House v House + Targossas

2»

Comments

• Sothantos said:

Man, reading back, I feel like the amount of vitriolic hatred in this thread is disproportionate to the topic. Spittle's flying over eggs.

All Mhaldor's fault as usual. Just surprised they did it while we had people logged in on forums.

• FitzFitz Fire and Spice
    Carmell said:
    Sothantos said:
    Man, reading back, I feel like the amount of vitriolic hatred in this thread is disproportionate to the topic. Spittle's flying over eggs.

In other news, I have discovered that dried watermelon is absolutely disgusting.

actually it depends on who dried it.  If it's done in your home dehydrator it isn't bad.  If it's something you bought then yes it is totally disgusting.  Probably because of the preservatives they put in it.
    Soth dried it in a personal dehydrator, after several of us said it was a bad idea.

• edited September 2013
    Tesha said:
    @Dunn: Yeah, I doubt it was done with an intentional "screw Targossas" decision with the admin loling etc. We were just making the best of what we had to work with, and it was fun. I never expected Targossas' players to have the highest total, but it is really disappointing that there was not even the slightest acknowledgement or anything, heh. 

I mean, it is not a huge deal, but when activity is low and we pull together and do well in something only to get ignored, it just... well, sucks.

(Targossas scored 1239, Dunn. Add up the points in the original post. I mean, I still do not want like, Occultists to lose their prize or anything, but you know what I mean.)
    Ashtan scored 1594. I don't see why you consider your City's total score relevant to a competition regarding Houses. Yes, Targossas as a whole might have had more points than the Occultist House, but like you said in your original post, that wouldn't have been all in one House, so even if Targossas had Houses you would have only gotten less recognition, because you wouldn't have had anything to complain about.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• CarmellCarmell Eastern Washington
    Sothantos said:
    I tried to make it myself. Wasted half a watermelon. Someone on the internet was like, you should salt it and put paprika on it, it'll be delicious!

That didn't go well at all.

Yea next time just do it with nothing but your dehydrator.  That was a bad idea with the paprika probably soaked it right in.  I'd avoid the salt to for the same reason you don't want over salty watermelon.
  • edited September 2013
    That was to @Jarrod, to be fair.

ETA: You're boring too tho.

• That's the award winning attitude that's winning so many new players to Targossas :)
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• Good one.

As an aside, I like these org v. org competitions a lot, and wish there were more of them. Just egghunts, bandersnatch hunts and foozles provide a lot of fun competition between the orgs, and tacking on small prizes like additional rooms can make things a lot of fun (at least until Ashtan has House estates the size of Cyrene).

• TarausTaraus The Gypsy Wind
    omg its dean *squeal*

Okay, seriously though, on topic:

Stop fucking up watermelon, Soth. YOU WERE WARNED.

• edited September 2013
    I also want a second egghunt prize for the Mojushai!

Two rooms as first prize, one room as second prize seems fair!
    As many things as we are already having to pay for a second time.  Because we lost shallam now you want us to have to earn our househalls???
  • Jarrod said:
    That's the award winning attitude that's winning so many new players to Targossas :)

Must be working, given all the awesome novices I've been handling.

Synbios said:
    Jarrod said:
    That's the award winning attitude that's winning so many new players to Targossas :)

Must be working, given all the awesome novices I've been handling.

I've been working with a great group of novices. 
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    Haha sorry @Tesha, but why does this thread exist

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • I think the system should check for affiliations when registering characters for events like this so rogues can't skew the odds. In other words if you don't have a house in your stat you don't count for house v house.
    Just a Grook, member of House Mojushai and proud citizen of Cyrene.

- 2013/09/14 10:48:03 - Yxty says, "I will think about that while i punch this sheep."
  • It was not meant to turn into a flame fest, some people are just weirdly hostile like that. I made the thread because I was frustrated. Probably should have gone in rants. 

i'm a rebel

• edited September 2013
    players of this game will complain about literally anything
  • Phraag said:
    I think the system should check for affiliations when registering characters for events like this so rogues can't skew the odds. In other words if you don't have a house in your stat you don't count for house v house.
    That's what "rogue" means....
  • HyperlithHyperlith San Fierro area, San Andreas
    Silas said:
    Fuck all o y'all.

This discussion has been closed.