Quick Questions

Comments

• More likely asking about the effect of the human sip bonus, if they're also asking about losing the human crit bonus. Sounds like Ysela is contemplating a race change.
  • IIRC the critical sips are 10% chance for 10% extra sip, so unless you rolled high on the initial sip you're not going to notice the difference most likely, but it definitely adds up over the long term considering how much you're sipping
  • Eld said:
    Ysela said:
    Does anyone know the (rough) change in hunting DPS from losing the human crit bonus but gaining one int to 17 int? With lvl2 crit artefact, at around lvl90.

While I'm asking: thoughts on the impact of critical sips? I've never noticed it much myself
    At level 90 with a level 2 pendant, assuming the human crit bonus is 1% (I'm not sure if that's correct or not), losing it will reduce your dps by about 3%. If it's .5%, it would be a 1.5% reduction. The effect of int will depend on your class. Assuming that your attack is actually affected by int, going from 16 to 17 should be very roughly about 4% before counting diminishing returns, which will reduce it somewhat. That estimate of the effect of the int change is based on an old formula that may not be accurate anymore, though. Also, keep in mind that the benefit from the crit bonus will increase as your base crit rate goes up (until it caps at level 99). At 99, it'll be a 2-4% decrease (again, depending on the actual number for the human bonus).

Not sure what you mean by "critical sips". 
    Ah, forgot the class. Magi.

And yes, critical sips as in the chance for extra healing from sipping.

Thanks for the info, all of you.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited April 2016
    I swapped from human and while there was a difference, it was slight enough that I didn't really notice until I did math.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Ysela said:
    Eld said:
    Ysela said:
    Does anyone know the (rough) change in hunting DPS from losing the human crit bonus but gaining one int to 17 int? With lvl2 crit artefact, at around lvl90.

While I'm asking: thoughts on the impact of critical sips? I've never noticed it much myself
    At level 90 with a level 2 pendant, assuming the human crit bonus is 1% (I'm not sure if that's correct or not), losing it will reduce your dps by about 3%. If it's .5%, it would be a 1.5% reduction. The effect of int will depend on your class. Assuming that your attack is actually affected by int, going from 16 to 17 should be very roughly about 4% before counting diminishing returns, which will reduce it somewhat. That estimate of the effect of the int change is based on an old formula that may not be accurate anymore, though. Also, keep in mind that the benefit from the crit bonus will increase as your base crit rate goes up (until it caps at level 99). At 99, it'll be a 2-4% decrease (again, depending on the actual number for the human bonus).

Not sure what you mean by "critical sips". 
    Ah, forgot the class. Magi.

And yes, critical sips as in the chance for extra healing from sipping.

Thanks for the info, all of you.
    I think the short answer on the crit bonus vs int boost is that the int will probably be slightly better for where you're at now, but probably not by enough to really notice, but that by the time you hit 99, the crits will probably be at least as valuable. And if you ever upgrade to a level 3 pendant, the crits will almost certainly be more beneficial than the extra point of int.

There is a fair amount of guesswork in that breakdown, since I don't know exactly how the int scaling works (especially the diminishing returns). Also, those estimates didn't account for battlerage. Since battlerage damage doesn't scale with any stats, that estimated 4% only applies to your staffcast damage; the boost to your overall DPS will be somewhat smaller (how much smaller depends on what the base DPS for staffcast is, which I don't know). Bottom line is that I doubt the differences will be big enough to notice unless you're doing some fairly meticulous tracking of your bashing, but I would expect the crits to be slightly more beneficial in the long run.
  • Did anyone figure out what the deal is with the water-stained Kashari scroll?
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Jukilian said:
    Did anyone figure out what the deal is with the water-stained Kashari scroll?
    You're the third person I've seen get it and nobody can figure out what it is. Paging @Makarios

Huh. Neat.
  • SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    I want my new class... So I can just buy more everything lol

• Has anyone with gloves noticed their extracting numbers are lower than before? When I first got the gloves, I was extracting between 3 - 4 of each prime per room. Now, that number has gone down to anywhere from 1 - 4, with most of the numbers being between 1 - 3 (4 being kinda rare). While the balance time on extracting is helpful, I don't like this one bit. As a matter of fact, it has pissed me off.

These gloves have gone from my most favorite artie (seriously, I loved them) to frustrating.

Has there been a silent nerf? If so, that sucks badly because synthesis is already pretty awful in comparison to harvesting.
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• Doesn't it also depend on how often the place is extracted from and how long it's been since someone extracted there? 

• Yeah, primes basically work like plants (having varying "densities" that gradually replenish as they're left alone, and the higher the density the more you extract), it's just not visible like plants are. So chances are you're extracting from rooms that are sparse from being extracted a lot.
  • Hmm, never seen that happen before. That could very well be it, though. :)
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• edited April 2016
    Are there really "densities" like that? From what I've observed, it seems randomness is definitely a factor. I have observed spots in an area I'm hunting (nobody else coming in), and each hour I'll harvest anywhere from 1 to 12. No influence from anyone else, and the amount I harvested last hour doesn't seem to play a factor, with each room in the area generating entirely different amounts.

Edit: For plants
  • How do you get certain types of clothing to show up when you examine yourself? For example, I have stockings and a corset that isn't showing up - are they "hidden" by other types of clothing?
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    INFO WORN.

Also yeah, extracting does have a "scarcity" effect, and a slight randomness effect, as well.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • I mean, for when other people examine me. I want them to see my outfit :)
  • Stockings and corsets are underwear and don't show over I think it's shoes for stockings, but it may be pants, and shirts for corset.

Not sure about the stocking but for the corset if you want to layer it over the top of a shirt you can design a corset 'bodice' instead.

• Is it intended that people with a Bow that has the Shooting add-on cannot dye their arrows in any way whatsoever?

I cannot dye my arrows.
  • Dying arrows is working fine for me. DYE <#> ARROWS <colour>.
  • I presume you're not a Serpent?

Must be a bug with the Crossbow.
  • edited April 2016
    Alchemist with a L1 bow. Edit: And artefact quiver, if that matters (it shouldn't).
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Jukilian said:
    I presume you're not a Serpent?

I have a crossbow and I can dye and poison arrows perfectly well.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Knight can die arrows too, though, right?

• Shirszae said:
    Jukilian said:
    I presume you're not a Serpent?

I have a crossbow and I can dye and poison arrows perfectly well.
    1.) It says you're currently a Runewarden, so... Doesn't exactly count. Change to a class that doesn't have Shooting naturally and try?
    2.) dye 50 arrows red // I cannot fathom the meaning of "dye".
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited April 2016
    Hmm. Yeah, Dragonformed and it doesn't allow me to dye them. Should definitely bug it.
    The crossbow in general has been rife with bugs. Just one more to fix.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• In Aetolia, when multiclass came out, if you had a class that COULD use archery, you were unable to dye arrows while that class was dormant. Unsure if this is the same bug, but try swapping to the class that can dye arrows and attempt it then.
  • Jukilian only has one class

• on artefact upgrade credits you get on the wheel, they do basically count the same as regular bound or unbound credits right, when it comes to upgrading the artefact right? and do they work when it comes to sip rings, bracelets, and such or just weapons?
    imageimage
  • SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    Garlan said:
    on artefact upgrade credits you get on the wheel, they do basically count the same as regular bound or unbound credits right, when it comes to upgrading the artefact right? and do they work when it comes to sip rings, bracelets, and such or just weapons?
    Yes

• Valkyn said:
    Jukilian only has one class
    Uhhhhh, about that...