (Central Wilderness)
    A runic totem is planted solidly in the ground.
    You see a single exit leading south.
    8936h, 6943m, 35192e, 31958w cexkdb-

Expertly formed from carefully carved wood and thick leather, this runic totem 
    protrudes almost five feet from the ground, although it is not particularly 
    thick in diameter. Largely unadorned, its smooth surface is interrupted only by 
    the delicate silver inlay that defines spaces for six runes.

A rune shaped like a butterfly is sketched in slot 3. (nairat: transfix)
    A rune like a closed eye is sketched in slot 4. (fehu: sleep)
    A rune like a closed eye is sketched in slot 5. (fehu: sleep)
    A rune like a closed eye is sketched in slot 6. (fehu: sleep)
    It is tuned against enemies of Dunn Lichlord, Herald of the Outer Cold.
    It weighs about 30 pounds.
    It bears the distinctive mark of Dunn.
    You may use this item to parry with.

(One room north of NoT)
    Along the Prelatorian Highway (road). (Central Wilderness)
    A ladder of long, soft leaves comprises a wispy Weaver's Fern along the ground. 
    The glint of a bar of gold draws your eye downwards. A runic totem is planted 
    solidly in the ground.
    You see exits leading northeast and south.
    Your blindness is cured by a wunjo rune on a totem.
    Your attention is grabbed and held by a fascinating butterfly-like rune. (transfixed +)
    You spy a fehu rune on a totem.
    Your insomnia has cleared up.
    You feel incredibly tired, and fall asleep immediately.
    You feel yourself calm down as the kola nut wears off.

Along the Prelatorian Highway (road). (Central Wilderness)
    solidly in the ground.
    You see exits leading northeast and southwest.
    Your attention is grabbed and held by a fascinating butterfly-like rune. (transfixed +)

Deeply rutted highway (road). (Central Wilderness)
    solidly in the ground.
    You see exits leading north and southwest.
    8936h, 5793m, 35362e, 31730w cexkdb-(-96 Mana)

A rune like an open eye is sketched in slot 2. (wunjo: cure blind)
    A rune shaped like a butterfly is sketched in slot 3. (nairat: transfix)
    It bears the distinctive mark of Earionduil.
    This totem is the property of Dunn Lichlord, Herald of the Outer Cold.

Highway skirting a bog (road). (Central Wilderness)
    solidly in the ground. A scantily clad woman leans against the wall with a 
    suggestive leer.
    You see exits leading north, northeast, south, and west.

Highway skirting a bog (road). (Central Wilderness)
    solidly in the ground.
    You see exits leading south, southwest, and west.

Prelatorian Highway north of bog (road). (Central Wilderness)
    solidly in the ground.
    You see exits leading east, southwest, and west.

Prelatorian Highway north of a bog (road). (Central Wilderness)
    solidly in the ground.
    You see exits leading north, east, and south.
    Your limbs lock up in paralysis as you see an inguz rune on a totem.
    8936h, 5711m, 35454e, 31533w cexkd-(-90 Mana)

• Veldrin said:
    A proper name is bloody well important. Don't expect the 'Singing Violins' to be a group of butchers.
     I'd expect it to be a Blademaster sword.

Chord:

It was my sword. :'(

• The Prelatorian Highway (road). (Central Wilderness)
    solidly in the ground.
    You see exits leading south and northwest.

The Prelatorian Highway (road). (Central Wilderness)
    solidly in the ground.
    You see exits leading north and southeast.

Junction of the Northern Highway (road). (Central Wilderness)
    solidly in the ground.
    You see exits leading north and south.

On the Prelatorian Highway (road). (Central Wilderness)
    solidly in the ground.
    You see exits leading east, south, and northwest.

Do you get the picture yet?

• An unfinished road off the Prelatorian Highway (road). (Central Wilderness)
    A ladder of long, soft leaves comprises a wispy Weaver's Fern along the ground. 
    You see exits leading southeast and west.

On a well-travelled road (road). (Central Wilderness)
    You see exits leading east and northwest.

