Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Tankiest/ best bashing class

124»

Comments

  • RangorRangor Member Posts: 3,265 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Sarathai said:
    Rangor said:
    Penwize said:
    Ah helpful!  Hrm, though now that I'm trying to implement it, I also need a sort of baseline battlerage damage estimate to go with my attack estimates.  It'll be hard to accurately represent the impact battlerage does if I don't have a good damage number estimate relative to the dps I'm estimating at.
    Tricky indeed. Some classes have like.... Druid squirrels that hit 3-4 small hits on their damage ability, instead of one big.
    Squirrels are the Sentinel one. Druid has a DoT as well, but it's strangling vines.
    Almost enough of a reason to go Sentinel that. SQUIRREL ARMY 
    image
    Utianima
  • LucianusLucianus Member Posts: 419 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    20 str and 17 con with dreadblade for Runewarden hunting is godly. At first it's so-so, but as I gained more level and inch closer to level 90. I'm beginning to feel the difference in those extra damage criticals.

    I run lvl 3 sip ring, lvl 3 belt, lvl 3 health/mana + lv2 health regen band to make up for being unable to wield a SoA. It's been working well so far. However, there's always a gut feeling that tells me that SoA + lvl 3 longsword + health sip ring builds will always trump whatever I'm currently running at a much lower credit cost/investment.
    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.

    Free Community System for Achaea: TReX System <link here>
    - I have decided to become involve in developing and maintaining this community system for Achaea. Feel free to message me in-game or on forum for help or bugfixing.
    Utianima
  • KythraKythra Member Posts: 285 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Atalkez said:
    Kiet said:
    Atalkez said:
    Kiet said:
    Atalkez said:
    Kiet said:
    Idk if it requires 'soooo much'. For pk all you need is an arty dirk and maybe some tanking arties.
    Her point was that you don't get both from the same expenditure as you would with another class.

    Bard gets an increase to hunting and PK with an SP, Alchie gets a boost to both with a Talisman.

    Serpent has no direct correlation to everything that isn't also tied to a negative (taking more Dex, sacrificing Con). 

    I don't think it's a stretch to say that Serpent requires more arties to be successful than Bard/Alchie, since Serpent inherently requires you to put yourself behind health-wise to succeed offensively, and that issue is only expanded when you can't use arties to augment.

    Alchemist is top-tier PK class out-of-the-box, no arties even needed. Bard not quite as much, but definitely possible.

    Serpent is probably in the bottom third of classes, in terms of effectiveness, unartied in PK especially and if you spec for PK then your hunting suffers, too.
    There's only like a couple of classes that are as effective unartied as alchemist, that's pretty unfair comparison.

    Serpent definitely wants arties to be top tier, I just feel the post is underselling serp and overstating how much it needs arties. It's not the #1 dps class without arties, sure, but it's decent enough bashing. And you need only light arties for PK.
    Not sure what PK you're referring to. You don't duel anymore, and I can 100% assure you that you need a lot more than "light arties" these days to be successful in any kind of dueling scenario. 10,000 credits in arties is hardly "light". 

    I'll take unartied pretty much anything over Serpent, having played the majority of classes unartied, in terms of being effective and actually securing kills. 2.5s dstab is impossible to lock anything that knows to eat more than bloodroot. This isn't 2005 anymore, boss.
    How do you need 10k in arties? You need arty dirk and then enough health to not get instad. You're probably going to be screwed vs like dwb no matter what, sure, but at level 99/100 atavian can get 5k hp with <2k credits, and SoA puts you just over that mark. + dirk you're looking at like 3k.  I mean, yeah, it's not cheap, but you don't need like 10k at all. You still have people like Gero/Kythra killing people with like 5 max hp anyway, though. You can't kill everyone (without a lot of effort) without the artied hp, but it's definitely possible. Mizik was running around with like 4k hp, for instance, too (he did get just outdamaged by some things though, as was pointed out in another thread).


    Also, yes, unartied serp is pretty bad, I agreed with that. It's a problem of the trait/spec system and how ridiculous HP spread gets. You can't balance damage around some people having 10 con and some people having 16 con before arties, unless you make everything 100% scaling (which it's not). Would rather play another game than unartied serp :tongue: 

    Atavian with no arties has 11 con, to get 5k health you need a level 2 belt which is 1000c. SoA is 800c. Dirk is 800c (level 2 at 15 dex is capped that isn't a Thoth). That's 2600c before a sip ring, regen, buckawns, or upgrading any of the health arties you -did- get. Not to mention you're -still- only buying arties that augment your hunting (offensively), and would need to add a lash after that to increase your hunting. 7000-10,000 credit expenditure not hard at all to do, and still be missing things that can help you survive.

    I've never seen Mizik under ~4700 health in the past 2 years. We're basically artied the same configuration, with some small differences.

