Ask your Producer: August 2015

14567810»

Comments

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Kei said:
    Aside from the much-beloved weather system, about how much of the code would you say is still a horrible sanity-sapping mass of tentacles and goto statements that you would love to rip out and bring some sort of order, good coding practices, and standards to?

And would you like to trade with all of the legacy systems I get to do this with every day?

Assuming all of this is not too private information, anyway.
    Hrrm, we've been rewriting most of it as we deal with many of our larger projects, thankfully. There's still a few stubborn bastions that we're too afraid to tackle, as they're held together with some scary blood magic (and duct tape).
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    edited August 2015
    Do you chill, hang out and play other games with your fellow members of the Garden? (aside from the wife, of course!) If yes, what do you play?
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

Ruth said:
    Do you chill, hang out and play other games with your fellow members of the Garden? (aside from the wife, of course!) If yes, what do you play?
    Yep, I was in a WoW guild with many of the Garden members for a while, many of the IRE producers will try out new games when they come out (for "research" purposes), and quite often we'll play together!
  • Tecton said:

Razzlo said:
    Probably has come up before, but what are the general dimensions of Sapience in miles/km . I am curious.
    Actually, never come up before, and I honestly have no idea, not something we've ever determined!
    Somewhere around 1200 miles east to west at the bulge in mainland Sapience actually, I think.
  • Please end the thread with a picture of your donkeys or goats. (or was it lambs...?)
    Thank you to everyone (except @Cooper :p ) for the great questions I look forward to the next one!
This discussion has been closed.