A bend in the road (road). (Central Wilderness)
    An enormous black orb spins slowly in mid-air here above a golden pedestal. 
    Overflowing with blood and other trophies of the dead, a sacrificial altar to 
    the Lord of Warfare has been erected nearby. A runic totem is planted solidly in
    the ground.
    You see exits leading northeast, southeast, and west.
    8936h, 6381m, 35852e, 31177w cexkdb-

A rune like an open eye is sketched in slot 1. (wunjo: cure blind)
    A rune shaped like a butterfly is sketched in slot 2. (nairat: transfix)
    A rune that looks like a stick man is sketched in slot 3. (inguz: paralysis)
    It bears the distinctive mark of Earionduil.

A hidden path (road). (Central Wilderness)

A hidden path (road). (Central Wilderness)

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Achilles said:

Kyrra said:

There are shrines nw, n of NoT and a few more north of NoT as well.  Those personal totems though if that's what you mean.

Yes, it's precisely what I meant. They are personal totems and not org property.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• 12.3.1 Ashtan, Bastion of the North

[CITY LEADERS]
                          Overseer: Dunn

Just because they are technically Dunn's totems does not mean that they aren't actually Ashtan's totems. They totemed a good portion of Petra, all the northern Central Wilderness, and the bog. Don't argue that isn't retarded.

• YueYue
    edited February 2013
    Kyrra said:
    Kyrra said:
    Yes, it's precisely what I meant. They are personal totems and not org property.
    Dunn is the Overseer of Ashtan!!!

Edit: Oh, ninja'd. I'm slow today.
  • Dunn said:

God these tears are glorious. Let's return to whining about what Deucalion and Aurora have been working hard on for you, though. 

Actually, it started with an Ashtani whining about how aggressively Targossians were defending their area, and ended with us conclusively proving that such whining was baldfaced hypocrisy.

So actually, the shoe's on the other foot.
  • Urm. Find a runelorist. Ask him to uproot it. Problem solved.
  • edited February 2013
    Cooper said:
    You guys are so strange and quick to jump on the 'omg you're a retard' bandwagon without even reading what people write.

I reasonably expressed my dislike about the name of the new city/area when asked by Sarapis to do so. It wasn't whining or entitled.

I then showed my distaste for how that thread was handled - largely ignoring that the largest part of results had the players not liking the name and how short the thread was allowed to stay open.

The only time I've truly criticized Achaea for being bad was when the admin let the previous leadership of Shallam completely drive it into the ground without changing things. And they eventually listened to that feedback (of course a large number of other players expressed the same opinion).

I told Tecton straight up that the most recent auction ending early despite him giving a specific time for it to end was stupid and ridiculous. He knows that is true. I know that they couldn't have handled it differently after it happened.

If you want to pick someone and yell at them because they are immature and entitled and only talk shit about Achaea, you picked the wrong poster boy. I have created probably 5 threads over the years with the specific purpose of thanking the admin of Achaea for creating a great gaming environment for us. I routinely give kudos to Tecton for how he handles situations. I regularly thank him and other admin for quick responses on issues and lots of other things. I've sent emails to Jumpy -and- another producer of an IRE game to express gratitude for how Achaea is run.

I give feedback and criticism in a good manner, and nearly every problem I've ever brought up with Achaea has been fixed. Tecton (and recently Sarapis) also put up with me avoiding the issue and bug systems for things I need fixed quickly or were way out of line, etc.

tl;dr - you should pick a different person to let your anger out on regarding this topic, because I couldn't really be farther from what you said I am.
    You really can't argue with that. Good point, @Cooper. Nicely and maturely stated, as well.
  • no1currrrrr
    My free mudlet scripts can be had HERE.
  • Daeir said:
    Oh, the humanMhunity.
    FTFY
  • Tanaar said:
    God these tears are glorious. Let's return to whining about what Deucalion and Aurora have been working hard on for you, though. 
    Actually, it started with an Ashtani whining about how aggressively Targossians were defending their area, and ended with us conclusively proving that such whining was baldfaced hypocrisy. So actually, the shoe's on the other foot.
    Oh you mean the non raiders whining about wanting to explore? Yeah, they don't count for these purposes. I did my exploring by force :)

• edited February 2013
    Nothing to see here, folks.