Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Why aren't there many Jesters?

MellexoMellexo Member Posts: 25
Curious why there aren't many jesters? The class looks fun, but Jesters seem like an outcast, like a friend that only makes dad jokes. 

Comments

• DaironDairon Member Posts: 330 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    I’d say you have a solid understanding of the class. 
    KlendathuJahrakCamroth
  • AntoniusAntonius Member Posts: 4,770 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    A bit of personal opinion here, but:

The flavour of the class is moronic.
    The bashing is pretty good, but isn't the best.
    The 1v1 mechanics generally result in fights that aren't enjoyable for at least one of the people involved.
    The group mechanics generally result in being targetted first.
  • TelinusTelinus Member Posts: 246 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    edited November 2018
    I edited a load of things so that peels became caltrops, bop was some cool blood-splattering smashing with my blackjack etc. but even then couldn't remain as the class.

I'd love to see it reworked completely - ground up with some form of unique abilities as opposed to just a mixture of vodun + tarot and then silly prank skills.

Even keeping Pranks itself but reskinning it, and adding 2 new skills for Jester specifically, even just those abilities reskinned would have made it more fun for me, personally.
    Jiraishin
  • JiraishinJiraishin trapped in a thawing block of iceMember Posts: 1,662 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Telinus said:
    I edited a load of things so that peels became caltrops, bop was some cool blood-splattering smashing with my blackjack etc. but even then couldn't remain as the class.

I'd love to see it reworked completely - ground up with some form of unique abilities as opposed to just a mixture of vodun + tarot and then silly prank skills.

Even keeping Pranks itself but reskinning it, and adding 2 new skills for Jester specifically, even just those abilities reskinned would have made it more fun for me, personally.
    Very much agreed, with the caveat that it would be weird if Jester lost tarot. IG lore says that Jesters taught Tarot to the Occies, not the other way around.
    Jiraishin said:
    Telinus said:

Very much agreed, with the caveat that it would be weird if Jester lost tarot. IG lore says that Jesters taught Tarot to the Occies, not the other way around.
    yes probably not a good idea for them to lose tarot, but maybe give them something that branches out from the Occie form, to show their innate understanding of it? IDK.
  • SobriquetSobriquet Member Posts: 2,271 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I personally still love the Jester flavour but I'm aware I'm in a minority. 

I think the fact that there is almost always a better option for all combat scenarios, hunting and utility. 

Really good to see Chuckles using it though, clearly an experienced IRE player as nobody picks it up that fast, but that doesn't bother me one bit. I'm pleased we have a Jester fighter out there. 
    MellexoUtianima
  • MellexoMellexo Member Posts: 25
    That's nice to hear!
Sign In to Comment.