    You can't say Alchemist isn't a good comparison to Serpent, then use an Alchemist to prove that 5k health can kill people. Kythra can kill as an Alchemist, sure, but she never proved that she could kill unartied as any class that isn't already maximized offensively before arties are added. I'm not saying she can't, just that she hasn't yet.

    Anyway, we're saying the same thing essentially. Unartied Serpent isn't worth even attempting if you don't plan on purchasing arties to augment. Nearly every class is better equipped for hunting and PK at a base level from Serpent.

    Edit: The 10,000 comment was anecdotal evidence as that is about where I am as far as arties and I still get damaged out, and I'm still missing stuff, and I can't hunt in lesser that isn't Paladin (out of the four classes I have/had access to atm).
    Hi. My name was used but no tag, so kinda late. I left Alchie when I left Ashtan, so when @Kiet said me/Gero it's because I'm running unartied Serpent and winning. According to my slain tracker I've gotten 18 kills so far out of the 63 I've had altogether and won 26 spars as Serpent. Can't beat people like Ainly or Proficy anymore cuz unartied Serpent has so much to buildup on before it can get too scary. But that saying as a Syssin player it all appeals to me and can't wait until I can get some more dex and better Dirk. @Atalkez ;

    Nothing to do with Bashing but wanted to clarify he isn't comparing me to Alchie anymore. I think.
    AtalkezUtianima
  • SobriquetSobriquet Member Posts: 2,429 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Lucianus said:
    20 str and 17 con with dreadblade for Runewarden hunting is godly. At first it's so-so, but as I gained more level and inch closer to level 90. I'm beginning to feel the difference in those extra damage criticals.

    I run lvl 3 sip ring, lvl 3 belt, lvl 3 health/mana + lv2 health regen band to make up for being unable to wield a SoA. It's been working well so far. However, there's always a gut feeling that tells me that SoA + lvl 3 longsword + health sip ring builds will always trump whatever I'm currently running at a much lower credit cost/investment.
    Breaking News! Adventurer with Level 3 arties finds hunting easier
    image
    ShirszaeRangorUtianima
  • IsrayhlIsrayhl Member Posts: 190 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Sobriquet said:
    Lucianus said:
    20 str and 17 con with dreadblade for Runewarden hunting is godly. At first it's so-so, but as I gained more level and inch closer to level 90. I'm beginning to feel the difference in those extra damage criticals.

    I run lvl 3 sip ring, lvl 3 belt, lvl 3 health/mana + lv2 health regen band to make up for being unable to wield a SoA. It's been working well so far. However, there's always a gut feeling that tells me that SoA + lvl 3 longsword + health sip ring builds will always trump whatever I'm currently running at a much lower credit cost/investment.
    Breaking News! Adventurer with Level 3 arties finds hunting easier
    Right? Now, since I mostly only have lvl 2 arties, my experience with bashing is much closer to base-level, hence my advice that Bards are better than everyone is much more trustworthy. 
  • MinifieMinifie Member Posts: 2,382 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Israyhl said:
    Sobriquet said:
    Lucianus said:
    20 str and 17 con with dreadblade for Runewarden hunting is godly. At first it's so-so, but as I gained more level and inch closer to level 90. I'm beginning to feel the difference in those extra damage criticals.

    I run lvl 3 sip ring, lvl 3 belt, lvl 3 health/mana + lv2 health regen band to make up for being unable to wield a SoA. It's been working well so far. However, there's always a gut feeling that tells me that SoA + lvl 3 longsword + health sip ring builds will always trump whatever I'm currently running at a much lower credit cost/investment.
    Breaking News! Adventurer with Level 3 arties finds hunting easier
    Right? Now, since I mostly only have lvl 2 arties, my experience with bashing is much closer to base-level, hence my advice that Bards are better than everyone is much more trustworthy. 
    I have a level 1 crit pendant, therefor, sylvan is best.


    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Taryius says, "Oops, thats not a foray. Thats two novices going at it in the wilderness."
  • KafzielKafziel Member Posts: 658 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean

    Israyhl said:
    Right? Now, since I mostly only have lvl 2 arties, my experience with bashing is much closer to base-level, hence my advice that Bards are better than everyone is much more trustworthy. 
    Unless things have changed since I was bard, your numbers are a bit off
    Israyhl said:
    Balance and equilibrium are 15% faster, you get 15% health/mana ticks, passive affliction curing on a (supposedly) 15s tick. And even without an artifact, harmonics last 15 minutes. 

    AFAIK canticle/gigue are 10%, continuo is 15% on a 10 second timer, wassail is 5% on a 7 second timer, hallelujah is a semirandom timer (seems to be like 50% chance to proc every 4 seconds or something like that). Other than that, carry on
Sign In to Comment.