Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

commissioned GUIs

13»

Comments

  • JovoloJovolo EnglandMember Posts: 3,155 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Is there any documentation on how I could get started (When I have the opportunity) or a template I could download as an example? I'm very interested in the channel/chat capturing, the map and the borders.
  • VadimusesVadimuses Member Posts: 1,102 @ - Epic Achaean
    Documentation on how to do this in Mudlet? Yes, it's all where the documentation is (manual in the wiki).
    Trevize
  • TrevizeTrevize Member Posts: 1,517 @ - Epic Achaean
    edited November 2013
    @Jovolo

    I still haven't made a background, and a lot was just changed, so it could be a little cleaner. But here you go, if it helps!

    Here's my UI currently:
    (look at the bottom of the UI script for samples for sending chat and updating the bars)

    Here's the room items tracker:

    Here's the room window updating script:

    Here's the char sheet updating:

    Also, these four pages I found useful when starting:

    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
    Averi
  • TarkanianTarkanian Member Posts: 254 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    These are amazing. Better start saving for credits again.
    Trevize
  • TrevizeTrevize Member Posts: 1,517 @ - Epic Achaean
    edited November 2013
    @Zulah I summon thee...

    How much would you charge just for a background image? The UI would be mine, I just need images (and I'm not quite done with my UI, but almost!).

    I would want four images, if possible. One background for each side (left/right), and one overlay for each, primarily transparent with the same dimensions as the background, to give borders to the UI boxes, making the whole thing seamless.


    Post edited by Trevize on
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • JonathinJonathin Retirement hole.Member Posts: 3,323 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I don't know if it'd help, but you can make transparent labels and then use QT to make borders around the transparent labels. Also, you can make a label behind a miniconsole (or another label I suppose) and use QT to radius the corners or something. Just make the bg label 5px or so bigger on all sides (so +10 to height and width) and you've got instant borders around your elements.

    Not as pretty as Zulah's stuff, but it works.

    My site will remain up, but will not be maintained. The repository will continue to have scripts added to it if I decide to play another game. Maybe I'll see you around in Starmourn!
    Tutorials and scripts  The Repository

  • AkayaAkaya Member Posts: 32 ✭✭ - Stalwart
    Very nice guis. You have me brainstorming!
  • AkayaAkaya Member Posts: 32 ✭✭ - Stalwart
    Jovolo said:

    Is there any documentation on how I could get started (When I have the opportunity) or a template I could download as an example? I'm very interested in the channel/chat capturing, the map and the borders.

    there is a geyser ui template on the mudlet forum

    Averi
  • TrevizeTrevize Member Posts: 1,517 @ - Epic Achaean
    edited November 2013
    Jonathin said:
    I don't know if it'd help, but you can make transparent labels and then use QT to make borders around the transparent labels. Also, you can make a label behind a miniconsole (or another label I suppose) and use QT to radius the corners or something. Just make the bg label 5px or so bigger on all sides (so +10 to height and width) and you've got instant borders around your elements.

    Not as pretty as Zulah's stuff, but it works.
    I appreciate the thought. My script is actually set up so I could do that easily, I tried it, but I saw Zulah's and decided I wanted to try and make it look better... then ended up discarding that idea for now and blending it in with the black background.

    @Zulah: disregard my previous question for now, I'll catch you later on that, I'm going to go with what I have. Besides, you look busy. :p
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • ElainaElaina Member Posts: 23 ✭✭ - Stalwart
    @Zulah ... I just have to say OMG! These are some very sexy GUI's.

    You've got me thinking about commissioning one from you already, I have to think on what I'd like though, so I'll get back to you once I have an idea.

    I also want to wait until I get my new monitor first!

    I'd trade the boyfriend for one but he'll likely want one himself being a fellow Achaean. Once he sees them.

    so, I totally have to get one first! :p

    Elaina x

  • ZincorZincor USAMember Posts: 49 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    @Zulah These are simply amazing, and I would definitely love to purchase one.
    Boosteya
  • GaradrossGaradross Member Posts: 10
    edited January 2014
    This almost makes me want to get into Mudlet. I wouldn't know where to even begin trying to do anything even remotely close to this with MUSHclient. -.-
  • KuyKuy Member Posts: 1,497 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Garadross said:

    This almost makes me want to get into Mudlet. I wouldn't know where to even begin trying to do anything even remotely close to this with MUSHclient. -.-

    I'll teach you how to start making MUSHclient better.

