commissioned GUIs

Comments

• edited November 2013
    Okay wow, I can't even comprehend how epic that is. How much do you ask for these, and would you start from someone else's work (ie redo mine)? 

I feel like asking for challenging things just to see if it's possible, like photoshop facial expressions into my bumper sticker of Aurora based on who's winning the fight (and flapping phoenix), but then again, you might actually do it and then I'd have to give you like 500 credits. 

In all seriousness though, some different-colored animated orbs with vitals like health, angel power, devotion etc. would be pretty neat, maybe a few other things. Can't believe you can actually have animated stuff on a gui.

i'm a rebel

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    @Jovolo: Zulah's stuff actually made me do it and once I started looking into his stuff and reading through the Geyser manual, it's really not that hard if you actually have the real estate to make it work.

(notbitteratmymaximumresolution)
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • ValdusValdus Australia
    If he's adding .gif animations what you suggested sounds entirely plausible @Tesha .

I really need to think about what I want for Valdus as a Sentinel.

By the way @Zulah that Alchemist one was simply brilliant. The fluid tracker on the left is genius.

Viva la Bluef.
  • Zulah said:
    Vadimuses said:
    Thank you. Seems to run just fine without causing issues. You've opened new GUI options for me! (As if I didn't have enough)
    Yeah, I'm impressed. nearly 70 images, and Mudlet is barely registering in terms of CPU.
  • edited November 2013
    Whats all this "but my screen is too small" nonsense?! Commissioned 15" laptop screen Angel themed.

• I definitely want to figure out how to pull off those toggle-able consoles, great stuff.
    Chat with other players in real time on your phone, browser, or desktop client:
    Come join the Achaea discord!
  • Rom said:
    I definitely want to figure out how to pull off those toggle-able consoles, great stuff.
    For Labels it's:
    showWindow("label_name")
    hideWindow("label_name")

For miniconsoles I just throw them off screen:
    moveWindow("console_name", 9000, 9000)
    moveWindow("console_name", 10, 10)
  • Zulah said:
    Rom said:
    I definitely want to figure out how to pull off those toggle-able consoles, great stuff.
    For Labels it's:
    showWindow("label_name")
    hideWindow("label_name")

You can show and hide miniconsoles, too. The way I have my map set up is with one container, with a Mapper and a MiniConsole (for capturing the wilderness map) on top of each other; when I enter the wilderness or board a ship, I hide the mapper and show the miniconsole, and the opposite on exiting.
  • edited November 2013

Eld said:
    Zulah said:
    Rom said:
    For Labels it's:
    showWindow("label_name")
    hideWindow("label_name")

You can show and hide miniconsoles, too. The way I have my map set up is with one container, with a Mapper and a MiniConsole (for capturing the wilderness map) on top of each other; when I enter the wilderness or board a ship, I hide the mapper and show the miniconsole, and the opposite on exiting.
    That's how my mapper is set up aswell. If you miniconsole inside a container you can showWindow/hideWindow which is nice. For the sake of the miniConsole/Guages themselves though, moving them around is a basic way for people learning.

I'm still learning ways to bend mudlet to my will. Working on some nice pull down menus right now that utilize a touch of animating with showWindow hideWindow. So far I'm happy with the effects
  • I would probably switch to Mudlet just for Fire Emblem bashing animations, if that works out well.
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    ...I...I...I almost really want this. It's in the I want category, just... it's nearly really.
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    edited November 2013
    ...how much do you charge per GUI, again?  ^:)^
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Tharvis said:
    ...how much do you charge per GUI, again?  ^:)^
    They've been going for about 1-2 crowns depending on extras someone wants. Basic one is 1crown or 35credits. But the nice thing about them is they are .mpackage (easy install) and I try to organize everything, clearly label and add comments so after someone gets one they can easily change almost everything about it on a whim. I try to put a custom effect in each one too so no two are exactly the same.
  • Just want to add my name to the list of people who think this is an awesome job

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    I am so very tempted to get something like this for bard...

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
    What are the borders set to in the 1366x768 resolution?

I think one of my big problems is coming from the fact that I don't want to feel like I'm compressing the text into a tiny tiny area.
  • edited November 2013
    getMainWindowSize() returned

{
    }

No, I mean the borders he set to confine the text.
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    I so want to buy that Diablo GUI once you're done with it
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• FenFen Snappy Snappy, Takey Takey
    @Zulah these are all really, really sick, man.
  • I find that having rooms 5, exits 10 on the mapper makes the exit lines look nice on it. You could also try experimenting and replacing the items miniconsole with a label.