Combat Commendations

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Spars, duels, raids, shrine warfare. Quite a few reasons to kill each other. Hah!
Pat people on the back here for being genuinely helpful in learning and having fun when you're fighting!
The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."

Comments

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    @Dunn, hands down, every time. Solid advice, knows his stuff.

@Ibn, @Israyhl, @Paxton, @Shirszae and all the other people I've sparred in recent days, all have given me pointers on where I can improve.

I would mention @Xaden for his sportsmanship, but he's a filthy Targ.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • @Bann for always fielding my stupid questions. Ran him around in circles for an hour once cuz I didn't understand leg breaks. I thought the two salve applies I was seeing were one for each leg....

But yeah man, super patient with my dumbass. 
  • @Atalkez for being an awesome duelling partner. @Kasa for being a great punching bag while I was learning Shaman.
  • People need to stop tagging me in shit. I check forums and see notifications pop up and think "oh fuck, who have I offended now" :(

He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• @Xaden

Along with countless others to help me learn. 
  • @Tanris for making me not give a fuck about dying a majority of the time. 

• Dunn said:
    @Tanris for making me not give a fuck about dying a majority of the time. 
    Tanris for killing Dunn a lot. As well as most of Ashtan.

• @Lyrin is consistently one of the funnest fights! Adapts quick, is pretty good, always laughs at dumb stuff (I'll never forget the way you gazed at me back then baby). Just a shame I'm terrible at this stuff now, really
  • @Israyhl for sure since he deals with my RL tiny-tantrums when I don't get something or something isn't going right.

@Dunn @Seragorn who have been super willing to just give random tips.

Still have to holler back to @Aerek who helped me originally, so ridiculously patiently.

Hoping this list will expand to more people in the future.
  • @Telinus and I dueled for like 15-30 minutes, easily. At least it felt like it. Afterwards, I had learned quite a bit about jesters. 10/10 would jump on clouds again. :)
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • edited May 2018
    Oh, also @Proficy for being the first mid-tier combatant I killed as Shaman. On Annwyn with coagulate into soulscourge in one second if I recall. I eventually went on to defeat much more skilled opponents, but I will always remember Proficy for being shocked at dying to a no-name despite his lack of any real skill.
  • lol that backhanded compliment
  • Amranu said:
    Oh, also @Proficy for being the first mid-tier combatant I killed as Shaman. On Annwyn with coagulate into soulscourge in one second if I recall. I eventually went on to defeat much more skilled opponents, but I will always remember Proficy for being shocked at dying to a no-name despite his lack of any real skill.
    I'm embarrassed for anyone who died to proficy then :(.
  • In the beginning when I started as 2h, @Proficy and @Aegoth answered numerous boneheaded questions I had and didn't ridicule me (much) for asking them. @Melodie for letting me beat on her for hours on end trying to figure out how combos work.

Once I switched to Stickmonk, @Zulah, @Seragorn and @Farrah for letting me ask more stupid questions even though I was in another city and helping me as much as possible.

Honestly, I've never found one shitty person when it came to combat. If you approach people with the willingness to learn and not take yourself too seriously, there is little reason why they shouldn't help you. So really, everyone in the combat community, at all tiers, should be commended for understanding it is best for the small community we have here to help everyone no matter the affiliation. I like you guys :)
  • @Farrah has always been great. I swear some day I'll stop asking you about default curing priorities.
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • @ Everyone who's dueled with me and not just beheaded me when something on my end inevitably breaks.

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • edited May 2018

@Austere all day long for the zillions of questions he's answered, the raids he's invited me to take part in, and the general sense that it's okay to try/okay to die without caring too much about it. It's made a huge difference for Tru!

Also @Maux for always being willing to have a ridiculous fashion off. I think I've learned more about vodun by watching your puppetry than anywhere else!

• Amranu said:
    Lmao

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • edited May 2018
    Truax said:

@Austere all day long for the zillions of questions he's answered, the raids he's invited me to take part in, and the general sense that it's okay to try/okay to die without caring too much about it. It's made a huge difference for Tru!

Also @Maux for always being willing to have a ridiculous fashion off. I think I've learned more about vodun by watching your puppetry than anywhere else!

I will get you next time... eventually i'll learn to not walk back in after you've started tzantza.
  • Amranu said:
    Rip the days of comboing swiftcurse with invokes. Also like the hour or two after jinx was released, where you could combo invokes with jinx. Man that got fixed so fast :(

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Any time I've shown an interest in combat, @Dunn, @Jhui, and @Mizik have always been super patient and given me so much advice. The thing I appreciate most is their readiness to think outside the box and give me suggestions that work with my playstyle, rather than telling me to do x, y, z.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Kyrra said:
    Any time I've shown an interest in combat, @Dunn, @Jhui, and @Mizik have always been super patient and given me so much advice. The thing I appreciate most is their readiness to think outside the box and give me suggestions that work with my playstyle, rather than telling me to do x, y, z.
    "Hey Kyrra if you take their totem when we go in, they might ask you to plant another one for them later!"

• Atalkez said:
    Amranu said:
    Lmao
    Funny you two are the ones who find this funny, when there are more deaths from you two to me alone than most people have in there lifetime...

But haters gonna hate, I'm doing it right I guess.
  • As in most games, and life, if you find yourself running into enemies, you're probably going the right way 
  • Proficy said:
    Atalkez said:
    Amranu said:
    Lmao
    Funny you two are the ones who find this funny, when there are more deaths from you two to me alone than most people have in there lifetime...

But haters gonna hate, I'm doing it right I guess.
    I mean you've died to them both a ton, too, with all that dueling on clouds and shit. Not everything is meant in a negative way, just because people bring up killing you. In fact that's literally the opposite of this thread's intention.

• Except that Amranu was purposely disparaging Profibro
  • edited May 2018
    Aegoth said:
    Except that Amranu was purposely disparaging Profibro
    Idk Proficy wasn't spectacular a few years ago; I remember when he'd mess up his monk counts pretty much every other fight. He's definitely gotten a ton better than he used to be back in like 2013-2014, and considering Amranu's post was very obviously pointing at a long time ago...

His attitude also has seemingly improved quite a bit, from when I first started playing. Majority of my interactions with him have been fairly okay, in the past few years.

• Prof's always been a top tier fighter, wtf are you smoking?
  • Amranu was joking, ya’ll couldn’t tell? Sarcasm was heavy.

Also, I literally have a slain tracker and your number is way off Proficy. I’ve got 7,000 deaths, you’re 3% of that lol. 200 deaths over 5 years, especially considering where I started in relation to you, isn’t exactly eye popping.

Amranu and Jhui have killed me more than anyone else.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Full disclosure: it used to be around 50% win/loss against Proficy for me, but the more recent fights have been pretty one-sided in favour of Prof. I was just being a dick :)