Combat Commendations

2»

Comments

• Aegoth said:
    Prof's always been a top tier fighter, wtf are you smoking?
    Idk if you realise just how old the character 'Proficy' is, but to say he always has been is a stretch.

• edited May 2018
    Atalkez said:
    I’ve got 7,000 deaths 
    That some tough training.

Dude that's like over 7 hours of watching your screen mock you.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• I had never played a MUD before when I started Achaea. The learning curve was pretty steep.

Also I am a serial starburst user, especially back when you could ink 6-8 at a time.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • edited May 2018
    A lot of the older people started pking before stat stats so they definitely lucked out on trimming out the noob years (though some people probably lost a few thousand pks too)
  • Big thanks to @Israyhl for some advice he gave me. Really helped to put things into perspective and make some progress in 1v1 Bardo fighting.
    I wish I could throw off the thoughts which poison my happiness, but I take a kind of pleasure in indulging them.
  • Atalkez said:
    I’ve got 7,000 deaths
    How many of those are for defecting?  B)
    "If you build it, they will come."
  • Ictinus said:
    Atalkez said:
    I’ve got 7,000 deaths
    How many of those are for defecting?  B)
    Only Targ really went at me. I died once to Ainly after leaving Mhaldor. Ashtan, no one came after me except people I duel anyway.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    @Mizik and @Tanris for helping me to think outside of the box and offering advice and new strategies. 

• Yeah quite sure me, bleak ranger and someone else made them redo the whole combat system a long time ago.... when we had like 4000+ wins and losses on our combat rankings..... 

@atalkez and I'm certain you were getting rekt way before you started that counter.

@pyori and yes I did mess up my counts... and still do, I think I got my first limb counter ever in my history of achaea like 2 weeks ago. I can only keep track of so much in my head...But doubt your opinion/judgement on who's "top tier" isnt really relevant when most people say who the f**k is that when you speak.

And for the record my tude has been pretty consistent. But thanks for noticing .. even though I don't think we have ever interacted.... (stalker)
  • Proficy said:
    @atalkez and I'm certain you were getting rekt way before you started that counter.
    Sure, but not by you. My counter is 96% accurate. The deaths I don’t have accounted for are Jarrel/Tanris/Sohl during my true noob defiling runs with gnolls.

• Proficy said:

I like how you agree with what I say, but still get overly defensive. =)
    Also it's not really stalking; we've interacted plenty. Just not as Pyori.

--
    OT: Who do I commend? Hrm. @Rangor and @Lyrin for answering loads of question on Sentinel, after I had to relearn the class entirely, and always willing to spar to help me get the hang of it. @Seragorn, @Dunn, @Austere for willing to answer questions on pretty much anything they know.

@Ashmond, @Exelethril, @Vender, @Kasa uhhh... Probably a few others I'm missing. For all the fights over the years that helped me to finetune stuff, and get the hang of certain strats. @Proficy for a number of fun 1v1 fights, that happened during raids/skirmishes/shrine defilements. Even though it often ended with others catching up, and me nearly/actually dying because of snipes. And a couple of "well done"s when I killed him :)

• Ok, there's a lot of saltiness about @Iakimen but to his credit, he totally explained a bunch of stuff regarding Alchemist to me before/after we fought. Don't see him as much of a jerk anymore XD. But I guess that's what getting to know people beyond getting killed by them does to you. 

Anyhow. Cheers. 
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • That moment when retirees get snippy and flaunt being all knowing... but don't wanna put out who they were.
  • On a more related note, I never really asked @Proficy for help when it came to combat, but if there's one thing I can say for that man, it's the fact that he has always been willing to help when people genuinely want help. He was super helpful with mining, when I was getting into it. If I'd have ever asked him for help with combat he'd undoubtedly have helped.

Hell, even @Aegoth helped in my Mhaldorian days. Cheers!
  • edited May 2018
    @Proficy is kinda moody (who isnt though) but years ago he would kick the stuffing out of me then was always willing to discuss why I was bad. I never got all that good and still am not, but he definitely helped me get better regardless of being an enemy to his city and to Sartan. Talk all the stuff on Prof you want, but the dude has always been an honourable guy. At least in regards to some nobody like me.
    I wish I could throw off the thoughts which poison my happiness, but I take a kind of pleasure in indulging them.
  • @Iakimen I'm just a dude in Mhaldor, but he has always been helpful. As a newer person to the game sometimes it feels like the top tier is unapproachable. He has always been open to answering any questions or sparring when there is free time. I'll eventually get to the point that I'm a challenge in these spars!
  • Nataliia said:
    That moment when retirees get snippy and flaunt being all knowing... but don't wanna put out who they were.
    I thought it was pretty well known who @Pyori is...............
  • Kriex said:
    Nataliia said:
    That moment when retirees get snippy and flaunt being all knowing... but don't wanna put out who they were.
    I thought it was pretty well known who @Pyori is...............
    Everyone is Remilia.

• Astarod said:
    Ok, there's a lot of saltiness about @Iakimen but to his credit, he totally explained a bunch of stuff regarding Alchemist to me before/after we fought. Don't see him as much of a jerk anymore XD. But I guess that's what getting to know people beyond getting killed by them does to you. 

Anyhow. Cheers. 
    I DC'd in Mhaldor during a raid just as we got rushed. I logged back in to a group of Mhaldorians and got killed. Iakimen apologised in a tell, not for the death itself as that was of course justified, but expressing sympathy for what just happened to me. He was also good to fight when in Eleusis.

For me, there are no better teachers of combat in Hashan than @kasa, @Armali, @calira, @krizal and @Regi

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Only ever fought @Iakimen in a Eleusis Rampage.  We had a delightful conversation before he murdered me.  

Then he jumped me while hunting and I was all "you broke my heart, you sonofa.." and he said "You had a relic".  Didn't realize I had grabbed Dragon Bow.  fully legit.

• @Iakimen is dope. I remember way way back on my first char when he was a newbie I tried to be helpful and teach him a bit about combat at first but it became increasingly clear that he was going to sail past where I was and after maybe two IG years? I couldn't beat him anymore. I dueled him fairly recently on this char and he parried every. Single. DSL. That I threw at him. It was tremendously frustrating but also just damn damn damn impressive.

But also fuck @Mayology
  • Too many to recall. My first ever trainer in combat was a guy named Wylie. He was my mentor in the Jesters guild.  Ainly was like 20 years old but I still thank him for giving me my start.

Ranzou really taught me to love learning exotic strategies.

Daloc taught me how to Naga.

Cain taught me to take risks.

There was a time when Atalkez and I dueled constantly. I think we both learned a lot from those times.

More recently, Lyrin has been really helpful.

Oh and Dochitha.

And honestly a lot more that I have not named, but have spent countless hours just running reps in the arena with.
  • You and Manu were great to me in the early years of the Jester guild, learnt a lot from both of you. I remember Wylie too although only vaguely.

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Rennyn, Dumah, Tanris, Jhui, Dunn and Sohl. Countless hours of spars, talking things out and perfecting strategies. 

Jarrel-smalljpg

• They all need to come back too see where modern players stand now.....
    Especially @tanris heard he was a push over *duck*