Achaean Raves

Comments

• Rajan said:
    Despite someone's disappointment at the organization (or lackthereof) and someone else's hilariously embarassing whining about "RP," @Aegoth's necro-ritual in the Black Forest was good, clean, family-friendly fun.

Also, I love Bladesuicide, really adds to Blademaster.
    I think the ritual failed because he didn't sacrifice a goat, or at least I missed that part in all the spam and attacks. 
  • He can't even remember his own advice. -sadshake-
  • Aegoth said:
    Shit you're right.. I forgot the goat :( I failed myself
    And here I thought you were just going for a white goat...
  • ...for a change ;)
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• The Lord of Darkness isn't resting!

• It's something. Still don't know why they refuse to just get rid of exterm and forest defs, period.

• Because the next week the forums would be filled with unsubtle and violent jabs at the players of  Eleusian that they cried hard enough the admin tilted.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    edited June 2017
    Actually, this current change is more likely to fill the forums with jabs about admin tilting than just deleting exterm and forest defs entirely.

There are players who would rather be rid of the entire mechanic and demonstrated an expectation that the last few days would lead to it being deleted. This is contrasted by how many Mhaldorian players view this change as a one-sided nerf for their end. 

• Unlike you guys, always killing poor Tuck to start a fight with us. What'd he ever do? :(
  • Tuck, Hutchings and Winni, probably have a worse KD than me :(
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• edited June 2017
    Alrena said:
    Skye said:
    Actually, this current change is more likely to fill the forums with jabs about admin tilting than just deleting exterm and forest defs entirely.

There are players who would rather be rid of the entire mechanic and demonstrated an expectation that the last few days would lead to it being deleted. This is contrasted by how many Mhaldorian players view this change as a one-sided nerf for their end. 
    To me it seems like it's been turned into just a way to pick a fight. Exterming an entire forest takes as long as rejuvenating it does, excluding replanting. Longer if you get people summoning you.  And Eleusis has a way to pick a fight now too beyond defiling/raiding. Seems all good to me. 
    I am upset I cannot vivify the entire island solo when no one is around. ;p
  • UtianimaUtianima Norway and Austria
    Rangor said:
    Alrena said:
    Skye said:

To me it seems like it's been turned into just a way to pick a fight. Exterming an entire forest takes as long as rejuvenating it does, excluding replanting. Longer if you get people summoning you.  And Eleusis has a way to pick a fight now too beyond defiling/raiding. Seems all good to me. 
    Well, you can always uproot :P

• Utianima said:
    Rangor said:
    Alrena said:
    Skye said:

Well, you can always uproot :P
    I like the way you think!
  • That's kind of what started this entire conflict...

• UtianimaUtianima Norway and Austria
    Cooper said:
    That's kind of what started this entire conflict...
    That was the joke ;)

• Hey here are some super annoying mechanics that many voices on both sides agree would be delighted to see go...... let's just spread the annoying mechanics to both sides.

Um. Okay.

• edited June 2017
    The biggest issue with exterm is that it had no counterpart. Fixed
  • @Saeva  / @Ysela

If they had just gotten rid of it entirely (since Targossians/ other conflict instigators can't get in on it and have to resort to raid/defiling), it would have been better.

Even just a brief re-awakening played by an Admin of Gaia having a conversation with Artemis would have been brilliant.  In turn of the Forest Defenses faltering and fading away, the forests now have the energy to make extermination impossible barring fun large-scale RP events/rituals.  Then they go back to being afk gods and now no more Exterms, no more shenanigans of exterming off-plan / off-hours.
  • edited June 2017
    Frederich said:
    @Saeva  / @Ysela

If they had just gotten rid of it entirely (since Targossians/ other conflict instigators can't get in on it and have to resort to raid/defiling), it would have been better.

Eastern Reaches can now be Vivified / Exterminated.

New skill in Devotion: PURIFY.
    Cooldown: 6.00 seconds of equilibrium.
    Resource: 5% devotion and 1000 mana.
    The taint of Mhaldor Isle is destructive to Creation; while standing upon the foggy land you may enact a cleansing ritual of Light to drive away the foul mist. Evil's servants will find that as their land becomes purified, so too does their ability to regain necromantic essence weaken.

Additionally- since the forces of Nature see fit to interfere in Creation's business- you may also initiate the ritual in any forestal soil to drive back their presence, reclaiming the land for Creation in much the same way that Exterminations claim the land for the Lord of Evil.

Take note: prolonged use of purification will take a toll on your devotion reserves, and you will find that each subsequent attempt incurs a greater cost in essence than the last to perform. This will also undo any effects of extermination or vivification that has been carried out in the Eastern Reaches.

--

Go forth and spread/partake in the dickery!
  • TasuuTasuu SoCal
    edited June 2017
    I was doing well a rampage but mudlet froze when I was c/ping things to go over. I feel like I had a shot at winning it. I also wondered why everything hurt so much and realize I had no ringmail.
    100 year old Supernoob :(
  • Raves for @Morthif and @Caelan for making it a 2v2! Wish I could stay a little longer, but housework :(
  • Raves for @Morthif and @Caelan for making it a 2v2! Wish I could stay a little longer, but housework :(
    Yeah, totally found an issue with my curing.  Literally spammed my screen.  Had to keep disabling triggers and trying to fix and not die manually.  What a shitty defence leader I was today.  So damn bummed about it because it wasn't like "oh we got bested" it was "my shit's being dumb OH NOES!"

Next time I won't let you bash so peacefully :D 

• Phase 1 of secret Hashani project got submitted - thanks @Regi @Chris @Ireth for the support! Feels good when it's not just you that thinks an idea's fun, and I look forward to the feedback/criticisms.