Ask your Producer: Year 650 Edition

Comments

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Kinilan said:
    Tecton said:
    Kinilan said:
    Kashar. Will we ever be able to go there?
    I'm not going to say never.
    But it's not something currently being planned for
    I wouldn't say that either.
  • AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    Is there actual city version fullplate or is the only free(?) choice to change fullplate to just the blackened one and how do I go about doing it?

edited March 2014
    Amanu said:
    Is there actual city version fullplate or is the only free(?) choice to change fullplate to just the blackened one and how do I go about doing it?
    There are no "city" versions of forged items. Some houses have a weapon and/or armour customisation denizen in their househall that will put a set customisation on things.
  • edited March 2014
    @Amanu Pretty hard to see how that'd be worth the time and money.
  • Any plans to clarify HELP PK in consideration of recent forum debate on the topic?

ie. Chasing from Treacherous Planes to outside of Treacherous Planes, when can you hire a mark, etc?
  • AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    To add to an earlier question on City Improvements, might there be possible upgrades? Like spending another million or so to kick up Pillar of the Moon from 10% to 15%.

Amanu said:
    To add to an earlier question on City Improvements, might there be possible upgrades? Like spending another million or so to kick up Pillar of the Moon from 10% to 15%.
    Probably not with existing improvements like the scimitar and pillar - we may offer that with new improvements.
  • AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    Sarapis said:

Probably true.. Was a possibility I had on mind for a few months now.

• Is the crystal skull a real item to be found while diving or just an urban legend?
  • AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    When might the next IronCon tickets start to sell?

Kinilan said:
    Is the crystal skull a real item to be found while diving or just an urban legend?
    It is a real item, yes.
    Amanu said:
    When might the next IronCon tickets start to sell?
    Probably some time around November/December - we'll be sure to announce it beforehand.
  • AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    What does the Staff of Nicator do?

Amanu said:
    What does the Staff of Nicator do?
    Win it and find out!
  • AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    Should have known!

• edited March 2014
    Sarapis said:

Flavor, for one. Probably the citizen knights would appreciate having an option to get a distinctive city-based appearance for their armour. 

Oh, right, question for @Tecton: What are the odds of another artefact discount event?

• Tecton said:
    Melodie said:

I know Targossian Houses are incoming for 650 - what about the rest of the Houses? We're all very curious when/how any new changes related to them will be coming in.

For y650 itself - what kind of vendors can we expect this year? Will there be per-city vendors again, to help promote city-centric things? I heard something about the New Thera Annex getting opened up too - does that mean there will also be general wares as well? Bazaar(s) planned? WILL I FINALLY GET MY LEGENDSTEED EQUINE?!

Is an artefact sale anywhere on the near horizon? What sort of items (both credits and gold) can we expect for the auctions?

A while back, it was mentioned there was a "big event" in the planning - probably not on the scale of Bal'met precisely, but large and world-wide involved. How is planning coming for that? When-ish can we expect for that to begin?

Houses: After Targossas.
    Y650: You'll have to wait and see.
    Artefact sale: Very unlikely you'll ever see an artefact discount sale again.
    Event: Always under design/development. You'll see when it starts.
    @Synbios
  • Ah, missed that. Looking on the polonium-laced lining of the cloud though, the word 'very unlikely' denotes a probability which, while small, is still a non-zero value. Thus, optimism is still present.

• hi, sorry for the format, wont get home before the thread closes.
    1) how much of the total rooms is achaean ranger 1st class? How about aspiring ranger?
    2) with the new explorers rankings, does the count change every time a room/area is added/changed?
    3) why was it in the plans for Twilight temple to be destroyed? Is that going to happen to more temples to make inner temples smaller?
    4) classleads happen once a year or less often?
    5) I see combat reducing defense play while doing offense (see: occies not being able to hman/aeon/torc paralyze while using ents). How do you feel about perma-paralysis/prone stacking classes/tactics? (Dstab/dsl paralysis, sentinel axes easy prone locks, etc) Are those going to be looked at so people cant stall the opponent while moving forward in their setup? Maybe by adjusting paralysis effect to not stop everything or something?
    6) deepsea fish, is bass better than carp certain times of an achaean day and the other way?
    7) is there a high limit cap a fish can have in weight? Did any in the rankings hit that yet?
    edited March 2014
    Josoul said:
    hi, sorry for the format, wont get home before the thread closes. 1) how much of the total rooms is achaean ranger 1st class? How about aspiring ranger? 2) with the new explorers rankings, does the count change every time a room/area is added/changed? 3) why was it in the plans for Twilight temple to be destroyed? Is that going to happen to more temples to make inner temples smaller? 4) classleads happen once a year or less often? 5) I see combat reducing defense play while doing offense (see: occies not being able to hman/aeon/torc paralyze while using ents). How do you feel about perma-paralysis/prone stacking classes/tactics? (Dstab/dsl paralysis, sentinel axes easy prone locks, etc) Are those going to be looked at so people cant stall the opponent while moving forward in their setup? Maybe by adjusting paralysis effect to not stop everything or something? 6) deepsea fish, is bass better than carp certain times of an achaean day and the other way? 7) is there a high limit cap a fish can have in weight? Did any in the rankings hit that yet?
    Holy wall of questions, Batman

1) I think 95% and 90% off the top of my head.
    2) Percentage/Rank stays the same, but players ranks go down as the total number of rooms goes up, as their relative explored percentage decreases.
    3) That was part of the event, could have gone either way depending on how the players interacted with the ritual.
    4) Usually somewhere between 1 - 4 times per year.
    5) Something we're always monitoring
    6) Nope.
    7) Yes, and no.
  • If I have questions about the GMCP document, how should I ask them?

Send a message parrot to parrot them in the ears of the astoundingly awesome @Cardan? Weave the subconscious thoughts of humanity as a whole to make them appear in the form of errors, typos, or other such things until they're understood? PM? New topic? ISSUE ME? E-mail?

Sorry for getting weird, I know e-mail is an unusual thing... I can stick with cosmic manipulation if that feels safer D:
    Nim said:
    If I have questions about the GMCP document, how should I ask them?

Send a message parrot to parrot them in the ears of the astoundingly awesome @Cardan? Weave the subconscious thoughts of humanity as a whole to make them appear in the form of errors, typos, or other such things until they're understood? PM? New topic? ISSUE ME? E-mail?

Sorry for getting weird, I know e-mail is an unusual thing... I can stick with cosmic manipulation if that feels safer D:
    If you have questions on how to use GMCP, a forums thread is probably easiest - many players will be able to help you out. If you feel theres a bug or correction needed, just file a TYPO in-game.

10 minutes left!
  • edited March 2014
    Would you consider adding in different weapons (cosmetic shifts, same stat distribution as existing weapons) if someone else did all the design work? 

• Thank you!
    One last one if I'm in time: will Azatlan/Therophage be released/explorable by the end of 2014? 
    I lied, there's more, how about Seleucar in Meropis or the Southeast part of Meropis continent?
    Trey said:
    Would you consider adding in different weapons (cosmetic shifts, same stat distribution as existing weapons) if someone else did all the design work? 

No plans at this stage, no. Already enough weapons that we need to find uses for!
  • Chops. Worst thing in Achaea or the WORST thing in Achaea?
  • @Tecton What is your favourite food and beverage?
  • If you took on another God role again, which one would it be, why, and wh-why not Pandora y-you jerk? :(

Disregard the jerk comment if it actually was Pandora... b-baka...
This discussion has been closed.