    Throw it away.
    [2:41:24 AM] Kenway: I bet you smell like evergreen trees and you could wrestle boreal mammals but they'd rather just cuddle you
    ShirszaeSiduriJonathinBoosteya
  • HasarHasar Member Posts: 795 @ - Epic Achaean
    Oh no you did NOT JUST DISS MY MUSHCLIENT.

    @GARADROSS YOU DO YOU OKAY MUSHCLIENT FTW

    F U @KUY

    Boosteya
  • KuyKuy Member Posts: 1,497 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Hasar said:

    Oh no you did NOT JUST DISS MY MUSHCLIENT.

    @GARADROSS YOU DO YOU OKAY MUSHCLIENT FTW

    F U @KUY

    No wonder you're so good at fighting in retardation in groups.
    [2:41:24 AM] Kenway: I bet you smell like evergreen trees and you could wrestle boreal mammals but they'd rather just cuddle you
    BoosteyaAtalkezPraxides
  • AveriAveri Member Posts: 555 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    edited January 2014
    Trevize said:
    @Jovolo

    I still haven't made a background, and a lot was just changed, so it could be a little cleaner. But here you go, if it helps!

    Here's my UI currently:
    (look at the bottom of the UI script for samples for sending chat and updating the bars)

    Here's the room items tracker:

    Here's the room window updating script:

    Here's the char sheet updating:

    Also, these four pages I found useful when starting:

    May I use your script too??? please??  

    And is there a place to find all the gmpc commands that are available?

    <<I am a total newb at this>>

    Edit: Zulah, your guis are amazing!  I <3 the images.
    Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • AkayaAkaya Member Posts: 32 ✭✭ - Stalwart
  • AveriAveri Member Posts: 555 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Thank you! <3
    Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • TrevizeTrevize Member Posts: 1,517 @ - Epic Achaean
    edited January 2014
    Averi said:
    Trevize said:
    @Jovolo

    I still haven't made a background, and a lot was just changed, so it could be a little cleaner. But here you go, if it helps!

    Here's my UI currently:
    (look at the bottom of the UI script for samples for sending chat and updating the bars)

    Here's the room items tracker:

    Here's the room window updating script:

    Here's the char sheet updating:

    Also, these four pages I found useful when starting:

    May I use your script too??? please??  

    And is there a place to find all the gmpc commands that are available?

    <<I am a total newb at this>>

    Edit: Zulah, your guis are amazing!  I <3 the images.
    If I post it, anyone can use it. Never really cared much for exclusivity.

    edit: that room items tracker is horribly outdated. I've fixed a ton of problems with it. Hm. Only problem is I broke it into a few different scripts for ease of editing. May post up later. When I get a break from this work stuff.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
    JonathinAveri
  • SiduriSiduri Member Posts: 1,549 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    @Ourania Well, you can still give him a crown or two in order to get a nice Gui with your picture on it, and meters for your essence. And an heretic tracker that reports the location of all Order enemies and Targossians live. That could be worth it.

    image
    Boosteya
  • VadimusesVadimuses Member Posts: 1,102 @ - Epic Achaean
    You could totally make that a reality with Mudlet as well
  • TrevizeTrevize Member Posts: 1,517 @ - Epic Achaean
    Siduri said:
    @Ourania Well, you can still give him a crown or two in order to get a nice Gui with your picture on it, and meters for your essence. And an heretic tracker that reports the location of all Order enemies and Targossians live. That could be worth it.
    That changes with the phase of the moon!

    Also, set up a 'zap random order member' button, a 'fling random person in the moon to the room' button, and a 'disorient' button that, every 15 seconds for the next 10 minutes, moves your target to a random room a few rooms away with no warning and no message.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
    TrillianaDaslinBoosteya
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygenMember Posts: 2,492 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    @Trevize @Ourania Can I have the disorient button? Just for funzies? I'll only use it like, twice. and NEVER in combat, I swears.
  • BoosteyaBoosteya Member Posts: 370 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    I love how pretty these GUIs are!

    Hmm...
    Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π
  • XithXith Member Posts: 2,602 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Ourania said:
    *looks at my plain black mudlet* Yes... Well... I'm a god :P But I really want swirly orbs... But seriously, these are beautiful. They add another dimension into the immersion of MUDs.
    *titter*
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
    Knivek
13»
Sign In to Comment.